How common are actual resource nodes?

kreliavan

with everyone trying to pile in (thank god bioware didnt let everyone in at once) how common will actual resource nodes be once I get in the game? It would seem like they would be fairly rare because everyone is going after them, but I dont know how sharding will effect this. Can anyone in-game give me an idea?

From what I saw in beta, the most common way to get materials will be to send your companion out on gathering missions while you do storyline missions or Heroic missions with a full group. As far as I can tell, those Companion missions did not deplete the visible resource nodes in the game instance, so if you want to gather as well you should be able to pick up a fair amount.

Note that the resource nodes are not super-plentiful... you will not see 4 of them on the same screen or anything like that, but running around the map you will probably see a reasonable amount.

Of the common stuff? Boat loads. Keep in mind scavenging / bio-analysis lets you "skin" dead robots / beasts, and there's always plenty of those.

Its the rare quality mats from mission skills that you will really need to craft in quantity.

Of the common stuff? Boat loads. Keep in mind scavenging / bio-analysis lets you "skin" dead robots / beasts, and there's always plenty of those.

Its the rare quality mats from mission skills that you will really need to craft in quantity.

^^ This

It isn't so much the resource nodes in an area, so much as being able to scavenge off of defeated enemies. You essentially 'double-dip'.

If you defeat a droid, it could drop some loot. After you pick it up, if you have the scavenging skill you can scavenge the droid for its metal. Defeated enemies are FAR more common that a node sitting off in a corner.

Pew, then pillage. It's the new Galactic dream.