The Fate of the Silencer [Annihilation spoilers]

BenKatarn

Between this game and Mass Effect 3 I'm starting to think BioWare forgot about this little thing called the Dramatic Arc.

It seems like we're already on the "falling action" toward the resolution (the Republic wins in the end, which we all know to be the case). We've either skipped the climax, or it took place just in one class's story (the Emperor's death). Either way, for the other 7 classes, there's no drama, and it's frankly going to start to get kind of boring.

There's a reason Episode V was basically the Rebels getting their butts kicked. Again, nobody watching Star Wars for the first time honestly thought that there was even a slight chance the Alliance would get crushed and the Empire would reign supreme for all eternity. Obviously the good guys would win in the end. But if the original trilogy was basically just "Rebels blow up the Death Star and proceed from triumph to triumph until Luke kills the Emperor", it wouldn't have been nearly as popular as it was.

i have a feeling that the next story chapter was supposed to be equivalent to ESB but weather we get it now that Bioware has shall we say had problems is another thing.

Exactly, lets just say I think the empire is going to lose even more stuff since the new lead writer was one of the main writers for JK and smuggler.

You have not played the smuggler DS have you? The DS smuggler is the only char in the game that can really screw up his faction (in this case the republic) .

• 9 months later...
I'm currently in the process of making my way through the audiobook version of "Annihilation". However, from very early on in the book, I was sort of getting nervous because of some comments the book has made. Perhaps my fears will be eased once I've finished the book, but I highly doubt it.

Multiple times during its course, the book mentions that the Ascendent Spear is the last of the Imperial superweapon capital ships that were developed under the Sun Razer project of Darth Mekhis. Among other things, ships developed by the Sun Razer included the Gauntlet (hyperspace target elimination capital ship); destroyed by the Trooper in Act 2) and the Silencer (rapid-recharge "fleet killer" capital ship; under the command of the Inquisitor in Act 3). While the Gauntlet was obviously destroyed in the game, I am concerned regarding the Silencer. It obviously survived its maiden battle and since it was part of the Inquisitor storyline, I highly doubt it would be destroyed during the course of the game and the Inquisitor not be informed of it. Not to mention that the book goes as far as saying "only the Ascendent Spear could destroy a Republic fleet that easily", which the Silencer could do as well, in rapid succession.

So, my point I guess is, what's happened here? Was the Silencer destroyed off-screen? Was it forgotten about? Or was the fact that it still existed (it was originally unfinished and then made operational by the Inqusititor) kept a secret from most of the Imperial military?

2 other superweapons were developed:

the undying: a larger version of a harrower dreadnaught and has an unknown capability most likely a "fleet killer" weapon

the emperor's shadow: was mentioned in my SWTOR encyclopedia on pg. 169 when it said:

Malgus formed key alliances with like-minded members of the Imperial military who share his belief that change is needed. They quietly developed superweapon projects like "The Emperor's Shadow" stealth vessel, knowing such devices might one day be useful to seize control of their own government

It seems like that in Star Wars, whenever there's a superweapon, it gets destroyed fairly quickly upon being completed/reactivated.

Except the silencer/doombringer, which the writers have simply forgotten about. I remember writing about this same issue long long ago.