The Shadowlands: Ops Progression Thread

NoxIrradiata

The same can be said about clearing it in 8man. We were able to clear it weeks before our 16man could. With 2 8man groups. With undergeared alts.

So what I hear you saying is that you could not find 16 players at one time who could perform together to execute a simple fight and instead relegated yourself to using the more skilled players in an 8M version. And you're also ignoring the fact that group composition for two 8M is drastically different than one 16M.

Regards,

KK

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know KK, you're so *********** right.

I'll just stop trying to argue you.... you know the answers.... contrary to what many of the community seems to believe. I'm done arguing a wall.

1 Night later is NOT significantly longer....

Edited by LanceHarms

So what I hear you saying is that you could not find 16 players at one time who could perform together to execute a simple fight and instead relegated yourself to using the more skilled players in an 8M version. And you're also ignoring the fact that group composition for two 8M is drastically different than one 16M.

Regards,

KK

I'm not saying that at all. In fact, we used our 16man team, split it into two 8man teams, with two of our dps going on tank alts. Crazy concept, I know.

which is probably why it took you significantly longer to complete the encounter than us.

Refer to Blaine's comment on this. And if you mean 8 vs 16, they are different. Besides, just like you did with 16man, we one shot terror as an 8man when we decided to try it, and to be honest, we were embarrassed to admit to killing it on 8man. Thats how easy it was.

Regards,

Blastahr

I'm not saying that at all. In fact, we used our 16man team, split it into two 8man teams, with two of our dps going on tank alts. Crazy concept, I know.

Maybe you should watch our video of our 16M HM TFB kill. Various points throughout the kill, we lost people to DC's and still managed to kill him with ease. So you were doing something wrong in your 16M.

Refer to Blaine's comment on this. And if you mean 8 vs 16, they are different. Besides, just like you did with 16man, we one shot terror as an 8man when we decided to try it, and to be honest, we were embarrassed to admit to killing it on 8man. Thats how easy it was.

Yes, they are different. 16M is easier than 8M due to the mechanics and as such the strategies are different. What is not easier, is finding 16 people who are all competent and can work together as a team to complete the fight.

And to be honest, we were embarrassed for you when we realized how easy the entire instance of TFB HM was on 16M, especially with how long and all the hours of attempts it took you to beat it.

We can just agree to disagree, when in all reality, the size of the raid is not the difficulty, the difficulty is "Normal, Hard, Nightmare" and executing the mechanics properly.

Regards,

KK

Edited by Krazy_Karl

So the entirety of this argument can be summed up to realizing that good players are good when thrown into any situation? GASP, a guild who progressed through the raid on 8man had no trouble doing 16man and a guild who progressed through 16man had no trouble doing 8man. Do you guys not get it? If you have one size of the same instance and difficulty on farm, its on farm.

You're both trying to brag about how easy the other size is well maybe it's not that its easy its that you've already figured out the entire instance you friggin dinguses.

We spent as much time and effort figuring out 8man as you guys did 16man, well maybe not AS much and we then took all that same experience and applied to doing 16man in one night. There is virtually no change in the mechanics from one size to the other, just variations to adjust to having more people. A guild that's used to 8man where every single person in the raid matters and you have no room for error is going to THINK 16man is easier because most people are expendable. So of course if you flip that around a guild who is used to all the raid damage and such from 16man who then steps into 8man is going to THINK it's easier. It's not actually easier you just THINK it is.

I'm actually kind of embarrassed for both sides of this discussion and that I even attempted to be a part of it. We really should shut up about this now or take it to somewhere else, this thread's been derailed long enough and I'm sure all of these posts are going to wind up deleted.

Edited by bigheadbrandon

So the entirety of this argument can be summed up to realizing that good players are good when thrown into any situation? GASP, a guild who progressed through the raid on 8man had no trouble doing 16man and a guild who progressed through 16man had no trouble doing 8man. Do you guys not get it? If you have one size of the same instance and difficulty on farm, its on farm.

You're both trying to brag about how easy the other size is well maybe it's not that its easy its that you've already figured out the entire instance you friggin dinguses.

