best class story?

Xenozen

I've played IA, JK, and BH to completion. I'm 4 levels away from finishing SI, and I'm to Nar Shadda on my Consular.

IA and JK have so far been hands down the best, IMO. To me, they're awesome in different ways, so it doesn't feel right comparing them, but if I had to, I'd probably say IA was the best.

But a lot of it depends on how you play. I played my agent as a Chiss who wanted to do what was best for her people, who happened to be allied with the Empire. From that perspective, you make a lot of tough choices and do a lot of things you regret doing.

Similarly, I played my Jedi Knight as a Jedi who thought both Sith and the Jedi were extremists and sought balance between the two. And what was great is both of these storylines completely supported those roleplaying decisions.

Bounty Hunter and Inquisitor are both much more personal storylines IMO, whereas JK and IA you definitely feel like you did something that will have huge repercussions on the galaxy by the end. Which I guess I like better.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've played most of the classes up till about level 20 and taken inq all the way twice lol (I loved the class and the story's bearable enough to stomach twice). So far I thought the Jedi Knight was a bit cliche but obv that always was gonna be. That's 'the baby' of Star Wars so I doubt anyone outside of Lucasarts had much control over its actions. Didn't think it was anything mind blowing up to the point I got (though the boss on Tatooine was great and really gets u thinking). Inquisitor, the story was a bit silly at times but it was thoroughly entertaining ie:

the part I thought most amusing is when you go for a sleep in your ship and the ghost of your ancestor just happens to 'pop in' on his way past LOL

plus there are some of the BEST boss battles in the storylines on inquisitor, the final boss was one of my favourite 'bad guys that u love to hate'. All the lightning scenes look cool as hell too and feel really star wars-y :)

IA I've only played to level 11 so far but even the first tiny fragment of the story lets you know it's going to be great. Story feels the most Star Wars-y out of all of them (probably because it involves the Hutt Cartel which always were one with the universe to me).

Sith Warrior I'm liking just now and I think the fact I've seen and heard a few spoilers on my travels, it's actually made me more intrigued than annoyed. I helped a few teams on Voss beat the Warrior bosses and saw a couple of small twists that weren't really too obvious to anyone who hadn't seen the previous chapter of the story, but did make me go 'wow i need to know what's going on there'.

Now Consular....I'm sorry this is just dull. Some people say they loved it but I'm level 41 so far with my Sage and I've had to watch cutscenes 3 or 4 times because they're that dull I've not paid attention long enough to figure out what's going on. It's not just the story that's bad about the consular class run though, the missions are cookie cutter MMO. Most of the classes have you going to 4 places in act 1 etc but none of the other classes seem to stick exclusively to that formula like Consular. It's just a constant rinse-repeat of go somewhere, do 4 things, see someone else. The bosses have been forgetful (and I couldn't honestly tell u who any of them were. I think there's supposed to have been a couple of twists in there with people betraying you but I didn't know who anyone was so if they did it was no skin off my nose haha). The class itself is great though. I will probably level a shadow without doing the story at some point.

SW was pretty great from start to finish, IA had an amazing Act 1 (Just got to Taris and I'm not feeling super motivated, but that might be because I blitzed through most of the story in about a week and am a bit tired of the gameplay for now, if I recall same thing happened with my SW).

I'm also enjoying the Trooper storyline so far (Just started Tatooine).

• 2 months later...

Just finished Warrior.

I have to say I was appalled at how similar the Warrior and Inquisitor story lines were. You become hated by a Dark Council Member and you have to kill him to rise to your ow power. I can see ONE having this theme but both is disgusting. I did like act 1 well into act 2 though as you fought the republic and even lured a Jedi to the dark side! Nice! I've now done 7 of the 8 classes. My analysis

1)Knight(I'm a purist what can I say?)

2)Bounty Hunter(Exactly what it should have been)

3Agent(a lot of twists and turns but ending fell off for me)

4)Warrior(Fun at points but ultimately typical Sith vs. Sith)

5)Consular(It was eh but It was important in the grand scheme of the war)

6))Inquisitor(worse because you fight the same Sith for 2 acts.

7)Trooper(predictable and not really fun)

Imperial Agent is the best, followed by.....tatataaaaaaaa....Consular!

Thats right, you heard me, I said Consular. you know why? Because its the only class who feels like making an actual impact on the Galaxy itself. Not to mention its the only character who feels like a classic Jedi. You are the advisor of the most powerful persons, you influence decisions on planetary scale. And you lift and shove things arond with your force.

JK, SW, they all feel pretty generic in terms of story.

In RLterms you can say JK/SW is like a Michael Bay-Movie, while Consular/agent is more like a Wachovski-Movie.

Choose the one you like more.

For me, all Michael Bay-movies are really horrible. But thats just my opinion.

Imperial Agent is the best, followed by.....tatataaaaaaaa....Consular!

Thats right, you heard me, I said Consular. you know why? Because its the only class who feels like making an actual impact on the Galaxy itself. Not to mention its the only character who feels like a classic Jedi. You are the advisor of the most powerful persons, you influence decisions on planetary scale. And you lift and shove things arond with your force.

JK, SW, they all feel pretty generic in terms of story.

In RLterms you can say JK/SW is like a Michael Bay-Movie, while Consular/agent is more like a Wachovski-Movie.

