The Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Cantina Tour Arrives in Seattle

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there at 7pm, and waited 2 hours to get in. I was about 20 people behind the first wave that got to go in.

Honestly, it was a huge let down. Too crowded, the Q&A was done poorly, seriously needed a better venue.

I don't know if they weren't expecting so many people to show up, or if they picked the Garage because it was the only place that was left after all the bigger venues were rented... but standing for 2 hours for a pet and flash drive wasn't worth it IMO. I wanted to be able to actually just hang and talk with the community team and devs. Didn't get a chance to simply relax and chat.

Also, next year, please have SW:TOR panels at the BioWare Base. Sure, I am looking forward to DA: Inq, but it would be nice to see SW:TOR represented better at PAX.

I gotta call you on that,reason being is that at 7PM there was at best 25 people there,i know i was one.

I gotta call you on that, there were 25ish people OUTSIDE at the time around 630. 7pm there was a line half way down the block, by 730 the line had turned the corner. Luckily I had a good view of a bar tv from where i was in line so i could watch some football till they finally let us in.

Event was fun, however, it wasnt fun being in a stuffed split basement that had a shotty sound system, not enough space to sit. But in the end, I was able to get 2 free drinks and another tauntaun code because I went back in line.

The line was crazy. I got to the garage @ 6:00ish and there were a few people but not much so I went in to get dinner and a beer. When I was done the line was already starting to wrap around the edge of the building.

I have to agree that the venue wasn't ideal for the number of people that attended. The L shaped room that split the discussion didn't help matters. It was fun meeting a bunch of people and the devs so I would like to thank Bioware for doing this.

For comparison on the line, I had some friends at the Guild Wars 2 bash line that I went over to after the first round was done. The line waiting for the second wave was easily twice as long as the one at the Renaissance Hotel (To be fair that event was at a hotel so there could have been a greater number inside, I only saw the line).

One down side is some how my Tautaun Fawn code was already claimed :( , oh well.

Had a great time! Thanks Bioware! would have been nice to stay because my wife and I got there at 4pm and then had to leave after 30 minutes so other people that didnt get there in time could come in. Would have liked to hang out and relax with a bunch of star wars nerds until 11pm like I had originally planned. Bioware please do this again and get a bigger room!! All in All the bioware crew was awesome and everyone was super nice. The wife and I got all decked out just because. Here is a photo shoot of us just before the event. special thanks to John Hieber http://circleofenmity.enjin.com/gallery/m/6221576/album/154226 Sorry you guys only get the PG ones ;) Edited by Dredzzz

• 9 months later...