Companions 101: Aric Jorgan

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just gonna add which ones I'd like to see next for every class.

Knight: Either Doc or Lord Scourge. Doc is one of the funniest characters in the game while not even fully intended as a Comic Relief kind of companion. The fact that I'm a girl Jedi (and a DS one with little regard to jedi scrupules) of course makes him extra enjoyable. Scourge is definately one of the most interesting characters. I like his cold, calculated, psychotic and manipulative personality without being on a constant bloodrush. (the type of sith I started referring to as the Gentleman Sith)

Knight NOTs: Droid (didn't remember the exact name). Most annoying companion in the game.

Consular: Class really got the short straw companionwise. I only really like Tharan. He's a total whiner and I like it. He's probably the companion most similar to me in the entire game. And Holiday's b-adas-s too (in a not so b-adas-s way). Both are incredibly annoying companions, but the type I like to be annoyed by. Qyzen's somewhat decent, but I don't tend to like non humanoids, with a few notable exceptions.

Consular NOTs: Nadia and Iresso. First one's boring, the latter, I hardly even remember he's there - and he's my romance option. :/

Trooper: Has the best team on Rep side. I like them all. First of all, I play the corrupt, violent mercenary who just happens to still be great at his job - and he knows it. Elara is hilarious to me. She's an intelligent, ethical, attractive, talented young woman who should really despise me - but she still wants me. :D Aric's great, but he's already been done. 4X is the SINGLE MOST HILARIOUS companion in the game. I've used him for leveling a while, and the remarks he made during class quest conversations are terrific. Especially when I made another dark side choice, and he interprets it in the most heroic way possible. (that first scene on Tatooine, dark side males who had him out at the time know what I'm talking about). But Tanno is still my favourite. Probably because he's the ideal partner in crime for my guy. I also found him to be more charismatic than I though he would be.

Trooper NOTs: Well, my least favourite is Yuun, but actually I still like him. So no NOTs here.

Smuggler: Corso, Risha or Guss. Probably Risha in the end. Corso's mainly great if you're female, otherwise he's probably a bit bland. Risha is definately one of the more interesting ones. She isn't a pure charicature, but she's not a weak girl like Temple or Nadia. She's got the good smuggler streetsmart vibe going. Guss is comic relief, but mostly good at it. (and he's the Heavy from TF2 :o)

Smuggler NOTs: Bowdaar. Snore.

Sith Warrior: Great crew. Vette's the best, but has already been done. I'm one of the Quinn fans. He's truly fun, especially if you romance him. (you get to be all agressive over him and make him feel uncomfortable). I'm also dying to read his "Life on the Fury" bit. Lt. Pierce, even though I'm light side, I found very likeable. Also a surprisingly well written companion story, which is a bit unusual for companions you get after lvl 30.

Warrior NOTs: Broonmark. What a let down. LS Jaesa is a bit boring at times, but I felt she did contribute to my own story quite well.

Inquisitor: Andronikos or mr. T. Drellik. Andronikos and my guy really had this sort of twisted friendship going. He's quite cool and just violent enough. T Drellik is great. And you can tell me whatever you want, but he sure is flamboyant. :D It's the sort of companion that's great fun to be dealing with.

Inqui NOTs: Khem. He's just lacking personality. His story wasn't interesting to me either. The only moments I liked him were the ones where he

"gained" some personality

BH: Gault's the only one I really liked. The kind of smooth talking, backstabbing personality that gets me going. Blizz is cute.

BH NOTs: Torian is very like Iresso. Well, he's got the Mandalorian thing going, but he's too much of a baby to make it work. Other than that, he's got nothing to him.

Agent: Great crew. Kaliyo is THE BEST COMPANION EVARR, and I'm happy she was number one in the series. :) Vector, SCORPIO and Lokin are all great too. Though the Iron Lady has a disappointing story. I mean, it's okay, but it should have been MORE.

