Cartel Market Update: January 10th, 2013

CourtneyWoods

While I agree with your suggestions, why have you pulled the prices out of your A**? And I hope the 20k for a char transfer is a typo. If not you must be insane! 160 $ per character?

Why did I pull them out of thin air? If I'm going to go so far as to suggest these items, why not suggest what I would expect to pay for them as well? Yes, that was a typo.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did I pull them out of thin air? If I'm going to go so far as to suggest these items, why not suggest what I would expect to pay for them as well? Yes, that was a typo.

While Bioware might listen to our suggestions, make no mistake. They will never, ever use random prices suggested like you did. You can complain that items are overpriced (MOST OF YOUR PRICES ARE CRAZY HIGH BIOWARE!!!) or you can tell them some prices are fair. But giving them prices to use?!? Who do you think you are?

And thank god that was a typo. You're slightly less crazy now.

Being someone who has a cast of dark jedi and is pro faction DS/LS restricted items, I find that the complete lack of anything "dark" to equip on a Dark Jedi forced my interest in cartel gear.

Being able to have Red crystals equipped because of my D5 rank used to at least feel like something, but even that darkside exclusive is gone now, leaving a completely empty space.

The cartel packs have horrible odds for good gear as trial and error shows, and being a founder who has wanted dark themed jedi armor selection since launch, I find the price tag excessive for sure, as I'm trying to fill the lack of options with my wallet's contents now somehow.

At this point, maybe if they implemented a 25% discount on cartel items for subscribers id spend to spend, maybe.

I am left hoarding my cartel coins as waiting for a sale on something fitting to wear that may or may not come out someday is actually feeling like the sensible option because of the high prices+lack of selection

While Bioware might listen to our suggestions, make no mistake. They will never, ever use random prices suggested like you did. You can complain that items are overpriced (MOST OF YOUR PRICES ARE CRAZY HIGH BIOWARE!!!) or you can tell them some prices are fair. But giving them prices to use?!? Who do you think you are?

And thank god that was a typo. You're slightly less crazy now.

As I said previously, I offered an estimate of what I would expect to pay for said items. Who do I think I am? I think I'm a customer and fan of the game who is offering feedback on their Cartel Market system. I seem to recall that being the purpose of this thread.

Is a black set of Jedi robes too much to ask for? Luke wears black in Return of the Jedi. Anakin wears black in the prequels. There are black robes in the original KOTOR games. What's the problem?

What would be even better is a customization feature, where we can color our own armor/speeders/spaceship and change hairstyles/skins and so on.

PEOPLE CARDS are being refused left right and centre some NU and many numbers code, credit cards bank cards the lot.

Come on bio its lots of people, whats going on your end.

No point bringing out items, you are losing LOTS OF MONEY here, CHOP CHOP been going on for ages.

Prices are far too expensive.

Whilst the chest piece prices are ok, you seem to be charging the same for every piece in a set which ends up being far too expensive.

The sets should be selling for something closer to 700CC not 1400CC.

Edited by Goretzu

PEOPLE CARDS are being refused left right and centre some NU and many numbers code, credit cards bank cards the lot.

Come on bio its lots of people, whats going on your end.

No point bringing out items, you are losing LOTS OF MONEY here, CHOP CHOP been going on for ages.

Glad I'm not the only one. I havent even gotten a reply from my tickets yet. Not that im holding my breath on that.

Please look at your F2P competitors and what they are doing with their markets/stores. Then figure out how you can become a front-runner there as far as value of purchase. THAT will increase player enticement to purchase. The key is CONTINUED PURCHASING, not 1 and done. You want your customers to keep coming back to buy the next new thing, not have a bad experience (ala the Speeder and Piloting 1 debacle) and say "no more of that noise" and never come back to the store.

On the speeder & piloting1 problem, really what would have been the big issue by allowing account wide unlocks? You might have sold a LOT more!!!

Personally, I would very rarely buy anything from the cash shop that did not affect my entire account. Here is a list of things that I have bought from the cash shops (or their equivalent) in other games:

DDO: I bought just enough of their special currency to unlock 1 race prior to creating my first (and only) character in that game. The game itself did not come up to my expectations, so I only played it for a few days.

Champions Online: I purchased the following items...

1) Many extra character slots

2) Account wide customization options (in that game, your gear does not change how your character looks)

3) 1 of their equivalent of a mount (also account wide)

EverQuest 2: I currently have a paid subscription for this game, which I maintain for the player housing. In this game, I have purchased the following items...

1) Many extra character slots

2) A few premium houses (each house, while "owned" by a single character, can be accessed and used by any of my alts)

3) Some house capacity boosters (each of these increase the number of items I can store in 1 house by 200.. but only one can be used on a single house)

4) 1 house "pet"

5) 1 Name change for an alt

6) Game Time (this item was later removed from their cash shop)

7) An Expansion Pack (this item was later removed from their cash shop)

WoW: While this game does not have a "cash shop" in the same way that F2P games do (all purchases cost real money and services are sold through the account page rather than the Blizzard Store), I have made "extra" purchases of things that are sold in cash shops in other games (such as EverQuest 2). Things I have bought for this game...

1) Game Time

2) Character server transfers

3) Character name changes

4) Character race changes

5) Some (account wide) vanity pets

6) 1 (account wide) mount (I felt that this item was over priced, however, and have since suffered buyer's remorse... and have since found it easy to resist buying any more mounts for that game)

Notice a theme there? With the exception of character name/race/server changes, almost all are things that affect my entire account.

