Stats not scaling properly in PvP

tootoofun

I'm well over 100% accuracy and 30% crit at level 37...zone into the battleground and the 2 stats aren't scaling (bolstering) as they're supposed to, I'm getting de-buffed to 20% crit and 92% accuracy..this is a horrible bug, yet seems commonplace as of lately in the game.

I remember something about this, it has to do with the stat destributions post lvl 50. For example at 55 you would have a really tuff time getting 30% crit, but before 50 its fairly easy.

Instead of tuning down all crit, they did it for just post 55

since WZ Bolster bolsters you to 55 stats, you'll see a drop rather than an increase.

I remember something about this, it has to do with the stat destributions post lvl 50. For example at 55 you would have a really tuff time getting 30% crit, but before 50 its fairly easy.

Instead of tuning down all crit, they did it for just post 55

since WZ Bolster bolsters you to 55 stats, you'll see a drop rather than an increase.

The OP said his character is level 37.

The OP said his character is level 37.

clearly you didnt read his post. He said that bioware fixed bolster in lowbies to be the same at 55. Therefore in lowbies you can take a hit on crit, surge & other stats. It is bolstering you up to 55 stats. and at 55 it is really hard to get those high crit, surge and other stat numbers.

clearly you didnt read his post. He said that bioware fixed bolster in lowbies to be the same at 55. Therefore in lowbies you can take a hit on crit, surge & other stats. It is bolstering you up to 55 stats. and at 55 it is really hard to get those high crit, surge and other stat numbers.

then they did it yesterday if they did. precisely between 2PM and 7PM PST..so i highly doubt that's it. plus i was at the 102 and 30% before zoning in, therefore it should remain the same

Edited by tootoofun

I really miss the days when you could put on a piece of gear and know exactly how it effected your stats. You could open up your character tab and know exactly how strong you are. You could look at gear options and know exactly what upgrade will provide you with the desired stat increase. Those were simpler times.

when you go into a warzone, you are bolstered as if you are level 55.

working as intended

which means all the stats should scale accordingly..they are not. being over a certain amount that means they should bolster the same as when they started

I cant say whether its a bug or intended, but here is the long answer as I recall it since it was quite some time ago.

While doing testing for 2.0 Bioware decided that the DR needed adjusting for higher level gear. The reason behind this is that players were already getting 35%+ on crit and nearly 80% on surge, 60% on shield, etc

Now increasing stats flat out would be putting stats like 45%+ Crit, 90%+ surge, etc. So what they did atleast for PTS was make it to where when you hit 51, your stats received the NEW DR curve.

One of the complaints on PTS was that your stats went down going from 50 to 51.

So why keep the stats the same 1-50 and just adjust the 51-55 crowd?

Because content from 1-50 was already tuned to chars with those percentage stats. It would mean that they would have to retune all the lvl 50 ops/FPs hell even the leveling stuff like heroics and class quests.

So rather than doing that, they simply made the DR curve change at lvl 51 for the new content.

Ever wonder why the mobs on Makeb seem much more difficult then the ones on Ilum? The answer is that your stats (or your secondary stats like def/crit/surge/etc drop significantly.

Now Bolster has gone through many changes since 2.0 and it doesnt suprise me to find yet another case of buggishness. But you also gotta remember that these forums get one of these posts nearly every week. They have since 2.0. I'm not stating they didnt change anything but that it does seem to be working as intentended.

Why do I say that?

Your getting bolstered up to a lvl 55. So in the 30-54 bracket, going up against say a lvl 51, you would not only have as much str/end as them, but you would also have more crit/surge/shield/defense/etc.

One of the original releases of bolster had that exact problem, where lvl 30's were doing 2-3x the dmg of LvL 50s in full Elite War hero gear, fully augmented. Now alot of that was contributed to by the expertise loss you received by having War hero gear, but it also was contributed by the fact that WarHero gear was receiving the lower DR curve while nakid and lower level gear was getting fully buffed with the original DR. The result was rivers of tears on the forums.

20-25% crit 60-70% sure is normal. You can get higher yes, but hitting 30%+ in crit, over the top for WZs.

which means all the stats should scale accordingly..they are not. being over a certain amount that means they should bolster the same as when they started

Bolster increases your stats then applied the 55 stat return nerf to them, this is to keep it fair for 51+ who are under the new 2.0 formulas

I remember before they did this, that my 54 tank was useless because his shield had been nerf to <30% while I had to fight all these lvl <50 dps who had 35% crit chance

This thread is the perfect example of the problem with bolster, its too complicated to understand and there is no transparency about how it works. To the OP this is probably working as intended and has to do with the change to the DR curves, but honestly who the hell knows.

