Light sided Sith

MouseNoFour

being a sith isnt about helping anyone. u use them till there not longer of value then u drop them. not to mention the whole sith academy thing makes the sith weak. have u not noticed all the over sized fat sith?

Be a Sith means to be free. :wea_03: Sith code tells you, that you have freedom to do anything to obtain power and resources. It is your freedom of choice, if you want to drain from ther dark side or light side :)

For example, my Light Side SW Darth Omegon always believed, that slaughter is useless. Have a new servants or allies, even within Jedi Order, is always better than just kill everything in your way.:cool:

Spare overseer Tremel or lord Rathari, as well as others supposed to kill, is conspiracy to kill your master and take power in the Empire.

By Light Side of the Force :rolleyes::wea_01:

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be a Sith means to be free. :wea_03: Sith code tells you, that you have freedom to do anything to obtain power and resources. It is your freedom of choice, if you want to drain from ther dark side or light side :)

For example, my Light Side SW Darth Omegon always believed, that slaughter is useless. Have a new servants or allies, even within Jedi Order, is always better than just kill everything in your way.:cool:

Spare overseer Tremel or lord Rathari, as well as others supposed to kill, is conspiracy to kill your master and take power in the Empire.

Couldn't have said that better myself.

To be a Sith is to follow your own path and have the freedom to do as you choose. To be a citizen of The Republic is to be a slave to nobels and monarchs.

Nono, it's not like that =)

The alignment thing has little to do with the side of the Force you're on in the first place.

LS Sith still use the DS, they just feed on ther emotions than fear and anger. Some LS Sith believe there are more powerful emotions, like bravery, hope and *gasp* love.

Fine by me, kill all your assets just to be "evil". I'll stick with keeping them alive, extracting the information out of them, converting them to my side, and manipulating my way to the top of the food chain.

A true Sith never gives up an asset or anything that leads to more power. When you're killing people right and left just for the sake of killing them even if it's tactically unsound, that's not Sith-like. You're just a psychopath with no brains.

For example, Darth Sidious would have made nearly all "light side" choices to get into his position of power. He barely killed anyone until he took over. He got there by quiet manipulation, being calculated and preserving people when they were useful to him. And he was the culmination of the Rule of Two, one of the most powerful Sith ever to live.

Again, youre looking at this from a one dimensional interpretation of pure darkside. Manipulation is not dark or light in the eyes of the force.

As a sith warrior, i prefer to be more open and leave the machinations to the inquisitors.

hell the greatest weakness of the empire is the sith (darksided). without the sith the empire would be MUCH more effective. calling lightsided sith a strain is absolutely wrong in every possible way.

I have fully addressed this and have written my own philosophy for the sith, balancing complete openness to the dark side and what is good for the empire.

Light sith are useful, as you pointed out. about as useful as a loyal trooper. But a pure jedi will defeat a light side sith hands down. Light sith not only lack conviction, but they do not have access to the pure darkside powers. The lore has made it perfectly clear that the darker you are, the more command you have of the darkside.

I have fully addressed this and have written my own philosophy for the sith, balancing complete openness to the dark side and what is good for the empire.

Light sith are useful, as you pointed out. about as useful as a loyal trooper. But a pure jedi will defeat a light side sith hands down. Light sith not only lack conviction, but they do not have access to the pure darkside powers. The lore has made it perfectly clear that the darker you are, the more command you have of the darkside.

LS sith using their DS force powers is a lore break in it self bioware was going to change your powers based on alignment but they decided against it. My sith warrior and sith inquisitor plays according to what Darth traya teaches in kotor 2 lets just say I hit Dark V playing like that. Hence why the line in my sig I will even post a video when she is teaching the exile on how to be dark side. Following her advice I hit dark side mastery and selected sith lord as an advance class.

Anyway......

In order to gain strength in the dark side you have to cause conflict, destruction and suffering since a dark side feeds off this if you serve the will of the dark side it grants even more power and the purpose of sith is gaining more power. Malgus knew this so did darth Revan and darth sidious(clone wars destruction and suffering on a massive scale). Kreia knew this as well since at the end of kotor 2 she gives the exile the option of killing her companions kriea says if the exile does this she will become stronger in the dark side. I will even say the SI knows this since if dark side the SI says to an npc "To sith power is a purpose in it self".

The sith order was founded on the dark side since the sith VIEW it as the stronger side and the side that grants more power and being light side in the sith order is extreme heresy punishable by death. To the sith there is a difference between being dark side rank 1-5 since you are still dark aligned. If you are light rank 1-5 as far as the sith are concerned you are a heretic that needs to be destroyed.

Since you are no longer sith and don't you dare say you are cause in the sith warrior story if you are light side an incarnation of the dark side appears and if you tell it that you are sith it says something along the lines of "Don't lie to yourself you know that is not true".

