GameStop: Anyone else get screwed?

Kaas

I pre-ordered on July 21 @10 AM.. I was so happy about being able to get a CE...

However, Shortly thereafter I wondered where my "pre-Oder" key code was.. So I called GameStop and had a lovely conversation with someone who barely spoke English, and preceded to tell me that the pre-order key codes were "out of stock" So I asked when they would be back "in stock". I was told to wait patiently and they would be sent out when "EA" had given them to Game Stop for distribution. So no worries there, I had my CE pre-order, I was all set.. August passes, September passes. (again not thinking anything is wrong, really had not heard anything about launch at that point.)

Near the end of October I call Game Stop back and now want to know what’s going on, where is my Pre-Order Code.. I am now told that there are none, that EA stopped giving them out in September.. After moving up the chain of command (more like swimming in quicksand) I was able to speak with a representative who wanted to tell me the same thing that I was S.O.L. After 2 hours on the phone being put on hold and being shuffled around between many different people I was giving a pre-order Code..

Sorry for the wall of text.. But I am curious of why I had this experience and if anyone else had the same or near the same.. I also had a friend who went through he same thing, however his patience was much like that of a hornets’ nest and needless to say I do not think the representative at game stop will ever be the same. He abruptly canceled his order and went with Origins Digital Deluxe instead..

I do not blame BW in anyway, I do not trust EA, but thats for another issue.. I do however really dislike Gamestop...

Anyone else?

Happened that way in Canada. I preordered the games on the 22nd, after calling the 21st, and finding no one that knew what the heck SWTOR was.

Was told they didn't have any codes at all, ever shipped for EA. Then was told they only sent 200 codes, for all the preorders from GameStop Canada. They didn't get any codes until August 4th, and even then, I had to get them from Twitter GameStop, as the GameStop here, still hadn't receieved anything.

It sucks cuz where I live, it's the only game store, if I want to buy the physical copy. I have no problem waiting to get into the game, I just wish GameStop didn't suck so bad.

Curious, if you are a multinational company don’t you think it would be prudent to think about this for a second, you have an enormous game coming out and you are given a limited amount to sell.. Wouldn’t you limit the amount available? Instead of screwing with your client base?

I for one will never buy another thing from them..

Here's the deal (I know since I also pre-ordered mine from Gamestop on Oct 3rd):

When you pre-ordered, they give you a code to enter into the site. If you've gotten into the beta at some point, then you've used and registered your code for preordering. If you're worried about early access as you don't have the product registration code, then don't fret as you don't get that until you get your physical game copy (like DLC stuff when you pre-order any of Bioware's games) from Gamestop on the 20th. This doesn't affect early access, as you don't need that for the early play period.

So, if you've gotten into a beta invite before this time, don't worry and just wait for your invite as you'll have everything you need at launch, which is officially the 20th (when you pick up your physical game copy).

If you're worried about CE stuff from their preorder code debacle then again, don't fret as all the stuff you'll need to get your digital goodies are in the box.

Edited by akatokuro

I am not worried about getting the box set or anyhting, I am however a bit peeved that if I had not called them and taken steps to get my pre-order key they would have just said bugger off and that is what makes me bristle

I do not blame BW in anyway, I do not trust EA, but thats for another issue.. I do however really dislike Gamestop...

Anyone else?

Just so you know, EA owns Bioware.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BioWare

I will say EA customer service right now is really fast. I have h8'd EA since they shut down Earth and Beyond back in the day. But EA is actually impressive right now. However BW customer service is a bit of a joke right now. I still have the 6 ticket numbers from the 1 issue I had during the past month.