We spent as much time and effort figuring out 8man as you guys did 16man, well maybe not AS much and we then took all that same experience and applied to doing 16man in one night. There is virtually no change in the mechanics from one size to the other, just variations to adjust to having more people. A guild that's used to 8man where every single person in the raid matters and you have no room for error is going to THINK 16man is easier because most people are expendable. So of course if you flip that around a guild who is used to all the raid damage and such from 16man who then steps into 8man is going to THINK it's easier. It's not actually easier you just THINK it is.

I'm actually kind of embarrassed for both sides of this discussion and that I even attempted to be a part of it. We really should shut up about this now or take it to somewhere else, this thread's been derailed long enough and I'm sure all of these posts are going to wind up deleted.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=557359

I still don't know what I am talking about....

Enjoy your own opinion, which clearly.... STILL isn't shared. Feel free to continue arguing.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=557359

I still don't know what I am talking about....

Enjoy your own opinion, which clearly.... STILL isn't shared. Feel free to continue arguing.

All you have done is pointed us to a thread about 16man guilds whining about the difficulties of "their" content and saying that they should get more loots because they have more people doing it. Also, having 8 more people flinging sabres around doesn't make it more prestigious, just bigger. Well guess what, you get double the loot as in 8man. Stop complaining and clear your content while we clear ours. Also this was a discussion about TFB and previous Ops. TFB 16man was significantly easier for TGO. Simple statement.

All you have done is pointed us to a thread about 16man guilds whining about the difficulties of "their" content and saying that they should get more loots because they have more people doing it. Also, having 8 more people flinging sabres around doesn't make it more prestigious, just bigger. Well guess what, you get double the loot as in 8man. Stop complaining and clear your content while we clear ours. Also this was a discussion about TFB and previous Ops. TFB 16man was significantly easier for TGO. Simple statement.

Here's a simple statement.... "Bring that argument to the other 16 man guilds still raiding and let's see their opinions / thoughts as well." Sorry, but you're not right in this scenario, and the top end guilds (1 that even has a sponsorship) is sharing the exact same thoughts as we are. Continue down your path of self-righteousness.... Fact of the matter is:

8 Man raiding is not near the competitive progression as 16 man is.

You can fling your **** at me all day, the stance I've seem to take with other 16 man guild wont change.

http://h.dropcanvas.com/cv3wb/Screenshot_2012-11-18_19_13_16_483708.jpg

Jeddit has Dreadtooth with 1 stack

And 2 stacks:

http://h.dropcanvas.com/cv3wb/Screenshot_2012-11-18_20_02_17_667501.jpg?r

I took the screencap at 1% to show the stack count.

Also Terror From Beyond HM 8m

http://i.imgur.com/v2s4hh.jpg

The screenshot was during the transition out, so it's dark, but you can see the 3.1 million health pool denoting HM 8m.

Edited by Damrak

Here's a simple statement.... "Bring that argument to the other 16 man guilds still raiding and let's see their opinions / thoughts as well." Sorry, but you're not right in this scenario, and the top end guilds (1 that even has a sponsorship) is sharing the exact same thoughts as we are. Continue down your path of self-righteousness.... Fact of the matter is:

8 Man raiding is not near the competitive progression as 16 man is.

You can fling your **** at me all day, the stance I've seem to take with other 16 man guild wont change.

hey there, its ok.

its just a game:D

<Forge> Imperial downed TFB 8 Man Hard Mode Sunday 11/18/12 .

For some reason the initial screen shot didnt take/store, so the only one I have is of me standing where TFB would be with the codex entry. I went back in after the raid to take it after realizing the initial one wasnt on my swotor folder.

I also have an ask mr robot report I can get the link to if needed.

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/844/screenshot2012111823572.jpg

Forge Members present for kill were

Dramath

Zmann

Detrin

Brenan

Berothius

Mikhail

Fivealpha

Enaek

Going to recreate the thread since this one is getting ginormous, and people apparently can't resist getting in fights over and over again, covering multiple pages and making it difficult to sort through and find the actual updates.

When the new thread is up, please please please PLEASE, for the love of Jawas, stick to posting updates for your guild and keep all the other stuff out of the thread. Thanks.

The link to the new thead is here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5438790#post5438790

Working on digging through weekend updates now...

Edited by NoxIrradiata