A answer from Bioware would be nice(( spoiler alert))

CrazyOldMystic

I have posted this question/point twice already, and each time I get a different answer. Before I decided on just sticking to two troopers. I experienced the sith story line. My impressions was that the sith, as well as the republic were being played by the Emperor. By being played I mean fighting a fake war, well the Emperor has his plans for something far more destructive then a conventional war with the republic. If this is true I can not believe he would allow himself to be found by the Jedi and killed.

Explanations ive heard on this range from the one the JKs kill was a decoy, to he really was killed, to tonight's he just keeps getting revived. I haven't heard nor seen any official word about this from bioware. Personally I hope he is not dead, just would be so wrong for the star wars universe to have the emperor dead, especially in the old republic.

Edited by CrazyOldMystic

As I understand it, nobody gets to kill the emperor, both the Jedi Knight and the Sith Warrior look like they kill him, but actually don't. However I could be wrong.

As for getting an answer from bioware, not going to happen, they want some mystery involved. You might get an answer on a minor plot point, but definately not about the overall arc.

I believe the JK does kill the emperor physically but he has his Voice/Wrath/Hands and children all of whom he's imbued with his essence. So the JK kills the physical manifestation of the Emperor but his power and spirit live on in those vessels and can/do later get reborn in a new body.

From what I've learned about the emperor from the encyclopedia, and the JK/SW stories is that his true form is hidden. What the SW/JK killed in their stories was the Voice of the Emperor, a body in which he has complete control over, but killing this body does not kill the emperor himself, as he is returned to his original, then inhabits a new body which will become the new voice.

So no, the emperor is not dead, far from it in fact. He will return eventually.

He is in fact playing both sides of the war, he has control over the empire of course, but by luring the republic to certain locations as seen in the JK story, he was almost able to start the process of his ritual to destroy the galaxy and become a single immortal being.

The emperor is a cunning, ruthless individual who fears only death, and it would be a shame to kill him off this early in the timeline.

Edited by CondemnedMarine

I can go with this. So pretty much he is a parasite of the darkside, no real physical body, and takes control of anyone he chooses. Although I still think that the sith was being played, by the emperor, the one that had the vision of the Emperor destroying the entire galaxy. Though I think the Emperor has plans for the galaxy, I do not think his ultimate goal is to destroy everything, or become the only immortal being. I just get the feeling its something more sinister. Its defiantly clear he is playing the Jedi order, sith order, the empires military, and the republic military.

I believe the JK does kill the emperor physically but he has his Voice/Wrath/Hands and children all of whom he's imbued with his essence. So the JK kills the physical manifestation of the Emperor but his power and spirit live on in those vessels and can/do later get reborn in a new body.

No. He just killed one of the emperors voices's. The real emperor has black eyes...did the dude you killed look like he has black eyes?

As I understand it, nobody gets to kill the emperor, both the Jedi Knight and the Sith Warrior look like they kill him, but actually don't. However I could be wrong.

As for getting an answer from bioware, not going to happen, they want some mystery involved. You might get an answer on a minor plot point, but definately not about the overall arc.

yea you couldn't be more wrong.

the Jedi Knight does attack, wound, and then he thinks he kills him but never really goes looking for the body. In the warrior line the Hands make reference to an attack on the emperor but it failed and he is still alive but weak from it. he goes further into hiding and cannot stop Darth Baras, therefore, you the Wrath must stop him. also, thats not the voice of the emperor. you also meet the voice on Voss in the warrior story.

Edited by Mawduce

Here is a more detailed part on who is really manipulating the sides:

The actual body and true Emperor has retired into the outer rim of the galaxy for quite awhile now. He uses the force to communicate, more specifically, the Voice. In short, the Voice is a man/woman who is possessed by the Emperor. He just uses the body to carry out deeds and such.

The Jedi Knight does kill the Voice, but not the Emperor himself. In fact, in the Sith Warrior storyline, it is implied that the Emperor is simply recuperating and finding another Voice. In short, the Emperor has not died. Your just killing his pawns (or the liars). Oh, and not to mention that the entire Jedi Order now thinks the Emperor is really dead. Jokes on them.

Now, who is manipulating the war? Of course the Emperor is in some cases. He has been waiting centuries preparing for this. But at the moment, the true manipulators are a century-old hidden organization called the Star Cabal. They formed after the Great Hyperspace War in order to maintain balance to the galaxy. This means for centuries they have been aiding/harming both Imperial and Republic forces to make sure neither one is allowed total conquest of the galaxy. They were eventually corrupted, however, as time went on as more power hungry members joined. They are then revealed their plot which has been in place for quite some time, being the biggest manipulators for self profit. Cipher Nine (IA character) then sets out to destroy their conspiracy.

Edited by CrimsonOrigin