What do you think of the difficulty of the flashpoints?

Personally, I think they're way too easy. I've done up to Athiss and there's been almost no challenge. I've been under leveled or leveled appropriately each time for the desired flashpoint.

The most disappointing thing for me, is that the trash is so un-engaging. 90% of pulls require no coordination, focus or CC. I know trash is trash, but I was expecting it to require some coordination beside "Tank - AoE aggro everything, Healer - heal the tank, DPS - do what you want".

Is it just me or do you guy guys find it too easy as well?

I mean, I've only experienced the first three flashpoints, so if you've played past them, share your opinions on the later flashpoints, too.

Personally, I think they're way too easy. I've done up to Athiss and there's been almost no challenge. I've been under leveled or leveled appropriately each time for the desired flashpoint.

The most disappointing thing for me, is that the trash is so un-engaging. 90% of pulls require no coordination, focus or CC. I know trash is trash, but I was expecting it to require some coordination beside "Tank - AoE aggro everything, Healer - heal the tank, DPS - do what you want".

Is it just me or do you guy guys find it too easy as well?

I mean, I've only experienced the first three flashpoints, so if you've played past them, share your opinions on the later flashpoints, too.

...because you needed CC and pull coordination in the Wailing Caverns...riiiiight

Well, I haven't played WoW in 5 years, but I think you needed some CC? IDK, it's been too long, who cares.

I know from Aion and Rift, even in the first dungeons, if you didn't at least CC one elite on a lot of the pulls, you were putting a lot of pressure on the healer and risked wiping.

*EDIT: You also had to focus targets.

Edited by Santaner

Did only the first flashpoint and found it extremely easy. On the one hand, it IS for a 2 man group, on the other, there is no such thing as "pull" or CC. You simply slaughter everything and everyone without any plan whatsoever.

The only thing I have to compare is Aion though. And I do remember the first instance there (around lvl 25 as I recall). It required a full group of errrrr 6 people, careful pulling, CCing...and during the first runs - lots of deaths ^_^.

Are there any instances here, (I mean higher lvls) that DO require some thinking?

I do get your point of being somehow easy at the first stages but it should be, as difficulty increases exponentially as you level up. However it is not always true that mobs require no CC or that you can rush into them, in fact yesterday I was with my BH (lv20) in Hammer Station with a group of 16s-17s and some groups of mobs killed us (several times) while trying to rush the place

What do you want? we are talking about FP level 12-25 ? so you want impossible challenges that low? enjoy the game...

I don't want impossible challenges, but I do want challenges. Flashpoints were supposed to be the challenging part since the rest of the game is very, very easy. At one point in beta Esselles was challenging, and kudos way outnumbered the complaints. I can understand making the first flashpoint easier, but after that they should be significantly harder than Heroic missions or there is no point in calling them something different.

Scorus

Keep in mind that the first 3 or 4 Flashpoints are the equivalent of like Ragefire Chasm through Shadowfang Keep in WoW. That is to say, in those games, you didn't even need a tank for those instances.

As you get higher and higher they get tougher. Tanks and healers don't have all the tools they need to have instances be insanely tough at level 20 or whatever. On top of that, levelling instances are not meant to be progression difficulty anyway. They're meant to let people get some loot and story.

If you get a good group, they're easy. As a healer with only 2 healing spells atm (jedi consular sage - level 17), I have 500 force and my heals cost 50-55 (that's 10% of my pool) and don't heal very efficiently (all my points are specced into improving my healing abilities).

If it costs me 10% of my force to heal a piddly amount of tank damage, and I have careless dpsers who care more about doing dps than avoiding damage, it makes my life tough. Especially when healers almost always get blamed for every wipe. Also, elites and bosses HATE healers. If I throw 1 heal early on in a fight (usually to a dpser who isn't avoiding avoidable damage) I will aggro everything in the room and will quickly run out of force trying to keep myself up, resulting in everybody else dying, or get one shotted by a boss because I wear light armor.

So do your healer a favor and don't be a spaz. Keep us from getting frustrated and re-rolling a dps class so you can, you know, actually find pug healers.

i found BT hard the first time in, only because i had a couple of firestanders in my group. it was more challenging trying to explain the finer points of not standing in the fire then the actual instance but in the end we got loot and they learned not to stand in the fire

Yes, they are mostly easy. As a healer (sorcerer), I can say it is a challenge to maintain my force on some bosses (for example, the boarding party in Mandalorian Raiders). I am OK with them being moderately easy, though. At this point, I don't want to be wiping over and over in a flashpoint while I am trying to level up.

I say all of this with the caveat that I presume the higher level flashpoints will be more difficult, and rightfully so.

Just my 2 credits. :)

They are all extremely easy. Even did them with low level party members up to 50 trying to create some form of challenge. Nothing is even remotely difficult yet and I don’t expect it to change seeing as this game seems to be on the easier side.

Welcome to today’s MMO world where the casual gamer wins in these types of things so that they don’t fall behind and feel ‘included’ in being able to complete all of the content on the 1st or 2nd try.

imho...

@ low end of level appropriate range with 2 players (no companions) = torture.

@ low end of level appropriate range with 2 players + companions = ouch.

@ middle of level appropriate range with 2 players + companions = challenging with a higher risk of defeat.

@ high end of level appropriate range with 2 players + companions = challenging with a lower risk of defeat.

@ 1 to 3 levels above the flashpoint's level range with 2 players + companions = easy but not OP

@ 4+ levels above the flashpoint's level range with 2 players + companions = farm

Difficulty bonuses that stack:

- If there is a healer + good cc/tanking then bump it down to the next easiest level.

- If the party has 4 good player characters then bump it down to the next easiest level.

Edited by GalacticKegger

Good Luck with Mandalorian Raiders FP ;)

This. Mandalorian Raiders is where Sith gets real, so to speak. :p

You'll get destroyed on the dog pulls if you don't CC something, your healer needs to be on their game and your tank and DPS both need to work to ensure aggro is managed. The 2nd boss needs everyone at their best.

They are all extremely easy. Even did them with low level party members up to 50 trying to create some form of challenge. Nothing is even remotely difficult yet and I don’t expect it to change seeing as this game seems to be on the easier side.

Welcome to today’s MMO world where the casual gamer wins in these types of things so that they don’t fall behind and feel ‘included’ in being able to complete all of the content on the 1st or 2nd try.

A group of us were steamrolling flashpoints, in many cases being 3 levels lower than the level of the Flashpoint and it was pretty effortless even without me speccing heals or the tank speccing as a tank.

For some reason though we hit HK-47 today in Foundry and just hit a brick wall. We were up to level, specced right, and he just tore right through us over and over again with unhealable damage.