So, which class has the best/worst companions and best/worst story?

Draile

So far I like Jedi Shadow gameplay, but damn do I not care for Qyzen or the VA. I'm hoping his later companions add some flare, but so far(only level 16) it feels like my story line is mostly about saving grandma jedi and her friends from sickness.

Did the Korriban quests for the Sith Inquisitor and they were pretty nice, though Khem Val just feels like summoning my Felguard from WoW(not that there's anything wrong with that).

Also up to near the end of Coruscant with Jedi Knight. Story so far was decent and the red head girl is pretty awesome, but then the quest bugged out and my companion disappeared...leaving progression to be quite a challenge.

So far it feels like the Sith character stories are more or less about being a decent person in a bad place trying to make the most of it. While the Jedi quests feel like your standard save-the-world affair, even though the consular seems more interesting in digging up old relics than actually taking out the flesh beasts or saving the world.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HATED------- Droid- hands down and it never shuts up.

Now heres the skinny on him after being in closed beta for a freaking year--

HE USED TO TALK MORE -- no joke they actually nerfed his talking(HES USED TO TALK TWICE AS MUCH)... yeah I know .. made you want to scream.

FACT: he is by all accounts the best healer in the game if fully geared well, (this is crazy but sadly true).

You can do some stats off this or if you find our old notes from the beta forums on this.

ALSO we all have one... not that it helps but he makes me so mad.

ALSO CALLED (once in beta) AS THE JAR JAR BINKS of SWTOR Lol..

Edited by Iskareot

Not a big fan of the Khem.

Gets in the way of looting and gathering. I've been twisting away at the last second so he'll fark off over to the side and not get in my way.

Normally he gets in the way of the camera, and I have to pan way out to see what I'm doing. Wouldn't mind a Companion Follow Radius setting in the prefs.

And that false spoken language is just sooo annoying. I would like an option into the prefs to turn off companion spoken dialogue.

USS MAN VAK KEL UHN VUHN ECK UN shutupshutupshutupshutup GOD SHUT UP

Can only speak about imperial agent.

Companions - I'd say they're ok. I really like the personality of my female BH tank companion. So far, however, she is pretty squishy for a tank. I have switched to my bug dude DPS companion. He isn't any tougher, but at least he can lay the beat down.

Story - Amazing! One of the best story lines I've ever experienced in a video game. I just started act 2 and the climax of act 1 was pretty awesome.

Can only speak about imperial agent.

Companions - I'd say they're ok. I really like the personality of my female BH tank companion. So far, however, she is pretty squishy for a tank. I have switched to my bug dude DPS companion. He isn't any tougher, but at least he can lay the beat down.

Story - Amazing! One of the best story lines I've ever experienced in a video game. I just started act 2 and the climax of act 1 was pretty awesome.

The IA story is like a great spy novel/film. I'm skipping side quests now to see what happens next.

As far as Companions.

The Doc is great when I spec Concealment.

Scorpio or Vector are my favorites when I go Medic.

The IA story is like a great spy novel/film. I'm skipping side quests now to see what happens next.

As far as Companions.

The Doc is great when I spec Concealment.

Scorpio or Vector are my favorites when I go Medic.

Awesome to know that it only gets better. I'm a sniper so I switch between shooting stuff ranged DPS or blowing stuff up ranged DPS. I'm looking forward to the doc, but so far Vector has just been much more helpful than Kaliyo. I have heard that if you load her up with +def gear, she gets much better. I'm gonna give that a go. She has a much better dark side personality than Vector.

Edited by sevenex

jedi consulars lizard companion is the worst i have seen. Reason being is because he is a melee tank/dps class that uses AIM and his primary stat. This wouldnt be a problem but trying to upgrade his weapon is a pain in the arse.

I'm not very impressed with the Jedi Consular or the Sith Inquisitor companions.

Jedi stories feel pretty vanilla. Sith ones have a bit more flavor. Saving grace for Jedi Knight is that the female JK voice is fantastic: feminine, sweet, appealing. Even conversations I would rather skip through the 4th time around I listen to her answers because I love her voice.

Smuggler--I only have the first companion so far (Corso) but I like him. Smuggler story/conversation is much more lighthearted after playing the oh-so-heavy Jedi/Sith ones.

Republic Trooper I have not gotten far. Story on the opening world was kind of meh, and the 1st companion you get is pretty off-putting with his attitude.

Jedi Consular has a bad to mediocre story and the majority of her/his companions are either bland or downright horrible. One companion is cool, but he rubs a lot of people the wrong way and he is a pretty bad choice for a force mystic. The female love interest is ultra-nice, but she is so nice that she has close to zero conflicts.

I've played 3 so far.

Sith Sorc - Khem is a great first companion for a healer, but he's so bland and his look never changes. Andronikos is fun as a companion and he can surprisingly tank pretty well. The storyline is pretty awesome through Act 1. The female voice actor for this class is amazingly fantastic. She's got just a little bit of devilishness to her lines, it's awesome. I could listen to her all day long. "That's not fear I smell, is it?" :swoon:

Imperial Operative - Not a fan of Kaliyo at all. The story line is by far the best I've seen. So much fun, and going dark side makes you effing DARK. I legitimately feel bad at some of the decisions I've made. The female voice actor for this class is also fantastic. She doesn't have as much emotion in her lines as the SI, but it works well for the class.

Jedi Guardian - T7 annoys me to no end, and why this class wasn't given a healing companion to start is beyond me. Kira is a lot more fun, but again no way to heal yourself. The story is good, if a little bland. I love being able to mock politicians constantly in Coruscant. Both voice actors are fantastic for this class and it was a really tough choice.