Choose the one you like more.

For me, all Michael Bay-movies are really horrible. But thats just my opinion.

I like your reasoning for Picking Consular #2. While I didn't enjoy it the best it did embody what A "Jedi" Should be. and yes it probably did make the biggest impact outside of The Emperor being defeated(This is arguable I know but I see your point as well as my own). I feel like none of the Empire classes made a difference outside of Bounty Hunter.....BUT even though

The Chancellor was beaten it appears a new stronger Chancellor was put in his place.

But overall very good analysis.

So far, the only stories I finished are SI, Trooper and BH.

Trooper story simply fails to be one. It feels like a number of separate missions, followed by another mission where something "pretending-to-be-important" happens. It also can be quit forced upon player, making it into more of a bad movie - Trooper story is one of the very few so far, where I sympathized to my antagonists. To the point where I would like to have an option of joining them.

Havoc Squad was actually betrayed by the Republic. What Tarnis (I believe that was his name, can't remember exactly) does is perfectly justified. It feels right. Unlike what Trooper starts to do after that moment, chasing him for grant total of no reasons (nobody cares about Jorgan's being a scape goat because nobody cares about him anyway), killing people for seeing the truth and being a nice, loyal grunt. I'm happy at least I was given an option to spare him in the end.

Chapter 2 doesn't even have an antagonist because its a "poor man Mass Effect 2", with main character having no personality and companions serving as a furniture. Final mission breaks all hopes of being a great finale, as instead of awesome assault on an Imperial super-weapon we get "herp-derp vandalizing time!!!". Run in, smash the windows, draw suggestive objects on all portraits of Emperor and super-glue escape pods together, run back. Ta-daaa!

In the end of Chapter 3, after listening to a perfect description of what Republic problems are, I was, as always in Trooper story, denied the option to defect to Empire or at least shoot myself for being a radio-controlled dummy.

BH story had some downfalls, main being Skadge - worst companion in the game by far - yet, felt much better and didn't cause as much de-synchronization of my choices with character. Antagonists were antagonizing and its all they are supposed to be in a game like that.

It is personal though and I understand people who actually like Trooper or JC stories. They are good, as long as you look at them from a certain perspective.

So I am close to finishing Chapter 2 on my SW, but I have completed the TR and JC stories.

Between the two I have completed, I really liked the Trooper's story. Now I am sure some people will complain that you are "just a soldier", but to be honest, that is what I was looking for. A man, his gun, and his crew. I didn't want to be a hero, just a rank and file member.

Maybe that says something bad about me, but even so, I loved the Trooper story. The JC one lost me after Chapter 1. Chapter 2 was accurate but boring, and Chapter 3 felt tacked on to me.

Easily Agent. Proper writing, proper use of segue, and multiple endings/arcs. All the classes really lacked this level of detail. Agent was not just about 2 planet, event, 2 planet, event BS that they pulled with each of the other classes, you properly segue into each planet. At the end you actually made a decision that would affect future lines of story for your character. No other class even came close to these options.

I've played Knight, Warrior, Agent, and Inquisitor to 50. BH I've played to end of Chapter 2.

Best written is Imperial Agent. It has the best characters, best plot twists, your objectives on planets are always very interesting and diverse, a lot of choices are very "gray" (thus making the decisions really tough), and the endings actually branch out into different outcomes.

I also had a lot of fun with the Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight classes. They may not be as well written, but I enjoyed them as much, if not more, than the Agent story (probably because I'm a Jedi/Sith nerd :p). Knight played like a typical Jedi story where you save the galaxy (what KOTOR 3 could have been). For Warrior I played both DS and LS, as DS you feel like Darth Vader's role model, and as LS you are trying to rebuild the Empire for the better. I preferred DS.

Inquisitor was also fun, but I feel like it would have been better if there was a bigger focus on building allies and creating your power base, rather than collecting artifacts and consuming ghosts. I feel like the artifacts and ghosts thing could have been done in much less time, and they could have allowed for more time to build your power base (turning Jedi and their followers to the dark side, convincing Sith to join your cause, and manipulating galactic leaders). Overall, still great and the ending was one of my favorites.

Bounty Hunter story has been surprisingly good so far too. I especially liked the way both of the first 2 chapters ended as a mostly LS character. I'm playing my character as a warrior trying to restore honor to the Mandalorians and Bounty Hunting profession as a whole. I'm not sure I would be enjoying it this much as Darkside.

Consular, Trooper, and Smuggler are what I have left to complete. I know I want to complete them, but I feel like there's no way I'll enjoy the stories as much as the other 5. Maybe someone can change my mind??

And ranking these would be impossible. Knight, Warrior, and Agent are my top 3, but I thoroughly enjoyed them all (so far).

I have finished all 8 stories and this is my opinion. The spaces signify how much of a gap there is in quality.

1. Agent

2. Knight

3. Warrior

4. Smuggler

5. Trooper

6. Consular

7. Inquisitor

8. Bounty Hunter

Edited by Icebergy

There are 2 Story-Arcs who are a lightyear ahead of the rest. Its Imperial Agent and Sith Warrior. Both are so good, I played them twice and think about playing a third Agent.

I also played JK, Consular, Smuggler and 2/3 Bounty Hunter. While the all have its moments, they aren´t even remotely close to te quality of SW and IA.

Sad, but true...