Playing as a LS sith is rather interesting because you have to hide you true alignment since the sith order is on a witch hunt for LS sith.

star wars isn't dragonball Z...

a jedi with way less raw force power can completely dominate a sith who has way more force power than him in a fair fight. a talented trooper or bounty hunter can completely tear apart a jedi or sith in the lore. hell theres all sorts of specialized non-force using troops who hunt down and kill jedi/sith. jedi/sith aren't ultra powerful.

and a lightside sith can draw on more than hatred and anger for his power...so i dont see where you're getting this whole "lightside sith will always be weaker than darkside sith" thing from. who says a lightside sith can only tap into the darkside? couldn't he tap into the lightside as well? revan did it. plenty of others have as well. you're just making things up to justify being pure darkside

star wars isn't dragonball Z...

a jedi with way less raw force power can completely dominate a sith who has way more force power than him in a fair fight. a talented trooper or bounty hunter can completely tear apart a jedi or sith in the lore. hell theres all sorts of specialized non-force using troops who hunt down and kill jedi/sith. jedi/sith aren't ultra powerful.

and a lightside sith can draw on more than hatred and anger for his power...so i dont see where you're getting this whole "lightside sith will always be weaker than darkside sith" thing from. who says a lightside sith can only tap into the darkside? couldn't he tap into the lightside as well? revan did it. plenty of others have as well. you're just making things up to justify being pure darkside

In many ways that's not quite true. It only is for Sith/Jedi of lesser caliber. If a Jedi Knight is beyond talented with a lightsaber but has low potential, came up to confront Nihilus he'd be completely drained of life. No saber battle would happen. The same as with Darth Sidious. Jango Fett at the time was the greatest bounty hunter in history but there is no way in heck he'd be able to take on Sidious, Mace, or even Yoda. Don't give me the "His jetpack was damaged." it wouldn't have mattered. If Windu truly wanted to he could just close his fist and crush him from inside his suit with no difficulty.

Luke Skywalker and Sidious could move quicker than the eye can see. Most opponents, no matter how talented, would simply die from being blitzed to death. There's been a few Sith in lore that could annihilate entire planets. This being said.. I'm sure you using the dark side powers is the same as using dark side powers when Galen Marek turns to the lightside in force unleashed. It's gameplay mechanics. In truth the Sith Warrior is lightside. He's not a "Lighter personality." Jaesa seems him as a beacon of light and the warrior admits that he's pretending to be something he's not among the other Sith. He actually has plans to change the Sith Empire from within.

Rhyltan whenever you post I feel like shaking your hand because on these forums it seems that people don't know much about the sith and on how dark side/ light side powers work. The LS sith characters still using dark side powers is simple gameplay mechanics if canon had its way and if you are on the light side most of your dark side force powers would end up hurting you or outright not working and vice versa. For a DS user trying to attempt LS force powers they would not work.

Heck the description of force rage says that if the person using it is not attuned to the dark side like dark side rank 1-5 the force power could end up hurting their connection to the force or hurt them physically. If this happend a lot of LS sith warriors would be in pain majority of the time. Don't even get me started on SI DS force powers.

Edited by lokdron

As Light V Bounty Hunter, I never kill people just because I can. I have nothing to prove to myself..

Paraphrased from Terry Pratchett's "Jingo"; Jabbar the D'reg says, "Kill merchant's? Why? If we kill them, they bring no more goods. We rob them, let them go, and then we rob their sons ! Yes !!"

Killing is self-profitable, long-term, only as a last resort. Class/allegiance doesn't change this fact. So kill away, if you're an a short-term-thinking Sith, but my Marauder plans on ruling a stable, prosperous, successful Empire eventually.

Rhyltan whenever you post I feel like shaking your hand because on these forums it seems that people don't know much about the sith and on how dark side/ light side powers work. The LS sith characters still using dark side powers is simple gameplay mechanics if canon had its way and if you are on the light side most of your dark side force powers would end up hurting you or outright not working and vice versa. For a DS user trying to attempt LS force powers they would not work.

Heck the description of force rage says that if the person using it is not attuned to the dark side like dark side rank 1-5 the force power could end up hurting their connection to the force or hurt them physically. If this happend a lot of LS sith warriors would be in pain majority of the time. Don't even get me started on SI DS force powers.

Hmm. Then I guess the Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast series don't make much sense either, because I remember getting the LS ending in both games and shooting lightning the whole way.

Then I suppose Kyle Katarn isn't canon either.

Kyle is Canon and he rarely uses dark side powers. He has before but he's also admitted that he isn't perfect. He's also nearly fallen to the dark side multiple times. He tries to use said powers as little as possible.

Kyle is Canon and he rarely uses dark side powers. He has before but he's also admitted that he isn't perfect. He's also nearly fallen to the dark side multiple times. He tries to use said powers as little as possible.

Saying that he doesn't use them much is very different from saying that he doesn't use them at all, and he's never shown any sign of physical pain when using them either.

Saying that he doesn't use them much is very different from saying that he doesn't use them at all, and he's never shown any sign of physical pain when using them either.