2v-R8:

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

Why can't he ever shut up, he is worse than Jar Jar binks.

There is no way to get around this pest, every time I enter the ship he bothers me.

Every time I kill a mob he repeats himself.

This is by far the most annoying companion.

This character can go down in gaming history as one of the most annoying characters ever made.

That included abomination like Tingle/Slippy/Baby Mario and the freaking dog from duck hunt

I find most characters so/so aside from Talos up to now.

But the droid is just beyond bad.

That said SI quest line is epic.

I have played the trooper and the Imperial agent. I cannot say the trooper storyline was bad... it just wasn't good.

As for the Imperial Agent, we certainly got some love in our story-line. So far, it is the only story-line i have found in which the pragmatic choices are the best rewarded. Make the pragmatic choice and you get rewarded for it, not simply kill everything/ save the princess choices.

yes, i sacrificed 10k people for victory, but my character doesn't have to revel in his power or cry about the job. IA has to be open to dark, you are an assassin, but there is plenty of gray throughout the story-line.

Simply amazing writing, and great voice acting.

Love T7 - he's my own R2D2 :) Story is okay, nothing exciting but could be worse. Also playing a smuggler, Corso Riggs is annoying as hell!!! Story however is great, loved how that old guy tried to get me (playing female). Love playing as a female version of Han Solo :D

I've played 3 so far.

Sith Sorc - Khem is a great first companion for a healer, but he's so bland and his look never changes. Andronikos is fun as a companion and he can surprisingly tank pretty well. The storyline is pretty awesome through Act 1. The female voice actor for this class is amazingly fantastic. She's got just a little bit of devilishness to her lines, it's awesome. I could listen to her all day long. "That's not fear I smell, is it?" :swoon:

Imperial Operative - Not a fan of Kaliyo at all. The story line is by far the best I've seen. So much fun, and going dark side makes you effing DARK. I legitimately feel bad at some of the decisions I've made. The female voice actor for this class is also fantastic. She doesn't have as much emotion in her lines as the SI, but it works well for the class.

Jedi Guardian - T7 annoys me to no end, and why this class wasn't given a healing companion to start is beyond me. Kira is a lot more fun, but again no way to heal yourself. The story is good, if a little bland. I love being able to mock politicians constantly in Coruscant. Both voice actors are fantastic for this class and it was a really tough choice.

Super true!

I love the femInquisitor VA – her delivery (at least the way I’m playing her – primarily light side) – is perfect. She sounds so put upon. And yeah, the story, through Act 1 is amazing and Revel is a great character thus far. I only just hit Act 2.

Ditto for the VA for the Imperial Agent – Jo Wyatt is amazing and frequently hilarious, and the story thus far (as well as the gameplay for the Operative AC) is incredible. I like Kaliyo well enough, even though she’s basically Jack.

I'm personally enjoying the Sith Marauder, and Jaesa is awesome. She doesn't care if I'm gung-ho Empire (like Quinn wants you to be), she doesn't care if I'm avoiding mindless violence (like Vette wants). She wants mindless, horrific violence if you go Dark Side when you acquire her. She gets off on it. I get so much rep with her for being just what I wanted to be: as Dark Side as the game will let me be.

Now if BioWare would just patch in same-sex romances. My Marauder is female, and I wanna romance my little psychopath.

I love the healer companion for the Jedi Consular... go Shadow/Kinetic and you're almost immortal with good Tharan taking care of you.

I don't mind the Lizard either. His background/story is fun.

I guess most people dislike poor Qyzen because he's weird/alien looking. I don't mind that at all. Don't judge a book by it's cover.

BH probably has the best companions. I think BH is one of the only classes that gets a Healer companion right off the bat (Mako, our first companion). We also get a Jawa with a rocket launcher (Blizz)!... when he comes back from crafting missions, he says the most hilarious stuff... and he also surprises the crap out of you with his Jawa talk... you have to experience it, I can't do it full justice by just describing it, lol!

The rest of our companions are also pretty entertaining... Gault is cool.. Torian is OK.. Skag is kinda MEH tho.

Edited by -Kraxis-

Jedi Shadow here (inf tree all the way). Only use my third companion as I need more healing than using a tank to hold aggro. my DPS companions do shorten the time of killing mobs, but it requires me to heal myself end them afterwards, which is repetitive, therefore having a healer is much better. I don't like the first companion, and I think he is poorly done. my 5th companion just didn't feel like we were having anything in common, until the end of the quest line where he suddenly wanted to join me... I don't feel connected to the 5th companion at all, and therefore is no use to me.

The story line is very well done. The first chapter had a great climax where if you aren't careful your special ability could give you lots of trouble at the end. It also made me care as it was full of mysteries till the climax. Very well done overall.

I haven't finished the second chapter, but I do think I know who the 6th companion is going to be. I am excited as it feels it will be a great addition to the team. The little twist so far was unexpected but very surprising and enjoyable. I can't wait to see where it will lead.

I also played some alts as well. I like the Smuggler storyline so far. Very true to the movies roots and to a certain character in the movies. Especially if you play it as a female character. Lots of great dialog options that makes the story fun and certainly adds an immense immersion to it.

BH has an interesting storyline. First companion is fine, but feels... way to light sided if that makes sense. Male voice acting is amazing, and nothing beats his ******ery.

I think overall BW has proven once more that they can write great stories that fits the overall setting very well. Once again BW did not dissapoint. Lets hope they will keep up the good work!