Agent NOTs: Temple. I honestly don't get why people like her (when they have Kaliyo to like instead). She's one of the prettiest companions, sure, but she's also a bland girl without any personality of her own (the type of guys who like her are way too much into gender based stereotypes imo - just kidding, bros). People say her accent is sexy, which is true, but her voice is too shrill to make it work. Elara's much better at it.

Always liked Aric. He does nothing for me as LI but feels so ... right?.. as a trooper companion. Like this is the pare that simply must work together, a real team. Once you meet him, it's hard to picture anyone else on his place.

Can we get another "manly man" for your column? Zenith? :) Please!

Has anyone else pointed out yet that Aric Jorgan's lip-syncing is not functioning properly? Whenever he talks, all that happens to his model is his jaw moves up and down, so his lips stretch back and forth in a semi-fixed position while he's speaking. It's very jarring. Could this please be fixed, something soon?

Also, he's the only Cathar in the game so far as I've seen that has green scleras. All other Cathar that I've seen have had white, well... eye whites. Is there a particular reason for this, that should be mentioned in-game, or is this a bug and needs to be corrected?

Seriously?? who picks Jorgan as a favorite companion?? he's a pain in the butt more often then not, no fun light or dark side, and for the most part, always seems to look like he took a blaster bolt to the crotch. Sorry, but i'd rather see some more of the fun companions out there, like blizz, or risha maybe

I find Aric Jorgen adorable. I mean he starts out grumpy (and he stays a bit grumpy) but he's ridiculously cute in romance content, and his neutral content is pretty great as well.

the companions I'd love to hear more about is Elara, Vector, Doctor Lokin. well, I'd like to hear more about most of them, but those 3 off the top of my head.

I'm OK with any companion being highlighted, especially those romeance-able.

So far I've gone thru all republic side storylines plus the Agent, and I'm about to begin Alderaan on Sith Warior.

Trooper: of all the Havoc members, I've found Aric most interesting, and M1-4X most hilarious in his ultrapatriotism. Elara Dorne was kinda too "rules above all" for my liking and Tanno Vik downright not fitting. I guess I share many viepoints of Aric myself... Yuun is just ... alien.

Smuggler: Corso is ok as a co-pilot, but it is in the romance side where he shines if you happen to be female. Bowdaar is a Wookie, and that is about all about him. Risha is great , multifaceted character, and her romance is nice too. Akaavi is somewhat dull to me, but if you like our romance armored, head on her side, but watch out for possible catfights over you... Guss is funniest crew member out there. I've spent most of the later storyline hanging out with him and trolling enemy NPCs.

Knight: T7 is better Jedi than my character! but of course not exactly a romance material... On the other hand Kira is highly unorthodox for a Jedi - and very fun to run around with if you like her sharp wit. Doc is fun too, especially when you get to know his REAL name. Sgt.Rusk is so bland I barely remember him. Lord Scourge is quite interesting in his Sith ways, but unless youre total darksider you'll end up clashing with him often.

Consular: Qyuzen is very interesting with his alien hunter code and honorable view of the world. I ended up respecting him much. Tharan is total tech-otaku, down to his relationship with Holiday. Zenith is quite a hitman in his mentality of no holds barred guerilla sniper, but definitely oce you gain his trust it gets better. Iresso is coll nice soldier, and definitely has one of better backstories. Nadia finally is a bit naive, but her dedication to you makes her a really sweet romance.

Agent: Kaliyo is a bombshell, love her or hate - you cant ignore. I personally ended likeing her extremely well.

Vector seemed a little bland to me, but his diplomatic ways are perfect counterbalance if you dont like Kaliyo's explosive ways. I spent much of the later game with Lokin because his healing effectivenes matched his cold analytical mindset similar to that of of my agent, with only occasional softness of her lightside making him a bit unsettled. Ensign Temple was not far from my character - imperial loyalist with conscience. I practically never went out with SCORPIO as she was just a bit too machinelike for my taste.

