New Companions

CrispenGray

At the Seattle Cantina Tour last night, I asked about a couple characters from Makeb who I thought were especially well-made. I wondered if we would see them again, particularly as *fingers crossed* companions. Eric told me that they were currently looking into what characters throughout the game people were interested in, potentially as companions (I don't have his exact wording; it was difficult to hear, sadly, but this seemed to be the gist). He said that now would be a good time to create a thread on the board asking which characters people liked and would like to see again.

He also noted specifically that the writers would not be bringing anyone back from the dead.

So, with that in mind, what characters have you seen throughout the game who you'd like to see make a return, particularly as a potential companion?

The characters I'd like to see (who I mentioned in the first place): Doctor Avesta and Lord Cytharat. Both are great characters, with fascinating romance angles (in my opinion). I'd love to see them as faction-based bonus companions.

As for Cytharat possibly being dead, depending on the choices of the player, I will note that no one ever saw his body, and, as we saw with Vader, we all know how well leaving a Sith Lord by some lava works for assuring their death. Left for dead does not necessarily mean actually dead. In a space opera, if we don't see the body, we can't be sure of the death.

How about the rest of you? Any other characters you'd like to see?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I'd like to see more of the companions I already have, at least some of them. (I hate Skadge with an undying passion and he's the first companion I've ever gone out of my way to get negative approval in hopes that it will actually drive him off). I've already invested a great deal emotionally in these characters and while it was neat to pick up HK and Teek, my ship is getting a bit crowded at this point and I end up wandering through, clicking on Lokin and vainly wishing for just one more conversation with him. I miss talking about archaeology with Talos and since my Marauder dumped Quinn (backstabbing bastard) and hooked up with Pierce, I'd like to see a bit more to that relationship. Blizz will always be my all time favorite character, I would love to have more time with him. I've reached the point that I've held off finishing my conversations with Mako because I don't want to walk onto my ship and see that I can't talk to her anymore.

That said, if Jonas Balker ever gets tired of playing lackey for the SIS, I'm totally kidnapping him (mostly because I know it would piss off Jorgan. Then there's the string of almost-romance options we have across the galaxy- Aristocra Saganu, Phi-Ton (a Voss or Chiss companion would be pretty cool) are the two I can think of offhand that I wish I'd had a chance to see more of.

For the record (yes I know killing them was an option, I didn't), I thought Ivory and Watcher X were the two best missed opportunities to pick up companions in the game.

Jonas Balkar from the Trooper storyline was a great character and I would love it if he could be a companion (SGR too perhaps? :i_biggrin:) Lord Cytharat would be great too, and I agree that his situation could be sorted out. Also from the Imperial side . . .

Watcher Two/Shara Jenn would be a great character, I felt that she was a companion anyway during the story, so it would be nice to have her actually on the ship.

That being said, I think it would be cool if they added more brand new companions.

If revan isn't actually considered dead, I kinda feel like they could do some kind of story bringing him back as a companion. Bit of a stretch, sure, but I feel like it would give him a bit of a more meaningful presence in the game.

Other than him, they could do cytharat or thana vesh for imperials like others have said. Can't really think of anyone in particular for the republic to be honest.

EDIT: Part of me sorta wants to see Lord Praven again from the JK storyline, since I let him live and sent him to become a Jedi. Found Sajar from the storyline on Quesh interesting as well, wouldn't mind seeing him return in some capacity.

Edited by Lord-Aleph

A few of the ones I like have been talked about here. Here's my list of folks I'd like to see as potential new companions, starting with the listed ones:

Jonas Balkar

Cytherat (as Crispengray said, no body doesn't mean dead)

Lemda Avesta

As for ones I haven't seen yet:

Ladra: The pureblood sith crazy woman of the Revanites. She seemed a hell of a lot more fascinating than the little bit of interaction suggests, so seeing her later as a companion would be fascinating. And it would even more interesting to see her if the player betrayed them... :D

: He was a minor character in the Trooper storyline on Coruscant who just stuck in my memory, just behind Jaxo. He was strangely chipper in talking about the explosives he was giving you. It would be fun to see him developed some more as a generic NPC and/or possibly even as a companion

...I swear I had more, but my brain is not cooperating. I'll put up more as I remember.

