Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The premades are still ruining the whole WZ experiance.

Theres not a single chance in hell a PUG team can beat a premade team with powerhealers, voice comm, and all the uber gear they got from prior PUG stomping.

The PUG stomping gotta stop. PPl are quitting the game by the day beacuase of this.

This game will be over Before christmas if the premades are not removed.

The premades are still ruining the whole WZ experiance.

Theres not a single chance in hell a PUG team can beat a premade team with powerhealers, voice comm, and all the uber gear they got from prior PUG stomping.

The PUG stomping gotta stop. PPl are quitting the game by the day beacuase of this.

This game will be over Before christmas if the premades are not removed.

Warzones on 55 lvl will be dead with 2.4, when ranked Arenas comes :o

So, RIP warzones and warzones with premades...

Edited by TonyDragonflame

I dont Think arenas will change a thing.

Premade runners like PUG stomping = easy kills. Premades dont even want to fight an other premade team, its too much challange for them. They dont want pUG to have thier own queue either. They just want to stomp PUG, so why would they go to the arenas?

I dont Think arenas will change a thing.

Premade runners like PUG stomping = easy kills. Premades dont even want to fight an other premade team, its too much challange for them. They dont want pUG to have thier own queue either. They just want to stomp PUG, so why would they go to the arenas?

Nobody will play 55 lvl warzones with normal commz when there are ranked Arenas with OMGMYEGORATING and ranked commz...

u can get ranked commz thru regular WZ too

As a matter of fact, by adding the comms that you get from wining two regular warzone matches to those that you get from doing the daily you could come away with about 225 ranked comms vs. 160 ranked comms assuming that you convert all of the regular comms that you receive to ranked comms. Add in the comms that you get from doing your weekly, and you get the equivalent of another 400 ranked comms out of the deal.

So, all in, you could earn about 850 more ranked comms per week if you just won two regular matches per day.

Oh, and by the way, if you lose all of your matches the same is true, but you will need to lose four matches a day instead of winning two.

Nobody will play 55 lvl warzones with normal commz when there are ranked Arenas with OMGMYEGORATING and ranked commz...

daily and weekly quests only work for regs. arenas are a part of reg Q. 4m's in reg Q are as likely to land an arena as a WZ and their competition is also just as likely. thus, reg arenas are going to be massively imbalanced with 4m teams vs. 4 pugs. that's far far far worse than 4m + pugs vs. 8 pugs. it's even worse than 2x 4m vs. 8 pugs cuz the 2 premades aren't necessarily in the same guild/voice.

meanwhile, quitting is endemic in solo rated. a quitter there is devastating to the team. almost guaranteed loss.

finally, why the hell would I destroy my rating with a fresh 55 by jumping straight into solo rated? it utterly invalidates the rating in the first place. good player or bad. premade or not. jumping into rated is a bad idea.

Edited by foxmob

Premades are still the major negative influance on SWTOR pvp.

And i dont Think update 2.4 will do any differ at all.

Premades are just in there to do easy kills PUG stomping. They dont know any other way tp play.

Thought you quit. You should. One less bad player complaining on the forums.

I disagree with this. I think that if people want to group up with their friends to play, that you should be able to, and should not be broken up by the game. I also believe that they in the absence of a robust match making system, and a few other game enhancements, that there should be separate queues for solo and group players.

Was giving my opinion on what I think is wrong, and never did I write that it was the only problem, but it is what I have noticed. Other players have been giving some good advice as well, as long as they didn't decide instead to insult those of us who have a different opinion than these "leet" players...

Maybe a middle ground can be reached were pre-mades are only put together with opposing pre-mades, while pugs will only be put together with pugs. I saw some other member give an excellent idea about putting ingame VOIP so at least everyone will be able to communicate easily, but that still doesn't solve the problem of pre-mades being put against pugs.

Some seem to think that "the problem is only this, or is only that" when most probably the problem is more than just one thing. It is in part the "pre-made vs pugs", the "TS vs no TS and no in-game VOIP", the class imbalance, etc.

Just taking care of one thing is not going to bring balance to the WZs and pvp in general. I do have notice the class imbalance as well where some classes have a lot of advantages in WZs such as just some classes being able to pull the friend with the huttball close to the goal, or snipers being able to stun every few secs completely invisible and not being able to find them at all, etc. But I also think this class inbalance can be solved in part by not putting pugs vs premades because in the premades there will always be at least 2 healers, a class that can pull the friend with the huttball etc, while in a pug the chance of that happening is much lower.

Thought you quit. You should. One less bad player complaining on the forums.

If everyone who saw a problem in the WZs or the game in general did what you "want them" to do then you can be sure that the few of you that remain will not be able to keep SWTOR up an running and it would have to close within 3 months due to not enough funds...

But hey, there is always the person, or people, who think only their opinions matter and only they should be listened to huh?...

If everyone who saw a problem in the WZs or the game in general did what you "want them" to do then you can be sure that the few of you that remain will not be able to keep SWTOR up an running and it would have to close within 3 months due to not enough funds...

But hey, there is always the person, or people, who think only their opinions matter and only they should be listened to huh?...

Someone who singles out people grouping with guildies or friends who..

thinks they're all bad

only want to stomp pugs thinks they gain the uber leet gear through stomping pugs

are afraid to face other premades

are terrible people for wanting to group

cant hack it in a solo environment

suck without having 2-3 healers in their group

play FoTM classes

Now, instead of looking at the bigger picture all this guy is blame the other person. Players who take 0 accountability for themselves, are, imo a stain on this game and a bigger problem than premades.

