Targeting issues

hoodshade

Something's wrong with my targeting today. The overhead target indicator (see screenshots 1 & 2) is missing for my current target *most* of the time. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if I accidentally changed some setting to cause this. Seeing as how the overhead target indicator comes back every once in a while without a discernable pattern, this seems like a bug rather than settings thing...

Has anyone encountered this before, and know a fix for it?

Expected:

Screenshot 1: http://i47.tinypic.com/148zmnm.png

This is basically what I saw up until yesterday. There's an arrow over my current target, with an HP bar.

Observed:

Screenshot 2: http://i46.tinypic.com/okmwxj.jpg

The arrow seems to have disappeared for the most part, but does show up occasionally. With just the red circle on the ground, I'm finding it really difficult to keep track of my current target, especially if the target has some bushes under it or the terrain is water, etc.

Note : Before today I actually didn't even use the target frame, but I had to turn it back on & move it to the top where it's closer to the action on the screen just so I could keep track of the target's HP, since the HP bar of my target doesn't show up most of the time...

I'm not sure whether it's a client issue or an ingame bug, but it seems to have gone away after I restarted the game. I didn't think to check to see if just switching characters fixes it.

It was quite prevalent during the session in which I took those screenshots, but I haven't had this issue again after restarting the game since that day, so I guess it was just some kind of glitch. If it was reproducible then we could narrow it down to whether it's a game bug or an issue w/ my computer...

At first I thought it was a memory leak of the game but I have had it happen once when I just freshly logged on.

Yeah, the session in which I was having this targeting issue was immediately after logging in as well. Ironically I had done a repair immediately before this happened (to see if there were some issues with the game that was causing my launcher to take like 20 seconds to load), so maybe that has something to do with it.

Edited by hoodshade

I (and a friend) experience this all the time. It usually happens after changing instances, especially with the automated change when joining a group in a different instance.

It fixes itself if you log out to character selection screen.

Maybe we should have reported this, but hopefully the devs will see this thread ::p

• 2 months later...
I (and a friend) experience this all the time. It usually happens after changing instances, especially with the automated change when joining a group in a different instance.

It fixes itself if you log out to character selection screen.

Maybe we should have reported this, but hopefully the devs will see this thread ::p

Yep, just started happening to me recently also... (bit of a necro, but the problem continues to exist...)