Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly or they have contracts that they have to honour, which is amusing considering they have behaved in a completely dishonourable fashion to every oceanic player. Five months to make a decision is beyond pathetic and these delaying tactics are disgusting and contemptible.

If they can't for what ever reason implement these changes soon they can at least have the honesty to inform their customers.

They can still tell us that though... No harm in outlining contractual issue for servers or whatever.

I doubt it will work. Players who play on pve server will not want to play on the new merge server if the new serve were to be a pvp server. The same is true of players on pvp server playing on a pve server. Both solutions will cause a lot of discontent and most likely high number of players quitting. Finally, if whenever BW allows transfers off server there will be little point in merging the server if players transfer off and the server once again becomes a low pop server.

I think it's pretty obvious they wouldn't make the combined server be a PVP server.

And according to the survey I conducted 85% of people across the 3 servers want to merge, and are unhappy wiht the current state of APAC server population. The discontent comes from people worried about losing their names, or that the PVP group, or non RP group will harass them. If the population increases there are those that would move back, or even start playing again. More so than those that want to leave if, or even if the servers are merged.

There is no more need for discussion.

It's time for action.

Ea/Bioware management. I find your lack of initiative disturbing.

(makes hand into a chokey hold)

Didn't know I could do that over the forum did ya!

Can we please get an update on this?

We were trying to form an ops group for the event world bosses last night and it was PAINFUL. It took forever to get 16 players. By the time we finally had the group and tried (and failed) once, I had to go. This on the 2nd day of an event.. :/

I think it's pretty obvious they wouldn't make the combined server be a PVP server.

And according to the survey I conducted 85% of people across the 3 servers want to merge, and are unhappy wiht the current state of APAC server population. The discontent comes from people worried about losing their names, or that the PVP group, or non RP group will harass them. If the population increases there are those that would move back, or even start playing again. More so than those that want to leave if, or even if the servers are merged.

There is no more need for discussion.

It's time for action.

Ea/Bioware management. I find your lack of initiative disturbing.

(makes hand into a chokey hold)

Didn't know I could do that over the forum did ya!

If it were 3 pve servers, I'd say they would of merged them months ago, there's no way they will merge these servers, it will be transfers, and they have said they are working hard to get it in place.

Why on earth would they subject themselves to a whole new round of aggro when transfers will achieve the same thing?

By letting each individual decide what they want, they appease far more than any other way than has been suggested.

...it will be transfers, and they have said they are working hard to get it in place.

Why on earth would they subject themselves to a whole new round of aggro when transfers will achieve the same thing?

That sounds plausible. Implement transfers first in response to repeated demands from players in all territories and be seen to be in touch with the wider playerbase. Revisit the APAC servers once the populations have settled down. EA/Bioware won't be eager to court the sort of negative publicity that they will attract if they reduce the number of servers again. It can be spun to look like failure, even when it doesn't represent any decline in the game's population.

That sounds plausible. Implement transfers first in response to repeated demands from players in all territories and be seen to be in touch with the wider playerbase. Revisit the APAC servers once the populations have settled down. EA/Bioware won't be eager to court the sort of negative publicity that they will attract if they reduce the number of servers again. It can be spun to look like failure, even when it doesn't represent any decline in the game's population.

I agree they aren't going to rush into a merge if they can avoid it. They obviously had to merge the US and EU servers because they had the population spread out over far too many servers. I think they will try and attract more of their lost subs back and more new players to the game first before they resort to a merge. That said i am starting to favour a merge because our progression is suffering.

If it were 3 pve servers, I'd say they would of merged them months ago, there's no way they will merge these servers, it will be transfers, and they have said they are working hard to get it in place.

By letting each individual decide what they want, they appease far more than any other way than has been suggested.

