Advice on 50 gear

AussieAlan

I wasn't sure where to put this, as I am not really new to the game.

So I just finished Hoth and Voss bonus series landed on Corellia, and hit level 50.

I currently have 49 comms and wondering which to give priority to.

1. Wait get 1 more comm and get 5x Makeb purple armouring mods.

2. Get 9x Makeb Purple mods, and 3x Makeb purple enhancements.

3. Get 7x Makeb purple enhancements and 5x Makeb purple mods.

I am a lightning spec sorcerer, with level 49 green armouring in my orange outfit, and level 49 blue mods and enhancements (from comms vendor).

Wouldn't mind bashing out BH while I am here to get some extra credits and xp.

My Op is only 47, so can't really offer any good advice on the subject other than for others to make sure they are close to capped prior to hitting 50 and visiting the vendor on Makeb.

I will say however, that I normally find 1-3 comms during the BH daily. Not sure if this is luck or a reward from the bounty.

So I just finished Hoth and Voss bonus series landed on Corellia, and hit level 50.

I am a lightning spec sorcerer, with level 49 green armouring in my orange outfit, and level 49 blue mods and enhancements (from comms vendor).

Priority for using comms is always get barrells or hilts first since upgrades on these increase you base damage on all attacks. Then Armourings which increase armour rating to improve damage reduction against energy and kenetic attacks and also give you extra stats. Finally mods and enchancments as these just give extra stats. So Option 1 for you. You dont have to upgarde now though if you only have 49 of them. You have two options at lvl 50 really continue with doing more missions at Corellia to get Planentray comms save up to 100 Limit and then get Rakata equal lvl 50 gear from Makeb comm vendor to start Makeb off. Alternatly do daily missions at Balsavis and Section x to pick up classic comms to get classic gear, you can also try story lvl50 flashpoints at 50 or sub 5o lvl hard modes flashpoints if you like. Dont forget if you have a wedge of PVP comms just itching to be used these can be traded for Planatary comms or indeed you can use some PVP gear in PVE to fill in gaps while you level between 50 and 55.

Once you hit Makeb you start to earn end game Basic comms, basic gear can be start to worn at lvl 53 towards end of Makeb quest process. To get to lvl 55 then you do more dalies GSI, CZ198 or some hard mode lvl50 flashpoints or story mods ops to earn more basic comms, and so on through the end game process. Not expert as not quite got there yet myself mind you.

Edited by NOTACTICS

What I did when I hit 50 was to go back to Dromund Kaas and Balmorra and do all the heroics and area missions to farm planetary comms. They go really fast at level 50. Then you can upgrade everything. Can also do that for your companion to. Makeb was pretty easy with both me and my companion in full Makeb level mods.

What I did when I hit 50 was to go back to Dromund Kaas and Balmorra and do all the heroics and area missions to farm planetary comms. They go really fast at level 50. Then you can upgrade everything. Can also do that for your companion to. Makeb was pretty easy with both me and my companion in full Makeb level mods.

Yes that also another option when you hit lvl50 to max out plantray comms for mods upgardes with Makeb vendor. You will not get any XP ofcourse as they will be gray but that does not really matter as you can just smash through lower planet heroics which tend to offer 3 each very quickly. Like I say you can also farm some classic comms aswell will take longer to farm but classic comm gear will be a bit better than Makeb vendor gear and you still earn decent xp in process. ;)

Like said before:

• Upgrade the hilt of your mainhand.
  • Upgrade the armouring of your offhand.

Both give Force-Power and thus are the over-all best increase.

This will leave you with 29 Commendations. You can do the following:

• Upgrade the hilt/barrel and armouring of your companion aswell
  • Upgrade your Green Armorings to Purple

Other places to acquire some gear:

• Classic Operations: Black Hole or Hazmat gear, both used to be quite high tier level 50 gear
  • HM Flashpoints: Black Hole gear

Remember you won't be in your level 50 gear too long, so unless you can't continue due to your gear, don't be too fussed about getting a full set.

Once you're 55 I highly recommend:

• Oricon, rewards a set of Basic Gear (level 53) which is entry level for Operations.
  • 55 HM Flashpoints, Black Market Gear and Commendations.

If you enjoy solo'ing, do dailies, Makeb, Oricon and ofcourse first finish your storyline (otherwise there will be spoilers!) and get gear with tokens. :)

PS: Remember to keep your companion up to date aswell, from 49-55 the stats increase quite rapidly. Another thing to keep in mind is that mobs will start resisting more and more attacks, some Accuracy should be taken, even as a Sorcerer.

Edited by KittyCheshire

Another option might be to do the Ilum planetary quest chain. Following it through the Battle of Ilum flashpoint will get you your Campaign chest piece(as well as any drops you get from the flashpoint itself), and then completing the False Emperor will get you your Campaign main hand weapon(as well as, again, any drops from the flashpoint). The quests themselves go fairly quickly, and the flashpoints are fun and usually easy to get groups for(or you can just queue for them specifically in the group finder).

