Why is BW sitting on Paid Character Transfers?

Graydon

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also want this.. I have 2 50's a 36 and a 27 stuck on an East coast RPPVP server. Every member of my guild got moved to the west coast PVP server back in the day because they opened up that option after our first transfer.

It's a bit of a downer to not have my 2 legacy buffs, my 70+ valor toon and my level 27 legacy on our new home, the bastion...

Maybe they are actually slightly concerned about faction balance? I have yet to play a game that didn't total screw up server faction balances with transfers, Aion being the worst offender. They don't even pretend to care anymore, if you have the $50 you are free to move as you with and to hell with balance issues.

Have you played this game for any length of time? (actually i do not care) The term - Believe it when i see it, comes to mind... :rolleyes:

I havent seen very much from BW, therefore i'm inclined to disbelieve much from BW.

Sounds to me like you're just covering for not reading carefully.

We're unlikely to get character transfers this year (2013)

Oh and -

Bioware and their forum enforcers dont like you pointing out their failures, perhaps if they didnt fail so much on subjects that seem to pish people off they wouldnt have to go around deleting so much.

sustain.

sounds like u r the noob of swtor,

don't u remember bw said no GF in this game,

no combat log,

but today?

read history b4 u post wrong things.

And yet what I posted was correct. Factually and grammatically. And I'm unaware of BW at some point losing the right to change their minds.

And yet what I posted was correct. Factually and grammatically. And I'm unaware of BW at some point losing the right to change their minds.

No offense, because I have no dog in this fight, but I find it hard to believe that you find it hard to believe that some people have a "believe it when we see it" attitude when it comes to statements from EAware, considering the past year.

No offense, because I have no dog in this fight, but I find it hard to believe that you find it hard to believe that some people have a "believe it when we see it" attitude when it comes to statements from EAware, considering the past year.

I've been playing since they start and I don't have a lot of complaints. A lot of what BW does makes sense from the perspective of a business.

Of course, I don't do operations, PVP and so on. So I can just continue on my merry little PVE way not caring about 95% of what most people here complain about. :cool:

Our entire guild switched PoT5 because of low pop and barely any WZ ques on Jung Ma. Each of us have roughly 3-4 toons we would be willing to pay to move.

It kills me to have toons on a server that we had to abandon because Bioware decided to leave it out of the massive server mergers just because it had an RP in the name.

They don't have an automated system for character tansfers... end of story. Transfers are currently being performed manually by technicians with minimal training copy/pasting toons from one server to another, or updating a database entry that sets the server associated with each toon. That's why the requests are being done through the web sight, and requested/confirmed with email.

They also had a problem with how to get paid for the service. $5 per toon for a transfer is a little steep, and micro transactions are roughed up hard by the credit card companies (from the merchant perspective). Now that they've got the CC shop for micro transactions & they've already anounced new character copy to the PTS. I'm sure we'll see the ability for paid transfers using the game UI fairly quickly. it could even happen before the RotHC.

They want to get this working, because it will make money. So you can bet it will happen as soon as they have an automated system set up.

Edited by Cleet_Xia

They don't have an automated system for character tansfers... end of story. Transfers are currently being performed manually by technicians with minimal training copy/pasting toons from one server to another, or updating a database entry that sets the server associated with each toon. That's why the requests are being done through the web sight, and requested/confirmed with email.

They also had a problem with how to get paid for the service. $5 per toon for a transfer is a little steep, and micro transactions are roughed up hard by the credit card companies (from the merchant perspective). Now that they've got the CC shop for micro transactions & they've already anounced new character copy to the PTS. I'm sure we'll see the ability for paid transfers using the game UI fairly quickly. it could even happen before the RotHC.

They want to get this working, because it will make money. So you can bet it will happen as soon as they have an automated system set up.

I would love to know how this is the case. Character transfers has been done twice already and I'm just taking a guess here but probably more than 75% of all characters were moved during those transfers.

Do you think that they copy and pasted entire servers together? No it was an automated system and it still exists. Go into your my account and you will see that 2nd down on the left is character transfer. Try to use it and it says not available at this time, but it's there already.

The real question is, and why the title of this thread is appropriate; Is what are they waiting for? I personally don't think that this should be a paid transfer at all. It wasn't my fault that my entire guild quit because of unilateral decisions made by Bioware. Yet people are lining up with fistfuls of cash waving it at them and they still won't bite.

I do truly feel sorry for the people stuck on APAC servers. They should be given top priority. There's a thread started in June 2012 begging for some kind of consolidation and they're basically still being ignored.

This will also lay the foundation for our new live character transfer system that will be coming later this year.

You didn't read the state of the game post very carefully, did you? :rolleyes:

Amusing. You honestly believe Bioware will live up to that?

Totally agree, I would love to transfer my characters to a less populated server so I don't have to deal with the server being full (as is the case for me right this second). As a paid subscriber I hate when i can't play due to a server being full. I would much rather switch to somewhere less populated

When I came back to SWTOR, I was defaulted into a PVP server. Which I didn't realize until later. Yes, I know, I should have been more observant, but whatever. I have a higher level (not capped) juggernaut on that server that I haven't touched because of griefers. No one bothered me too much until I got to Quesh and two lvl 50s were camping major lanes and medcenters, I literally couldn't play the game without getting ambushed. I now have two characters on a RP server that I play, but I would love to go back to my toons on the PVP server, if that whole incident on Quesh hadn't completely soured the experience for me.

I have no problem with PVP in warzones and the like, but when I literally can't play the game, whether it be side quests or class quests without getting hassled, it just gives me a bad experience and I don't want to go near it.

I don't care if its paid (just as long as its not some outrageous amount), I'd love to get the toons I play the most on the PVP server over onto the RP server, even if its one at a time. I want to continue playing them, but players on PVP servers tend to be ***** (not all, but you do get the occasional douchebag who can't resist playing "whose is bigger") .

That is all.

Just bumping this up to show support. I hope this feature gets implemented soon (before RoTHC). I have a very lonely 50 on a euro server.

I also hope the transfer comes with a optional race/gender/name swap like... that other game. But maybe it's too much to ask?

Edited by cach-x

I've already used character transfer when the servers were consolidated, so it does exist, as many already know. I can't unerstand why the Dev's have not made this feature a top priority. I stopped playing for several months simply because I could not transfer characters to a different server. It is getting to the point where I will stop playing altogether, again, but this time permanently. And taking my subscription payments with me.

Do you see this, Bioware? If you want to keep your loyal players(subscribers), you better make this a top priority. It's simple: The account selects which legacy is priimal and to which server it will be transferred to. Then any characters already on that server and that are not in that legacy, are added/reset to the primal legacy.

I'm tired of the developers obfuscating on this issue. Delay the expansion if you have to, but make this your top priority. The post from Dev's about how this is important and will be implemented "at some indeterminate time" are getting old. It's been over a year since the game was launched, and over 6 months since it imploded from dozens of servers to just a handfull.

GET IT DONE ALREADY. Listen to your customers, they are your only assets.