Security Key available for preorder Dec 15th avail

dardack

To each their own, I guess.

Yea, just I used to not have a smartphone. Now I do, but it also says SELECT android, so there's that. I've forgotten my phone, but my dongle is on my keys, so I can't leav ehome without my keys. Stuff like that.

I won't use phone authenticators ever again. Twice I've had a software update to my phone break the authenticator's certificate which resulted in a painful process of calling support and trying to get them to fix my account (after asking several hundred questions in an attempt to accuse me of trying to steal the account.)

Now... this was in 2 other games. But the concept is the same. If anything changes on your phone, such as the version of the software running, the authenticator is considered compromised and stops working until you have customer support re-validate it manually.

There are some ways around this, such as removing the authenticator from your account before doing every software update on your phone, then readding it afterwards. But who wants to deal with that kind of hassle?

Dongle for me :cool:

Edited by Qanen

Where do you see the phone ones

http://www.swtor.com/info/security-key

Download Free (Coming Soon)

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Mobile Security Key

Enjoy these benefits:

Easy to set up and use

Convenient and free app that displays the code on your mobile device

Available on multiple platforms: iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and select Android and Blackberry devices

-HM

Edited by Hollow_Man

OH it says those are fine. It just says SELECT android/blackberry. Just curious what select means.

I'd imagine that it's just a catchall phrase since you cannot ever be 100 percent sure it will run on every version and iteration of Android devices. That is the one thing the Iwhatever has going for it, if it runs on one it will run on any.

I'd suppose that if you have an Android device from the past few years you will be okay. Of course, that could all be wrong, too. :D