Second the main hand/offhand upgrade in high priority. After that, find out what gives you the most willpower/power for your comms. Upgrade your crappiest mods first. You don't really need to worry about your armor rating because it's going to suck anyway, but if you have some force wielder green armorings, it might be worth the comms to replace them with advanced resolve armorings for the stats alone.

Ok my main class is a Lighning Speced Sorcerer also and this is what I have done I saved up my basic comms for the black market gear that you get off of Oricon but for the mean time I got the 50th level gear from Classic gear vender off the fleet by doing the dailys on Ilum and Black Hole on Corellia I did these dailys till I hit about 54th level then I headed to Makeb worked those dailys till 55th then headed to CZ-198 and Oricon and started those dailys for basic comms, but all in all I have been working on the Black market gear and it makes me right now somewhere over 32k in health and I rake on DPS so you might want to go this rout...

I ended up buying level 50 hilt with creds as it was only 30k, now I need 2 more armouring mods, then going to get enhancements and mods, I think this is best for me as I said, I do not do oricron, cz198 as I do not like group stuff, apart from the odd BH heroic.

I ended up buying level 50 hilt with creds as it was only 30k, now I need 2 more armouring mods, then going to get enhancements and mods, I think this is best for me as I said, I do not do oricron, cz198 as I do not like group stuff, apart from the odd BH heroic.

You won't have to worry about gearing up much, then, as most of the reason to gear up is so you can do the group stuff. Mostly, that's all there is to do at top levels (the solo stuff is only there to help you gear up for group stuff).

Assuming your class story is finished, you can go do Makeb, which is a neat storyline. Makeb (purple 58) armorings/mods are sufficient for this content.

After that, anything you can do solo is dailies (Belsavis, Ilum, CZ-198, Makeb, Black Hole, Section X, Oricon, GSI Dailies, Bounty Contracts), which are repeatable and generally done to gear up for group content. OH! I lie--Oricon does have a bit of a storyline but it's really easiest to complete it in a duo.

If you do not like group stuff, I would guess your best bet would be to start a new character of a class who's storyline you've not seen yet. I recommend Sith Warrior or Imperial Agent.

No I have not finished it, I am getting my purple 50 gear right now, still doing Corellia.

CZ 198 and oricron are solo stuff?, I thought they would be flashpoints.

Yeah I have a couple of alts but not got around to finishing them.

Edited by AussieAlan

No I have not finished it, I am getting my purple 50 gear right now, still doing Corellia.

CZ 198 and oricron are solo stuff?, I thought they would be flashpoints.

Yeah I have a couple of alts but not got around to finishing them.

CZ198 includes two flashpoints required for completing the weekly, but also 5 or so daily missions meant for solo playing. Oricon is soloable except for one or two heroic 2+ missions.

I have just got to 50 Myself for the first time but still on Voss story wise so not sure on the best rote to take weather to bother with more planet mission to get more planetary comms for gearing more makeb gear or try for classic comms(Is that worth the time) or give Makeb a go with just a Makeb level barrel and a few armourings that I do now have so just to finish my story quick and start earning basic comms on Mekeb, do you need full Makeb gear set to start Mekeb?.

Also another option could be the VOSS weekly 5 heroic misisons which not only gives you planet comms but also reputation points for VOSS rep. vendor, is that worth doing?:rolleyes:

I have just got to 50 Myself for the first time but still on Voss story wise so not sure on the best route to take whether to bother with more planet mission to get more planetary comms for gearing more makeb gear or try for classic comms (Is that worth the time?) or give Makeb a go with just a Makeb level barrel and a few armourings that I do now have so just to finish my story quick and start earning basic comms on Mekeb, do you need full Makeb gear set to start Mekeb?.

Also another option could be the VOSS weekly 5 heroic misisons which not only gives you planet comms but also reputation points for VOSS rep. vendor, is that worth doing?:rolleyes:

I've never seen anyone do the Voss weekly. I would recommend finishing your class story (Voss and Corellia will keep giving you exp until level cap), because class stories are cool. Work on Planetary comms (briefly) and Classic Comms for now, but save up some Basic Comms because you'll want them once you hit 53.

You do not need full Makeb gear to start Makeb, but by the time you're nearing the end it will be tough if you still have lowbie gear on.

Ok thanks for the info, can someone post a link to armour info, I saw something say something about 66 armour?.

Also for the guy on Voss, get purple 50 stuff, your still doing voss, then you finish your story on Corellia, then there is Ilum, then Makeb.

You will get planet while doing Voss and Corellia, and then classic from doing blackhole on Corellia, which I tried in blue 49 and found it rather hard, just do What I am doing, go back to Kaas redo heroics in like 2mins and get comms for purple 50 gear.

Off topic, I hate having my spell check on while posting on this site.

Edited by AussieAlan