disappearing credits

sharpshootor

Hey just had a quick question I keep loseing a small portion of my credits.

For example on Sunday I bought 5500cp and used them to buy some pack I opened a couple and I got some creds in them putting my total to 180k creds so I go off to lvl and when I look back at the total about 30mins later its 130k I hadn't bought anything and didn't do any crafting it was just gone so I logged off for the night at 130k and when I logged in the next day it was 90k there been at least six more times I have noticed that happening before this.

What I want to know is this normal like it going to a fund for when I'm lvl 55 or do I have a problem

No I haven't spent it on anything apart from travel and repairs I just find it strange that in a short amount of time when I'm running around a planet I seem to lose about 30k+ I know planet travel and taxis and repairs have a cost but when I'm not using any cause I'm running around lvling and using quick travel seems strange to me.

And I would understand that if it was 1 or 2k missing that I might have spent it on something I forgot but not 30k.

Also would it be possible for someone to be taking my creds even though it happens 90% of the time when I'm logged on and I also use a security key but it does seem like a problem

Repair costs, traveling costs, buying abilities. People don't often realise they cost/how much they cost.

This is true. By mid way through leveling, the average skill level up costs about 8-10k, planet travel via your ship got boosted and it can be between 1-2k for some planets. And repairs, depending on the gear level and how often you are dying, can be through the roof!!

No I haven't spent it on anything apart from travel and repairs I just find it strange that in a short amount of time when I'm running around a planet I seem to lose about 30k+ I know planet travel and taxis and repairs have a cost but when I'm not using any cause I'm running around lvling and using quick travel seems strange to me.

And I would understand that if it was 1 or 2k missing that I might have spent it on something I forgot but not 30k.

Also would it be possible for someone to be taking my creds even though it happens 90% of the time when I'm logged on and I also use a security key but it does seem like a problem

What level range are you? What's a short time running around? And in that short time, how often are you dying and leveling up? Its very possible that leveling and unlocked 2-4 skills, then getting them could be the missing credits right there. Specially since the double XP weekend, people are leveling fast and if you are gaining a level or 2 every hour and buying skills, there is your missing credits.

Been here since beta, numerous toons, active community member in game and on the forums, I have never heard of anyone else reporting "missing" credits. Not saying its not happening to you, just think there might be something your over looking that could explain it.

You get to a certain point in the game when buying new abilities, something that was previously reasonably-priced, will suddenly bankrupt you if you aren't careful (especially when you are ploughing through levels on a double XP weekend).

But it's hard to imagine this is what is occurring here. You have to actively seek out a trainer for this to happen, the prices are clearly marked and very hard to miss.

Edited by PLynkes

You get to a certain point in the game when buying new abilities, something that was previously reasonably-priced, will suddenly bankrupt you if you aren't careful (especially when you are ploughing through levels on a double XP weekend).

But it's hard to imagine this is what is occurring here. You have to actively seek out a trainer for this to happen, the prices are clearly marked and very hard to miss.

I hit this myself at speeder piloting 3, just started buying skills at levelup didn't notice the $150k pricetag untill after i bought it :)

Just leveling up one skill via the trainer Hutt laughing thingie cost me $37,500 yesterday at level 41. You make more at the higher levels, but "life" costs a lot more, too. The problem here is that you just have an "impression" that you haven't spent anything. You haven't really kept careful track. If you keep track of every expenditure (say, with a spreadsheet) and it STILL happens, you may have something. But right now you can't really prove your case.

Ok thanks for all the post I think it might be the skill trainner that my creds are going to that's kinda fits I'm level 41 atm but I was like lvl 35 before double xp weekend so ill just have to keep a better eye on it and make sure

• 2 months later...
I also seem to have disappearing credits, and it's on all all characters. Usually it's a small amount, but my 55 smuggler lost 1.5 million in the space of fifteen minutes. No idea where it went, as all I did was stand there and chat with someone. Tonight I ran around on Quesh to get 10000 and lost 25000 somewhere. It's very frustrating.

I also seem to have disappearing credits, and it's on all all characters. Usually it's a small amount, but my 55 smuggler lost 1.5 million in the space of fifteen minutes. No idea where it went, as all I did was stand there and chat with someone. Tonight I ran around on Quesh to get 10000 and lost 25000 somewhere. It's very frustrating.

for both the poster in the quote and the OP I would strongly suggest writing down the exact amount of credits you have the moment you log in. then every now and then double check the amount again.

if you buy something or send a comp on a gathering mission or lvl up, write down the new amount (even better, write down the amounts spent and what you spent it on).

this is really the only way to be sure that you are the one doing the spending and it's not a bug or some mysterious credit thief hacking your account.

(if I 'lost' 1.5 million credits in 15 minutes I'd really want to know wth happened)

hope this helps - :)