High Guildship cost = No new guilds?

Kuruus

Sure, established guilds may or may not have this sort of money available to them, but what about going forward? How will anyone make a new guild and have a hope to get it off the ground? They will not have a large base of dedicated donators to fund them. The ships will hardly be optional with the buffs and missions attached to them.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, established guilds may or may not have this sort of money available to them, but what about going forward? How will anyone make a new guild and have a hope to get it off the ground? They will not have a large base of dedicated donators to fund them. The ships will hardly be optional with the buffs and missions attached to them.

I don't know... guild members will have to work for it. 50 million credits for 5 or more people isn't really that difficult. I can easily earn 10 million in a couple weeks doing nothing but killing stuff and dailies while only playing a couple hours a day. It doesn't have to be instant gratification. Yes it is a credit sink, but with the easy of credits in the game we need something to spend them on.

Unless they're obscenely overpowered buffs, Guild Ships won't have much impact on PVP or PVE. And I highly doubt that they'll be all that powerful.

Guild ships are likely to be mostly cosmetic and bragging rights and I'm suspecting that's what Conquest will be, too.

Unless they're obscenely overpowered buffs, Guild Ships won't have much impact on PVP or PVE. And I highly doubt that they'll be all that powerful.

Guild ships are likely to be mostly cosmetic and bragging rights and I'm suspecting that's what Conquest will be, too.

I think the buffs might be hinted at in the Patch Notes regarding the GSI Satellite Support Service. Maybe not the gear bolstering but maybe this:

" When combat is detected, a Medical Probe will be deployed to administer long-lasting, refreshing Kolto, healing you for 2% every 3 seconds while you remain in combat."

I could see them making that a Guild Ship buff.

I think the buffs might be hinted at in the Patch Notes regarding the GSI Satellite Support Service. Maybe not the gear bolstering but maybe this:

" When combat is detected, a Medical Probe will be deployed to administer long-lasting, refreshing Kolto, healing you for 2% every 3 seconds while you remain in combat."

I could see them making that a Guild Ship buff.

That's a thing for Makeb. They're making it easier for everyone to get through the 51-55 leveling content.

That's a thing for Makeb. They're making it easier for everyone to get through the 51-55 leveling content.

Yes, I realize that. But I find it interesting that the mechanism for the buff is to have it applied from something in orbit. The exact way they described Guild Flagship buffs. It's possible that it's a template for them. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

Yes, I realize that. But I find it interesting that the mechanism for the buff is to have it applied from something in orbit. The exact way they described Guild Flagship buffs. It's possible that it's a template for them. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

And you can get Harvestable Nodes from Planetary conquest to your stronghold. Dunno if it's solo or guild one.

You are free to strive for it! They clearly said it is something guilds will strive for. That means you will have to take up a collection and work for it. Work hard. There are already far too many tiny useless guilds anyways. A lot of people probably quit because they were in a crappy guild and never found good groups or help. Edited by Kourage

I think that when you couple the high cost of guild ships with the conquest stuff, small guilds are being pushed to the wayside. If you want any chance of having a major part in the fun, you will have to disband and join a mega guild. The rich get richer.

For the record, I love the idea of the conquest stuff, but I stand by the notion that these developments only hurt small guilds.

For the record, I love the idea of the conquest stuff, but I stand by the notion that these developments only hurt small guilds.

That's why I think this game should have alliance options so smaller guilds can band together without losing their identity as a guild but still be able to get together with other guilds like it to do stuff like conquests or even ops.

To the OP's point...

I doubt its the end of new guilds... these predictions have been made plenty of times before.

I will concede that it will make recruiting harder for new guilds... as the 10% Bonus XP and Rep XP have already done... but guilds still form. People still join.

Honestly, if the reason you are with your current guild is for the ship or the xp only... then you're doing it wrong. Guilds are meant to be social... groups of like minded individuals who enjoy playing together...

If you have a particular play style you enjoy (be that PvE, RP, PvP, or whatever)... your enjoyment can only be enhanced by joining with a group of like minded folks.