All of those things listed are things that people 100% against groups in the same queue with solo players. Now some players do in fact like 'easy' competition and generally group and never play ranked (same guys who play on easy or novice in single player games). Are the majority of players like this? No but some exist.

Completely negate the fact that they are adding a solo only option for arenas, Bioware has never, ever acknowledged that premades are an issue which leads me to believe that all of this is working as intended.

Someone who singles out people grouping with guildies or friends who..

thinks they're all bad

only want to stomp pugs thinks they gain the uber leet gear through stomping pugs

are afraid to face other premades

are terrible people for wanting to group

cant hack it in a solo environment

suck without having 2-3 healers in their group

play FoTM classes

Now, instead of looking at the bigger picture all this guy is blame the other person. Players who take 0 accountability for themselves, are, imo a stain on this game and a bigger problem than premades.

Completely negate the fact that they are adding a solo only option for arenas, Bioware has never, ever acknowledged that premades are an issue which leads me to believe that all of this is working as intended.

First of all, I wasn't the one to use insults at anyone, never did I call "a fool" or "an idiot" or any of the numerous insults in this thread made by players like you...

Second of all, in a pug one single person isn't responsible for the whole group, and one lonely player is not going to win against 8 in the opposing team, so "personal accountability" has NOTHING to do with WZs since we don't have any say on who do we play with plain and simple.

Third of all, just because Bioware doesn't say they see a problem doesn't mean there isn't one. That's why players give their opinions and what we think we see as problems.

If you don't like players giving their opinions then probably you shouldn't be reading the forums and shouldn't post at all. So just play all you want and don't respond at all... Since you seem to think that players who according to you " only complain" and you think those players don't belong in the game, then you don't belong in the forums. How do you like them apples?

Edited by WarriorOfVirtue

Pot meet kettle

Pot meet kettle

Really?... I stated clearly that everyone's opinion matter and the problem is probably in a combination of what people have been saying here.... I wasn't insulting players for giving opinions, and in case you are wondering insulting players is not an opinion, it is in the realm of jerkdom and trolling.

Edited by WarriorOfVirtue

Really?... I stated clearly that everyone's opinion matter and the problem is probably in a combination of what people have been saying here.... I wasn't insulting players for giving opinions, and in case you are wondering insulting players is not an opinion, it is in the realm of jerkdom and trolling.

Opinions based on knee jerk reaction and assuming the numbers and motivations of others fit your own actually shouldn't matter.

That's my beef, premades existed since the beginning, yknow what ruined non-ranked warzones for a bunch of people? Server transfers. On BC a massive chunk of the pvp population that knew what they were about transferred to bastion or pot5. My assumption is that a similar thing happened on other servers. If the end result is anything like bc, even solo que vs solo que can be like ripping out teeth without a decent premade to go on. I've had matches as a sniper where i was held to under 500k damage, and still managed to outdamage the entire rest of my team. Edit: And I don't mean top damage, I mean I did more damage than the entire rest of the team combined, add all their damage up...1 player did more yet was under 500k

The other thing that ruined it? The 2.4 announcement. A lot of the people who were still around because they enjoyed the objective based pvp content and were looking forward to maybe a few new maps and arenas to break up the monotony got blindsided with the knowledge that 8v8 ranked was going away. It double stung because many of these players and guilds transferred and convinced friends to transfer so that they could have an 8v8 team in a more competitive environment. So when one of those people who has no interest in deathmatch arenas decides to spend time elsewhere, like League of Legends, or Diablo 3, or FF14, it's a lot easier to get former guildies who enjoyed playing with you to leave to those games too. Especially with the method the company has been using to address class balance issues, which become even more important to address with the arena format on the horizon.

Edited by Raazmir
addition

Im not sure what you think my post meant, but the part I bolded was exceptionally hypocritical.

If people don't understand the basics of the game. Then their opinion is worthless

First of all, I wasn't the one to use insults at anyone, never did I call "a fool" or "an idiot" or any of the numerous insults in this thread made by players like you...

Very correct.

Second of all, in a pug one single person isn't responsible for the whole group, and one lonely player is not going to win against 8 in the opposing team, so "personal accountability" has NOTHING to do with WZs since we don't have any say on who do we play with plain and simple.

Player accountability has a lot to do with a lot of things. Instead of blaming the other team for a loss (which a lot of pugs due) because they faced a premade, they never look past what could have been done better. If every single pug looked past the fact that it wasn't just a premade but a better skilled team that handed them a loss and actually strives to learn what they themselves could have done better to help their team win a large chunk of these threads could not exist.

True that one player isn't responsible for the whole group but all it takes is someone to step up the plate and help quarterback the team by calling out incomings and targets instead of giving up or trying to be a regstar or simply not being a team player would go a long way

Third of all, just because Bioware doesn't say they see a problem doesn't mean there isn't one. That's why players give their opinions and what we think we see as problems.

If the problem was as severe as those who suggest it than they would have stepped in and say so. They have not done this. Instead they have stated months ago that they are working on a matchmaking system which will be in place for solo and grouped ranked arenas.

If you don't like players giving their opinions then probably you shouldn't be reading the forums and shouldn't post at all. So just play all you want and don't respond at all... Since you seem to think that players who according to you " only complain" and you think those players don't belong in the game, then you don't belong in the forums. How do you like them apples?

And for your final piece of wisdom.

I have no issue with players giving their opinions, this is an opinionated forum on the internet after all. What I have an issue with is players with an opinion which is so stubbornly one sided they refuse to give any though to rebuttal arguments or any logic. Post away here, I am entertained non the less but if you have an opinion and someone posts more than valid counter arguments then you should be prepared to open up there minds instead of blindly repeating their opinions without any giving any leeway to their arguments and defending them blindly.