Way too much CC!?

Xcore

Why in the world doew every class have a low CD Root/Snare, Knockback and several stuns?! This has to be the most skill-less PvP environment.... Timing is irrelevant as you have so much CC.

Resolve does nothing... completely useless.

Just as a Gunslinger, I have:

Blind, AOE CC.... - low cd

Root, ranged root - low cd

Stun, melee stun - low cd

Knockback with talented root, AOE/Melee Range - low cd

Knockback #2 (Talented Aimed Shot), Melee range - low cd

This is ridiculous... In SW:TOR everyone is essentially a frost mage + balance druid? This is incredibly frustrating and nearly skill-less completely.

I actually enjoy the amount of cc's in this game. When both teams in pvp have good players and good healers...really the only way to win is to skillfully time your cc's. Of course it can be frustrating, but it goes both ways.

On huttball, as a melee, it gets infuriating.

Snare's dont grind my gears, but your telling me to go read about resolve when it seems you know nothing about it. Go back under your bridge, you piece of trash.

+1, what he said.

Also i agree. It's insane. At end game pvp is a CC fest of staying in one spot for over 15 seconds at a time waiting for your CC break CD to go down.

I actually enjoy the amount of cc's in this game. When both teams in pvp have good players and good healers...really the only way to win is to skillfully time your cc's. Of course it can be frustrating, but it goes both ways.

Timing and planning becomes rather irrelevant when everyone has this amount of CC...

I have to interrupt this healer's throughput, I dont really care about planning... I'll use Blind to interrupt BIS big heal.... If I miss it, make it... Who cares because next ill stun him anyways, then ill knock him off the platform.... Perhaps ill root him and nuke him from above then... Etc.

Meanwhile, he also has 3+ CCs for me... So, Instead of precision planning and timing, we're now playing CC Wars, spamming CC at each other because we have so freaking much.

+1, what he said.

Also i agree. It's insane. At end game pvp is a CC fest of staying in one spot for over 15 seconds at a time waiting for your CC break CD to go down.

if u ever stand in the same spot for 15 seconds striahgt in pvp... lol ur opinion is duely disregarded

Timing and planning becomes rather irrelevant when everyone has this amount of CC...

I have to interrupt this healer's throughput, I dont really care about planning... I'll use Blind to interrupt BIS big heal.... If I miss it, make it... Who cares because next ill stun him anyways, then ill knock him off the platform.... Perhaps ill root him and nuke him from above then... Etc.

Meanwhile, he also has 3+ CCs for me... So, Instead of precision planning and timing, we're now playing CC Wars, spamming CC at each other because we have so freaking much.

Yeah in a 1v1, that sounds right. but then you're both immune if you blow them all ASAP..and then you fight it out. Or perhaps you don't blow them all right away and let a heal get through so his resolve bars goes down a bit. You have to make that choice.

But even after all this, pvp is rarely even about 1v1s....its 8v8, and its usually not the best strategy to ever blow all your cc's on one person. In a multi-person fight its the changing of targets and placing of cc's on different people at specific times which determine an effective strategy or not.

Like I said, its frustrating, but it goes both ways. If we reduce the number of cc's or their durations, we will run into a whole new set of problems, and IMO leave us with less strategy to work with.

Yeah in a 1v1, that sounds right. but then you're both immune if you blow them all ASAP..and then you fight it out. Or perhaps you don't blow them all right away and let a heal get through so his resolve bars goes down a bit. You have to make that choice.

But even after all this, pvp is rarely even about 1v1s....its 8v8, and its usually not the best strategy to ever blow all your cc's on one person. In a multi-person fight its the changing of targets and placing of cc's on different people at specific times which determine an effective strategy or not.

Like I said, its frustrating, but it goes both ways. If we reduce the number of cc's or their durations, we will run into a whole new set of problems, and IMO leave us with less strategy to work with.

rightly said chap

Edited by Meluna

Snares, roots, incapacitates and paralyzes bypass resolve. Resolve drains like sieve when these affects are applied, yet you're still unable to control your character. Electrocute also seems to bypass resolve about 60% of the time.

At any rate, I agree with the OP. There is far too much CC in this game.