I didn't claim he didn't use them at all. I stated that gameplay mechanics aren't canon. He didn't go around blasting force lightning everywhere. It also doesn't refute my argument. Someone that follows the light side uses the light side of the force. Your example is someone who uses the dark side "rarely." and anytime he is doing so he is giving in to his anger/the dark side. That's not exactly a good case that "Light uses the dark side too." I also wasn't the one who claimed using the dark side puts you in pain. I did say, however, that using the dark side puts you at extreme risk of falling to the dark side.

Note that Luke does not advocate or teach his students how to use the dark side of the force.

Republic appear as the good guy when playing republic. The story is biased toward the side you play.

really?

Toutoring prisoners on belsavis locking up decendents just because there grandad or whatever commited a crime.

i wouldnt call that good and that was on the republic side

Edited by Kaisernick

I have a Marauder, Juggernaut, Sorceress and Assassin. All of which are light sided. Some much more than others.

One of the ironies about playing light sided Sith, is that not only do the NPC's not like you - but the OTHER PLAYERS dont like you either!

It is actually kinda perfect that way. So you feel more at home playing a much hated light side Sith - as the other players disgust at you fits right into the story of playing a Sith who doesnt conform to the usual ways of a Sith.

Playing a dark side Sith, pretty much everyone ignores you and you become just one of the 'sheep'. One in the crowd so to speak.

I played LS Sith Warrior up until the Tatooine story. LS Sith didn't feel to "Sithy" to me, so I rerolled. But I did get a kick out of some of the NPC's choices. Sith openly disliked you, but the regular soldiers and grunts gave you the weirdest looks.

"My lord...really? You sure? But...you're Sith! That's now how it works!"

really?

Toutoring prisoners on belsavis locking up decendents just because there grandad or whatever commited a crime.

i wouldnt call that good and that was on the republic side

You didn't think the endless parade of horrors the Empire did on every planet was worse?

I played LS Sith Warrior up until the Tatooine story. LS Sith didn't feel to "Sithy" to me, so I rerolled. But I did get a kick out of some of the NPC's choices. Sith openly disliked you, but the regular soldiers and grunts gave you the weirdest looks.

"My lord...really? You sure? But...you're Sith! That's now how it works!"

Didn't Tatooine actually have a semi-effective tool for a LS Sith Warrior to fall to the darkside in it's story?

Edited by OldVengeance

I didn't claim he didn't use them at all. I stated that gameplay mechanics aren't canon. He didn't go around blasting force lightning everywhere. It also doesn't refute my argument. Someone that follows the light side uses the light side of the force. Your example is someone who uses the dark side "rarely." and anytime he is doing so he is giving in to his anger/the dark side. That's not exactly a good case that "Light uses the dark side too." I also wasn't the one who claimed using the dark side puts you in pain. I did say, however, that using the dark side puts you at extreme risk of falling to the dark side.

Note that Luke does not advocate or teach his students how to use the dark side of the force.

/Facepalm

Gah! Sorry about that, I posted most of these early in the morning and didn't realize I was arguing with the wrong person. I can semi-agree with you on your second-to-last point though: Overuse of the Dark Side comes with a heavy risk of succumbing to it completely. It's a bit like a drug really, overuse can lead to addiction, and perhaps an overdose.

A bit like Baras in the last Warrior quest. He calls on the Dark Side so heavily, he loses he connection to the Force completely. (Temporarily, anyway.)

Didn't Tatooine actually have a semi-effective tool for a LS Sith Warrior to fall to the darkside in it's story?

The morality system at play here is a bit boinked anyhow. As a "Light Side" Sith, I just accepted my dark side. There was little reason to deny that it existed, or that it would always be a part of me.

Exactly, but he cant access the higher tiers of power from being pure light side or pure darkside, thereby limiting himself to mediocre power.

^^ This

My smuggler is not light or dark... he right inbetween and thats hard to do... light side sith.. will heck, just remember of that sith.... oh whats his name.... you know help the 2 jedis out at that one point in time.... oh will lol he was not really darkside.. but he wasnt pure light as will.... but its a good start of an idea :)

Exactly, but he cant access the higher tiers of power from being pure light side or pure darkside, thereby limiting himself to mediocre power.

Not necessarily. That's a "grey" force user.

Dark Sith = Drawing on hatred, rage and other negative emotions

Light Sith = Drawing on compassion, mercy, and other positive emotions

Light Jedi = Successfully suppressing emotion to remain objectivity

Dark Jedi = Failed to, or at least was taught to, suppress emotion, and failed.

That's how I've always thought of it anyways, seems to be the most supported by SW lore so...

Not necessarily. That's a "grey" force user.

Dark Sith = Drawing on hatred, rage and other negative emotions

Light Sith = Drawing on compassion, mercy, and other positive emotions

Light Jedi = Successfully suppressing emotion to remain objectivity

Dark Jedi = Failed to, or at least was taught to, suppress emotion, and failed.

That's how I've always thought of it anyways, seems to be the most supported by SW lore so...

This, pretty much.