Sith Warrior (until lvl 25 so far): Vette is second coming of Mission Vao, from the very start amusing and likeable. As for Quinn, I found teasing him with flirting extreme fun (my SW is female), and expect it to develop into great romance.

Query: Since these are meant to be supplements to the Companions Holonet Pages, should not these blogs be linked to from the page of the Companion they are for once they are complete?

Just seems it would be a good idea for the future. Once all of these blogs are completed it may be hard to find them if they are not linked from the Companions Holonet Pages.

Also, I want to know more about Scorpio.

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar

I like Aric although so far I keep out MX-41 (?) the most. I can't really imagine romancing a companion, especially on my team (seems to much like romance at work), so I guess he will have to live on alone.

I would like to see more about T7 for the knight. I like him alot.

It's been a long time since I leveled my Commando, but I remember thinking Aric was Garrus. Sure he's a little more serious than Garrus but once I got more conversations with him, he started to loosen up.

I do like how he's such an awesome sniper, he uses an assualt cannon to make sniping more difficult...

Next companion.... Since it's Imp Side... Hmmm... If they don't cover a companion class they already did...

Inquisitor - Talos Drellik - Watching my friend play her Inquis I wasn't sure how I'd feel about him. I figured another scheming or bloodthirsty Imperial officer. I wasn't expecting... Talos. He's very out there and more than once I had to restart a converstion just because I started laughing and missed part of the conversation. He also stands out compared to the other members of the inquisitors entrouge.

Bounty Hunter - Gault - I loved his lines during the Alderon missions. His reason for joining the bounty hunter... I'd love to see his thoughts on the other members of the hunter's ship, paticuarly that kid you pick up on Taris.

If they repeat the warrior or agent... Then either Pierce or Lokin.

Edited by shadowedwolf

Inquisitor - Talos Drellik - Watching my friend play her Inquis I wasn't sure how I'd feel about him. I figured another scheming or bloodthirsty Imperial officer. I wasn't expecting... Talos. He's very out there and more than once I had to restart a converstion just because I started laughing and missed part of the conversation. He also stands out compared to the other members of the inquisitors entrouge.

This. Talos is from different reality. I just have had last conversation with him and I just like him.

B.R.

Leigabar

Jorgan is my favorite romance hands down, and the most normal romance aside from iresso. His character is so fleshed out and I know its because you get him at your first companion. He did exactly what he was written to do. I was so angry when I left Ord Mantell on my freshly rolled femTrooper and standing on fleet with this pissed off squad member beside me I raged to my guild about how mean he had been to me and how he thought I wasn't going to amount to anything.

Then one of my guildmates pointed out that he was my romantic interest. I raged harder. How incredibly unfair that I had to romance Grumpy Kittypants.

Since I started my Trooper as a Combat Medic, getting Elara was redundant for me so Jorgan stayed with me even longer. I was already grudgingly beginning to like him and he was grudgingly beginning to respect me. On Nar Shaddaa he stole my heart. I flirted like crazy there and Jorgan made sure he kept the object of my interest at bay. Unrequited feelings! /happysigh

When I got Jorgan's first companion's quest, I was utterly disappointed that I was about 5 levels too low for it. But by then, he had his claws in me. I happily took him everywhere. When he opened the door to make the first move, I took it, and have been writing fan fic ever since.

For the next companion I'd love to see Tallos Drellik. But as it looks like they are getting many of the romancable companions done first, maybe Revel instead? I can never pronounce that guy's first name if I'm not looking at it.

He's supposed to be a sniper. In fact he claims to have been in the most elite sniper squad in the Republic. He can't use sniper rifles (last time I checked). It's silly. Bioware needs to match story with mechanics more I think.

lol no kidding, one second hes talking about hitting targets at 800 meters, the next hes shooting them from 10 feet away with...his assault cannon.