I assume any new companion would need to be a character that we interact with across all classes so it would have to be from the planet stories and since it limits certain characters that won't come back from the dead it leaves the pickings a little slim, but a few characters come to mind.

1. Lieutenant Rutau on Balmorra.

His unit is wiped out trying to put a virus in to the okara droid factory. Despite heavy injuries and losses of all his soldiers but him, he refuses to stay down and tries to accomplish his mission or die trying. He would make an excellent companion. Not to mention we need a grunt soldier sort of companion imo.

2. C-86 on Alderaan

An assault droid on Alderaan that is badly damaged and unable to complete his mission but he demands vengeance on the ones that damaged him and sends you to slay many and to complete his mission as well. It would be nice to have a melee dps/tank droid we could use for a change. A bit too much ranged stuff has been added lately.

3. "Killer Kateo" on Belsavis.

Freed by the empire on Belsavis, he was imprisoned for killing an entire squad of republic soldiers with a shiv. Come on now, that is just ******. Give him an assassinate move like HK that works on elites where he slowly sneaks up on a target and stabs them, it would be epic.

That's it for empire, I don't remember many of the republic npc's so I'll just list some general companion ideas I've had.

1. A plain grunt republic or imperial soldier, no high rank or ambitions, just a plain old soldier there to do a job.

2. Another neutral merc, a Gamorrean bodyguard/hired muscle sort.

3. A force using companion for a non-force using class. Something we haven't had yet for a companion though like a Kel'dor.

4. A twi'lek dancer (male or female depending on your preference) for your ship that entertains/crafts for you. 2V/C2's devotion gets a bit annoying at times.

That's all I can think of offhand.

Edited by Khayleth

3. "Killer Kateo" on Belsavis.

Freed by the empire on Belsavis, he was imprisoned for killing an entire batallion of republic soldiers with a shiv. Come on now, that is just ******. Give him an assassinate move like HK that works on elites where he slowly sneaks up on a target and stabs them, it would be epic.

A battalion is typically anywhere between three hundred to a thousand in size.

With a shiv?

Wat.

A battalion is typically anywhere between three hundred to a thousand in size.

With a shiv?

Wat.

I went to belsavis and got the audio, my mistake, it was a squad:

Imperial: "Next! Name, please."

Kateo: "Kateo."

Imperial: "Let's see—ah, there you are. "Killer" Kateo, butchered an entire squad of Republic soldiers with…a shiv?"

Kateo: "That's me."

Imperial: "Someone get this man a blaster! Welcome to the Imperial Army, Kateo. If there's anything else we can get you—maybe something dull and rusty?—just ask!"

I want Hallow Voice from the Consular story. He seems like he could make a good tank companion. Also, from the Sith Inquisitor story on Voss

A Gormak helps you out and at the end you get a choice to either kill him or help him leave the planet. If you help him, let him come back to help you as thanks. For killing him.... I don't know, he could come back for revenge and you could force him to serve you as a slave.

I personally would like to see, Jonas Balkar for the Trooper story line, romanceable if possible, because I don't care for Jorgan and rebuffed his advances, so my Trooper lady is bored and lonely. :p It might actually motivate me to play this dry storyline again.

For my sith warrior, I would like to have Lieutenant Rutau on my side, or Captain Beron (and imperial captain). They are voiced by the same actor, I believe, and I dig on the voice. Beron hails from the Pub side story on Hoth.

Cytharat would also be ok to have around. Golah too. Although I want some companion mods for him...

I know I don't want Thana Vesh. I kill that beesh. I already have enough companions that I want to introduce to the airlock at warp speed...so if youre bringing Thana, bring someone else too, so that we have a choice. Choice is always a good thing.

And for companions make sure there is a bit of a story. Its dull just to get a companion, talk to them twice and then listen only to their fighting comments.

Edited by Lunafox

my Thana Vesh isn't dead is she a possibility :D fingers crossed

actually come to think about it there are a lot of characters who I would love to see return with some interaction even if not a full companion but if I tried to make a list im sure I would butcher it with wrong names and people I forgot where dead

[R.I.P. jewl'a nightbringer]

Edited by Vis-Tecum