I am very VERY dissappointed and frustrated with changes recently to items on the cartel market that have already been in the game for a month or more. Specifcally the Phantom and Spymaster chest. A very enjoyable part of the game is finding different looks or costumes for my characters. So i spent a lot of time picking specific outfits for my characters. So I spend a good amount of time looking through gear and picking the peices to form a look. Then if I don't have the money I will save up so I can buy the item off the GTN. So I spent time saving up money and specifically bought the Phantom chest for the way it looked. Then you guys decide to randomly change it. You say to match the artwork better but the in game look for both the Phantom chest and the Spymaster chests both don't match their icons at ALL. This is very frutsrating to me. I had a look on my Jedi that I was pleased with and now instead of looking sleek she looks like a football player. I understand that you guys may want to have the other look in the game, but couldn't you maybe add a Phantom E chest or somethin so that the items we specifically bought didn't completely change. I sure as hell would not have bought the Phantom chest with the current look.

Again this is something that has been in the game and I know a number of people specifically bought it for the look and are not happy in the least about the change to the look.

It is unbelievably insulting to bark about your new cartel items when so damn many of us can't even buy them. I got the dreaded NU2001 error, and like a nimrod I took the advice on your website of deleting and re-entering my number and now for some reason that card is no longer accepted. What kind of mean spirited and lazy people are you? This has been going on for over a month for most people and the Dev Tracker says nothing about it. I seriously question your ability to even run an online game. You guys are just terrible.

I totally wasted my cartel Coins on the NEW Skip Tracer Packs. I bought 2 of these packs, which include rare crafting materials. Well, in both packs, I received grade 6 materials, of which I can acquire from doing ordinary crew skill missions. That just cinched it for me, I will NEVER buy another of your silly packs. It was a total waste of cartel coins. I am very pissed about this.

I saw others excited about their items they got, but I felt like Charlie Brown. I got a rock. Instead, I now have to keep GRINDING fleet commendations to get the gade 7 & 8 mats. I am not afraid to say, is getting incredibly boring. Boredom is the worst thing, in my case, to try to keep me interested in any game.:mad:

Just to throw some fuel on the fire; Most packs say they include 1 ultra rare 2 rares, 2 uncommons. Or the catch that some may not see is that they say "May include" etc etc... However that doesn't mean that they will include those items. What I am most unpleased about myself is getting 2 banners, 2 gifts, and 1 vanity or 1 other miscellanious item. And the point that I could go through 20+ packs and not get a single Ultra Rare drop? or even a purple of any type. That's just unheard of. I was very pissed off when I go spend $200.00 and not get jack crap.

The % on the drop rates in the packs have got to be balanced out more. I don't want to see myself open up 20 packs and get 2 mounts that are very common, or some stupid Dancing outfits that no one will wear or buy. Or some invisible gear that makes me look like I'm wearing just my underclothes. No way am I happy about recieving these items and not have a chance at some real drops like the hover chairs, or masks that would be nice.. Color Crystals that have eluded me still. And even though the Crafting Items are nice, It would be even better if I got a Rare Schematic out of a few packs to go along with those items.

No way in any shape or form that the Cartel Market should be turned into a Pay to Win Feature. I will Boycott EA and BioWare if that would ever happen. However, I will keep my patronage if EA / Bioware balances out the Vanity items and fix the % drop rate of their Ultra Rares and Rares. Any Item that is in the Cartel Market that is Stat based on it, should be at level of the person collecting. The items for lvl 31 was spot on. However Anything more such as end-game items should be left out.

Schematics, if considered, should be for all Crew Skills; and then should only affect either Cosmetic or possible Vanity or Ship. Such as a certain look for your ship, or some vanity pets crafted or found, or maybe some new gear looks.

Suggested Schematics would include Armor, Weapons, for Force and Non-Force users. Ship Cosmetics should be Cybertech crafted ((and be able to Reversed Engineered) something that needs to be fixed on the current Ship Parts),

Vanity Pets, Can be done different ways. Crafted or Found.

BioChem (have some kind of weird science theme going along with it)

Cybertech (little droids that can follow you around)

Gathering Crew Skills

Scavenging can find a Mineral or Rock Type Pet

Archeology can find ancient Life Forms of elemental and non-mechanical types

Treasure Hunting can find Ancient Golems or Undead Life Forms of the past

Slicing can find a possible Intelligient Life Form or Mechanical types

Rather you have a chance to Find these items in the field is up to the Devs, However I would suggest it be a Mission Drop Item from a Catel Pack with a 100% success rate from when the companion returns from the mission. Just a side note though, Vanity Pets should not be allowed in PVP zones or Operations. Please take the ability to summon those out of those areas.

I think I've pretty much covered everything.. If I think of more then I will respond again.

step 1. collect peoples money for cartel packs

step 2. ..........

step 3. Profit!

these have been giving mixed garbage since they started the cartel market. I agree that they shouldn't be giving ultra rares in every box purchased, but a little something better than the crap they spew now would be nice. I honestly can't believe how many people are still throwing so much $$ at these. We can piss & moan all we want, but as long as people are still buying the boxes hand over fist there prob won't be much done about it. :(