5 Hour Slicing Results

WakeZero

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: I've gone ahead and cancelled my subscription, stating my unhappiness with the slicing nerf. Companies only care about money, so they will only care if I stop giving it to them. You should do the same if you are unhappy with the nerf. If they want to keep touting their 1-2 million player base, they better start treating their players better before everyone's month of free game time is over.

Edit 2: I cancelled my sub because if I don't like their product or what they do with it, as a consumer I'm putting my money where my mouth is. That's when consumers are heard. Welcome to the free market. And if in the 22 days I have left of my initial game time they make a statement and some sort of correction to slicing, I may resubscribe. The point is, it's my decision what I do with my money. If BioWare wants it, then I hope they start treating their customers with more respect. Not responding to even one of these threads is insulting.

I'm level 400 slicing, and I've been sending out 3 companions for the past 5 hours on slicing missions, hand selecting the best rate of return missions I've found for lockboxes.

I've made a total of 10,000 credits from the endeavor.

What's the point? I can turn in two quests for that kind of return, or grind mobs and sell 10 minutes worth of grey items to get the same amount. I'm not bashing here, just posting cold hard facts from personal work and experience.

My conclusion is that Slicing was nerfed too much, regardless of whether you think it should have been nerfed at all. Worst of all, I was told to choose slicing if I don't want to craft items. Guess I'm forced to craft now. I'll be switching to a new profession soon, because slicing isn't doing anything for me.

Well that's silly. At 400/400, casual play, you should be making over 8k an hour with slicing. This average has held up over a week of playing since the nerf last week. Search my posts on slicing and you'll see the hard cold truth behind the profession.

Obviously, you're doing it wrong and blaming BioWare. Instead of evaluating what you could be doing differently and paying some modicum of attention to the choices you've made, you instead repeat the same behavior and then blame BioWare when the results are unproductive.

This is similar to picking up Bioanalysis and expecting to craft lightsabers, then getting mad when you can't. This crew skill does not work as you intend on playing it, which does not mean it is broken.

Edit: I've gone ahead and cancelled my subscription, stating my unhappiness with the slicing nerf. Companies only care about money, so they will only care if I stop giving it to them. You should do the same if you are unhappy with the nerf. If they want to keep touting their 1-2 million player base, they better start treating their players better before everyone's month of free game time is over.

Edit 2: I cancelled my sub because if I don't like their product or what they do with it, as a consumer I'm putting my money where my mouth is. That's when consumers are heard. Welcome to the free market. And if in the 22 days I have left of my initial game time they make a statement and some sort of correction to slicing, I may resubscribe. The point is, it's my decision what I do with my money. If BioWare wants it, then I hope they start treating their customers with more respect. Not responding to even one of these threads is insulting.

:eek:

Canceling sub because they "nerfed" slicing ? Really ?? Was your interest of the game really that narrowed to slicing ?? Or are you just doing the 4-year-old "I'll hold my breath until we go to disney land !!" ?

Edited by SalvorHardin

If you think missions should result in a lot of cash for nothing, you're insane.

Slicing makes money if you go out and look for nodes, just like any other crew skill.

Don't be a spoiled child because you can't make vast riches with 0 effort anymore.

:eek:

Blablabla

Your signature says everything we need to know about you. ****.

I also unsuscribed. The game was fun but the nerf not only went overboard but also proved that the Dev Team will overreact on every QQ they receive.

Nerfing the skill was a stupid idea. They should make it that the mission is canceled the moment you logoff / dc. That should have stopped the abusers.

Also a couple of bans will have been welcomed.

You quitting folks ever heard of a Pendulum?

Slicing was initially on the far side, dumping game breaking amounts of currency into the system. A slight reduction would still lead to the problem of an excess amount of credits in the system. Those credits had to be removed while also thinning the number of people who picked it up for the wrong reason. (They have stated Slicing is designed for those people who have no interest in crafting or the GTN or anything of the sort. The adventurers profession you might say.

One way to accomplish both these tasks is to over reduce the yield of slicing. In other words, swing the pendulum the other way. Not so far as to where there is absolutely no gain from the profession, but that there is very little.

Now with a major credit generating factor drastically reduced the other credit drains can take dominance and start pulling some of the credits out. Over time the credit generating machine will slowly turn back up.

TLDR: Simma down, **** gets better.

Edit: I've gone ahead and cancelled my subscription, stating my unhappiness with the slicing nerf. Companies only care about money, so they will only care if I stop giving it to them.

I lol'd when I read this, as apparently companies aren't the only ones that care about money being given to them. ;-)

Edit: I've gone ahead and cancelled my subscription, stating my unhappiness with the slicing nerf.

Edit 2: I cancelled my sub because if I don't like their product or what they do with it, as a consumer I'm putting my money where my mouth is.

Trust me, BioWare can do without dumb customers who don't get what g-a-t-h-e-r-i-n-g means.

Oh, I didnt know you craft for 3 hours then throw them away. So you craft, then left click on the item, drag it outside the inventory box, then click left again? Interesting profession.

I have cybertech on my main and synthweaving on my alt. I do "lose" money, but my characters use the items. Go figure...

Doesn't a slicer receive items from the missions as well? I think I just saw another post about how people should "band together and stop buying the overpriced missions". Aren't those the slicing mission rewards too? I'm asking sincerely, I'm not a slicer. I have two friends that are, and they both say they still make plenty of money.

Edited by Behrit

I have two friends that are, and they both say they still make plenty of money.
And they're right. If you stop for a moment and stow your ************, crying and moaning you'd figure out, you'll make 900+ credits per minute if you ACTIVELY slice yourself.

Therein lies the chief problem with the whole nerf: ACTIVELY.

People don't want to do it. They want to watch a movie while the credits generate themselves.