REST xp and BOOST xp does NOT stack

yoshua

Just a heads up. I am a level 6 agent and I tested with rest and boost combined xp.

Rest + Boost killing level 4 droid on hutta: 150xp

depleted my rest so

Boost only killing same droid: 150xp

thats fine, its a good bonus, just wanted to let people know who have stacked up rest xp not to use the boosts until you deplete your rest xp

Thanks for the heads up. That's really dumb, but it's still a nice item. I guess the text stating that it doesn't stack with XP bonuses from other sources doesn't just mean other boosts. Sorry you had to find out the hard way, but thanks for letting everyone know.

I thought it was nice that they made the XP boosts run on /played time only. But if true, this is incredibly stupid and makes them a complete ripoff.

You get rest XP (doubled kill XP) because you did not play for a while. There is no excuse for an item that "boosts XP from all sources by 25%" to rip off all your rest XP as well. With a full rested bar and an XP boost running, you should either get 225% of the normal XP for each kill, or 250%, depending on whether they add or multiply the rested and boost bonuses. Getting ripped off of one because you have the other going is just ignorant, and it sounds like the "boost" (25% buff) is screwing you out of the rested (100%) buff, while still depleting your rested bar.

If you're trying to make the best use of rested XP, then this prevents you from using an XP buff at all until your rested XP bar is depleted, which means you're losing out on the 25% bonus for all of the mission completion bonuses during that time (probably on the whole a bigger loss than losing the kill XP only).

Either way, it's broken and needs to be fixed. It should do what it says on the tin and boost all XP by 25%, not negate a bonus that was already built into the game as a basic mechanic, in order to replace it with a smaller bonus.

Edited by Heezdedjim

You guys are missing the point of the item. First off it is geared more the free to play players than us as it puts them back on equal footing xp gain wise. Also you now don't have a reason to log out in a cantina to have a rested xp rate. If I so choose I can now log out where i was questing once my rested state is gone. Then log back in after a while and not have to run to the area I was at or QT or ride a flight path. Any of these is only a minor nuisance at most so no real harm but it nice to not have to do those things. Also I have not tested the if they stack but I don't care really if they don't.

You guys are missing the point of the item. First off it is geared more the free to play players than us as it puts them back on equal footing xp gain wise.

Exactly!

And it says right on the tool tips that it does not stack.

Edited by Andryah

I don't like this at all, why shouldn't it benefit all players? When it said it won't stack with other buff, I thought it meant you couldn't stack different type of xp boost- such flashpoint, major xp buff, valor, etc. not rest xp. The first one makes sense, but this just makes them pointless for most subs players. I wonder how many people don’t know this and are using xp buff while still having rest xp, and wasting them.

I totally was going to use one of the minor space mission buff for an alt, but seeing she been sitting in rest zone all this time she got a ton of rest xp. I'd have to fly like 400 or more space mission to use it up, not including any she gains while standing in her ship (or when get off). I hope this is bug or they change it.

:(

Holy crap, how can you ppl even complain about THIS???

gosh darn... Here you lots of xp boost consumables, that u can use after your rested bonus is depleted, and still thats not good enuff?? Holy christ what are the world coming to... I feel really sad for the devs...

BTW, this post is not aimed at the OP :)

Edited by nicosand

It may not stack for mob XP but it does stack for quest completion XP. At least the major boost to all sources does for my level 40 Op.

You don't get any bonus from completing missions when you have rest xp. It only applies to killing mobs. Thus, the bonus xp for non killing mobs should help.

So I decide to test this out, as some seem to not be getting any extra xp while other appear to. Using my alt to do a space mission without the buff she was getting 1993xp with rest xp on at the end of the mission. Though killing fighter didn't change during the mission with the buff on at the end of the mission I got 2493 this was with rest xp on.

So it appears to me the rest xp isn't affecting the results, I think there might be a bug causing some people not to get correct reward.

You don't get any bonus from completing missions when you have rest xp. It only applies to killing mobs. Thus, the bonus xp for non killing mobs should help.

^That not how it work on my space mission. Mob still give 8 xp- 24exp per kill, with or without the buff, but the mission reward was buffed by the corrrect amount.

Edited by SithEmpress

The Rested XP and the Boosted XP do not stack. The reason you get more for using the boosts, however, is because Rested XP doubles your original XP, increasing it by 100%. The boosts grant you 150% extra, including the ability to boost XP received from quests.

hmmm...

I think people need to read the tooltip better...

For example:

Minor/Major Space Misson Experience Boost

Use: Increase all experiance given from COMPLETING space missions by 25% for 1/3 hour(s).

Minor/Major Class Mission Experience Boost

Use: Increase all experiance given from COMPLETING class missions by 25% for 1/3 hour(s).

On these xp boosts, as far I can see, you dont get the extra xp for killing anything, only when u finish the missions. And as far as I can see, they should "stack" on the rested bonus, since that does not give you more xp for handing in completed missions.

Then we have the Minor/Major Experience Boost

Use: Increases ALL experiance gaind by 25% for 1/3 hour(s).

If you use this in lets say a space mission, you should get the extra xp for BOTH killing enemies, AND completing the mission. Now, on the spesific boosts like the flashpoint, space mission, class mission and exploration boosts, it also spesifies that

Only one experiance boost can be active at any time
. But on the Minor/Major Experiance Boost it does not say that. That might just be a bug and it is intended to to, OR it means that that perticular boost does stack on rested bonus.

So to all of you guys that have tested this, make sure you also mention which boost you're using, since they are clearly quite different!

they do stack.

I was getting 4,000-6,000XP for killing elite mobs on Belsavis

Actually, I just tested this as well. My wife and I just came back from a couple months off and both the XP boost along with rested did indeed stack...so either OP is experiencing a bug or maybe reading the UI logs wrong, but I was definitely seeing a stacking of the two and I tested xp gained from the same mobs at the same level before using xp boost with rested and then after buffing myself with xp boost while rested.

TL;DR - From my testing, they do indeed stack.