And you can get Harvestable Nodes from Planetary conquest to your stronghold. Dunno if it's solo or guild one.

If they are useable for my private strongholds, then I would leave with all my alts smaller guilds in which they are to join large guilds to get those as soon as possible. I think this will hurt smaller guild in general a lot, regardless how minor the bonuses will be.

I think that when you couple the high cost of guild ships with the conquest stuff, small guilds are being pushed to the wayside. If you want any chance of having a major part in the fun, you will have to disband and join a mega guild. The rich get richer.

You read people's posts you will see there are people who single handedly can buy this and they are 1 person not a mega guild dont be dramatic credits are not that hard to get in this game unless no one in you guild gets off the starter planet.

You read people's posts you will see there are people who single handedly can buy this and they are 1 person not a mega guild dont be dramatic credits are not that hard to get in this game unless no one in you guild gets off the starter planet.

You are talking the exception, not the norm. Most people cannot swing 50 million.

Edited by TheBBP

OMG! You are right!

And new players in the game won't be able to buy Dewback Mounts off the GTN within their first week of play either!

They might as well not play the game!

*Sigh*

New guilds will have to do what new guilds always do... they'll have to work on growing bigger and better.

And the ships ARE optional. The buffs only estend to ONE planet at a time... and you'll have to "conquer" that planet before that even happens.

You are talking the exception, not the norm. Most people cannot swing 50 million.

True.

But the average Guild (that has 5+ people) apparently can afford the Ships.

I'm curious however whether this is based on the median or the mean.

If 50M is based on the mean rather than the median it might be skewed due to Guilds with 900M in their bank.

I think a lot of the fussing over the price of the ships could have been avoided if there was some sort of "guild alliance" option built into this system (ships and conquests.)

That way, people who are legitimately attached to their smaller guilds (maybe it is a bunch of real life friends) - could hook up with other similar guilds and work together to do this stuff. The prices, etc, would stay the same.

Maybe eventually they would want to merge with the guilds in the alliance - but they wouldn't be forced to.

I think a lot of the fussing over the price of the ships could have been avoided if there was some sort of "guild alliance" option built into this system (ships and conquests.)

totally agree with this and think it should have been developed right alongside capital ships because bioware Austin knew this response was going to happen, we all did

another idea that would silence both sides of the argument would be if guild capital ships were actually earned through the type of achievement tracks that were developed for planetary conquests but without the competition. set some arbitrary point cost and earn the ship that why. its not being handed to anyone, no one has to "donate" their hard earned personal credit supply for a GM toy, and players / guild members would be contributing / progressing by just logging in and doing what they do anyway, not just repeatedly grinding content they may not want to do for the fastest credits.

that way it would be hard, it would be earned, petty guilds could still stroke their epeen by getting it first, and it would feel like a guild accomplishment not just a guild purchase, it would also ease the hit to our credits and free up more for players to spend on strongholds instead of choosing between one or the other, since strongholds are personal and capital ships are ideally more community [with a dictator :D] I am going to wait and see how much scamming, stealing, ect and how toxic the guild community becomes once this goes live

Edited by Vis-Tecum

But then you'd have small guilds complaining how large guilds form even larger alliances that are pushing them to the side.

Why would any of this happen? :eek::confused:

because whether its real life or in game people + money = drama

it should be no surprise people steal from guilds in game and GM's can get a power high and kick members over petty personal reasons. throw large sums of credits in to the mix and there are endless possibilities for a terrible player experience.

especially since guild drama is no concern of bioware [rightfully so] and if a gm quits it defaults to someone your once trusted guild you donated a ton of credits to for a maxed guild ship can quickly become a very toxic space and then you have to walk away from it all with nothing. also throw in the elite mentalities of certain core groups of players who feel that some aren't contributing enough regardless of if its justified and want x members or raid team 3 kicked out even though they have paid and contributed [yes it will happen]

there is just so much potential for d-baggery

Edited by Vis-Tecum