I'm actually in favor of the concept of bolster but the execution is just so bad. The fact that bolster cannot be explained to someone in 1-2 sentences is a problem. Still waiting on that math heavy post by Bioware explaining to all of us how exactly bolster works...

then they did it yesterday if they did. precisely between 2PM and 7PM PST..

No they did it last patch, 2 weeks ago or so. You just didin't notice it until then.

And it was a fix. Now, is how it should be. At your level, you may have 100 crit rating, then bolster will up it to something like 300 so that it matches what a lvl 55 have. But a level 55 won't have 30% crit chances but somthing between 20% and 25%.

Edited by Altheran

nope just bumped them all up more...it's broken.

It's not broken.

Think about it. Bolster is supposed to level the playing field, right?

As a level 37, it is fairly easy to get crit to very high numbers. As a level 54, not so.

If you got bolstered to level 54 stats, but your crit would remain as it was before entering warzone, then you would have a big advantage over natural level 54's, as your crit would be far above what they could get, and your other stats would be bolstered to match theirs.

Therefore, bolster accounts for this, and sets your crit to what it would be at level 54 . Usually, this means it will be lowered(assuming it is very high at 37).

I really miss the days when you could put on a piece of gear and know exactly how it effected your stats. You could open up your character tab and know exactly how strong you are. You could look at gear options and know exactly what upgrade will provide you with the desired stat increase. Those were simpler times.

elegant stat distributions for a more civilized era...

I cant say whether its a bug or intended, but here is the long answer as I recall it since it was quite some time ago.

While doing testing for 2.0 Bioware decided that the DR needed adjusting for higher level gear. The reason behind this is that players were already getting 35%+ on crit and nearly 80% on surge, 60% on shield, etc

Now increasing stats flat out would be putting stats like 45%+ Crit, 90%+ surge, etc. So what they did atleast for PTS was make it to where when you hit 51, your stats received the NEW DR curve.

One of the complaints on PTS was that your stats went down going from 50 to 51.

So why keep the stats the same 1-50 and just adjust the 51-55 crowd?

Because content from 1-50 was already tuned to chars with those percentage stats. It would mean that they would have to retune all the lvl 50 ops/FPs hell even the leveling stuff like heroics and class quests.

So rather than doing that, they simply made the DR curve change at lvl 51 for the new content.

Ever wonder why the mobs on Makeb seem much more difficult then the ones on Ilum? The answer is that your stats (or your secondary stats like def/crit/surge/etc drop significantly.

Now Bolster has gone through many changes since 2.0 and it doesnt suprise me to find yet another case of buggishness. But you also gotta remember that these forums get one of these posts nearly every week. They have since 2.0. I'm not stating they didnt change anything but that it does seem to be working as intentended.

Why do I say that?

Your getting bolstered up to a lvl 55. So in the 30-54 bracket, going up against say a lvl 51, you would not only have as much str/end as them, but you would also have more crit/surge/shield/defense/etc.

One of the original releases of bolster had that exact problem, where lvl 30's were doing 2-3x the dmg of LvL 50s in full Elite War hero gear, fully augmented. Now alot of that was contributed to by the expertise loss you received by having War hero gear, but it also was contributed by the fact that WarHero gear was receiving the lower DR curve while nakid and lower level gear was getting fully buffed with the original DR. The result was rivers of tears on the forums.

20-25% crit 60-70% sure is normal. You can get higher yes, but hitting 30%+ in crit, over the top for WZs.

Thank you for the explanation on that Warshades. It answers both why I was having the same issue with my crit on my Assassin and why my shield, absorb, and defense chances took a dump on my Guardian :p. I figured it was something like that but hadn't thought about it much, it makes sense though. While not a perfect method I'd say it was the best choice even though it has some negative impact on players. Gives us something to work towards.

Edited by Razamatazz

Game Update 2.2: Operation Nightmare

PvP

Warzones

General

Crit rating, accuracy rating, absorb rating, defense rating, and surge rating now respect diminishing returns for low level Bolstered characters.

This is working as intended. When bolstered to 55 in PVP you have your stats adjusted/scaled to the Diminishing Returns of an actual level 55.

You can perceive this yourself as you level. For example, if you are level 29 with 35% crit chance, with the same gear once you level to 38 you will have 30% or less crit chance, and under 20% at level 54, even though your stat values are the same. It was like this pre 2.0 as well.