Transfers wont achieve the same thing - we will go from 30ms to like 500ms and will be playing at different times to the US players. Both of these can quite significantly impact our enjoyment of the game. It will also fragment the community. MIght be the easiest option for them but wont be the best for us... As i've said before best thing for us would be to 1) merge; 2) transfers from US to APAC; 3) 1 month later allow transfers from APAC to US; 4) ... profit

Transfers wont achieve the same thing - we will go from 30ms to like 500ms and will be playing at different times to the US players. Both of these can quite significantly impact our enjoyment of the game. It will also fragment the community. MIght be the easiest option for them but wont be the best for us... As i've said before best thing for me would be to 1) merge; 2) transfers from US to APAC; 3) 1 month later allow transfers from APAC to US; 4) ... profit

Fixed

Transfers wont achieve the same thing - we will go from 30ms to like 500ms and will be playing at different times to the US players. Both of these can quite significantly impact our enjoyment of the game. It will also fragment the community. MIght be the easiest option for them but wont be the best for us... As i've said before best thing for us would be to 1) merge; 2) transfers from US to APAC; 3) 1 month later allow transfers from APAC to US; 4) ... profit

nope im not waitng for a month for transfers, i want transfers as soon as the merge happens.

I completely agree with this. While it may not be ideal for some, I think it's clearly the best option for the majority. Having a few weeks or so delay on transfers would at least allow people to try the merged server, instead of transferring straight off the bat and potentially leaving the new server a new wasteland. A separate RP instancing solution for the super server, suggested by someone earlier, sounds like a winner too.

Fixed

Well actually if you see the full version i posted (won't quote the full thing here because it's huge but click on the exceprt below) i actually spent quite a bit of time thinking of ways the RP population could be accommodated in a merged server. I didn't do this for myself; i came up with a solution that could work for the most amount of people. Perhaps you could do the same rather than just telling everyone what you don't want.

I've recently had a few ideas about how we can accommodate RP's... Let me know what you guys think

nope im not waitng for a month for transfers, i want transfers as soon as the merge happens.

So you wouldn't even give the new server a chance for just a month? TBH i think there would be more flagged players running around in open world PVP areas than the total number of players in the same area on Master D'. It would at least be worth trying it out to see

So you wouldn't even give the new server a chance for just a month? TBH i think there would be more flagged players running around in open world PVP areas than the total number of players in the same area on Master D'. It would at least be worth trying it out to see

no i woudnt be, ive already rerolled on a EU server, im having the time of my life, id like all my toons there asap, open world pvp is so much fun esp **** like random 20 v 20 fights in sextion x and over dread tooth

no i woudnt be, ive already rerolled on a EU server, im having the time of my life, id like all my toons there asap, open world pvp is so much fun esp **** like random 20 v 20 fights in sextion x and over dread tooth

Right well since ur no longer playing on APAC servers this thread doesn't really concern you. We know paid transfers are coming some time in the future so wait for them. Selfish to expect everyone to deal with transfers rather than a merger just because u want to go play on an EU server...

Right well since ur no longer playing on APAC servers this thread doesn't really concern you. We know paid transfers are coming some time in the future so wait for them. Selfish to expect everyone to deal with transfers rather than a merger just because u want to go play on an EU server...

wellthe bad population drove me there, plus id like to stay on a pvp server, rather than be force merged to a pve one

id like to stay on a pvp server. As rare as the open world encounters are, i enjoy them esp ganking ppl in section x

That's the thing, you are assuming that there won't be enough people flagged to make it enjoyable for you. You may very well be right, there won't near as many people as a US server, but then again there is the time zone thing, and the ping thing. The idea of delayed transfers is that you aren't wrongly assuming what will happen and actually get to see what happens.

In any event, BIOWARE/EA, please do something NOW!

New reputation system full of vanity items.

Cartel market full of vanity items.

Not enough population to really be bothered logging in let alone show off any vanity items.

Either these business professionals are mentally deranged or will use the lack of money made on these servers to close them down.

Why is everyone so afraid of allowing transfers off APAC? Seriously, if some people want to leave, you should let them instead of trying to hold them hostage. Yeah I get the concern that people are worried that too many people will leave but still.