Snares, roots, incapacitates and paralyzes bypass resolve. Resolve drains like sieve when these affects are applied, yet you're still unable to control your character. Electrocute also seems to bypass resolve about 60% of the time.

At any rate, I agree with the OP. There is far too much CC in this game.

incapacitates do not go through resolve,

and i dont experince the getting stunned while full resolve thing you say

Edited by Meluna

Hopefully he experiences the worst kind of hell and is CC'ed a whole game.

lol im a BM infil shadow one of the squishiest classes in the game.

the only time i ever see "too much CC" as any sort of problem is on voidstar when you don't have a healer, but if u dont have a healer ur gonna be ****ed anyways.

i know its hard to learn how to play a new game so its okay that you newbs think

kockbacks dont count towards resolve and neither do incapacitates, that slows and snares are categorized difrently, and you dont trinket after resolve.

Edited by Notannos
rude

lol im a BM infil shadow one of the squishiest classes in the game.

So you stay stealth nearly every game and gank people when they are low...Bravo?

Im all against xserver warzones, but i think i'll enjoy killing you quite a bit on my BM BH and my soon to be BM Marauder (56).

And lol knockbacks dont add up to Resolve? Wow, what game have you been playing? I get knocked around 4 times and my resolve is finally full.

Edited by Notannos
rude

So you stay stealth nearly every game and gank people when they are low...Bravo?

Im all against xserver warzones, but i think i'll enjoy killing you quite a bit on my BM BH and my soon to be BM Marauder (56).

lol if i did that i wouldnt cap 300k dmg almost every game with over 20k prot ( i know 20k isnt good i should get a lot more but im not the best taunter) and often being top or close to the top in objectives.

make more assumptions about me just because i disagree with you

But cc's arent skillfully used. They're spammed to death, I've been 3v1'd when i was at 15% hp and was stunned...Being that cc's are on such short cd, they're spammed. end of story....

To the OP...it's not about TOO much cd....it's about TOO short of cd's as you outlined. The game wouldnt feel like a spamacious cc fest if ccs were put on 5 minute cd's or longer, or take things like flashbang and make them single target cc. an aoe cc for 8 seconds....i understand that damage breaks it but i swear i never get hit when im flashbanged.

So many things need addressed as far as cc goes...but it's ok, expertise will fix it...rofl.

lol if i did that i wouldnt cap 300k dmg almost every game with over 20k prot ( i know 20k isnt good i should get a lot more but im not the best taunter) and often being top or close to the top in objectives.

make more assumptions about me just because i disagree with you

Interesting, but 400-500k Dmg on my BH (Easy class though), but 400-500k with an average of 75-100k healing per game on my Marauder. It's not difficult.

And it's not so much that you just disagree with me or anything, its the fact you are so blind/rude to the tor community as you make false assumption yourself as you cry out that you are omniscient and omnipotent because you read a resolve post, which you clearly don't fully understand. And one that no one can completely understand because it is bugged and almost always random. To claim you have a broken/bugged mechanic solved in itself is false and a lie and you are clearly here merely just to annoy people.

Edited by Kayse

CC is the core of PvP in MMORPG.

If there was only max 3 sec cc this game would turn into mindless zergfest.

The only thing I hate is knockback. But it's because of Huttball over and over again. 9 out of 10 games I play Huttball. In other WZs even knockback is OK.

Why in the world doew every class have a low CD Root/Snare, Knockback and several stuns?! This has to be the most skill-less PvP environment.... Timing is irrelevant as you have so much CC.

Resolve does nothing... completely useless.

Just as a Gunslinger, I have:

Blind, AOE CC.... - low cd

Root, ranged root - low cd

Stun, melee stun - low cd

Knockback with talented root, AOE/Melee Range - low cd

Knockback #2 (Talented Aimed Shot), Melee range - low cd

This is ridiculous... In SW:TOR everyone is essentially a frost mage + balance druid? This is incredibly frustrating and nearly skill-less completely.

As a gunslinger you have-

Light armor

Low Health

Squishy anti-stealth tactics

Sounds balanced to me. BioWare's strategy is to give everyone a fair chance despite class. If you don't like it, maybe you should head back to WoW.