Top 5/10 Tacticians

Beniboybling

OK, so there's all this debate going on about Revan being a good strategist or not. And I'm currently starting up a Kaggath VS thread. As well as getting ideas for future threads, I thought this would be fun. So, who do you rank as your top five (or ten if your a star wars guru) tacticians ever?

Here's my list:

1. Thrawn - I haven't read anything about this guy but I know he's the best of the best, besides I know if I don't place him here I'll be flamed.

2. Ackbar

3. Vader

4. Grievous

5. Revan

6. Malgus

^^ I'm not really sure about this, I just bashed something together.

Edited by Beniboybling

Anyone you think could challenge him? I'd kinda like to have him in my Kaggath Series.

In a battle of wits. Very, very few. Maybe Admiral Ackbar. There was this one Galactic Alliance Admiral (Bwatu or something) that beat the Thrawn simulator, but I don't really think a simulator can replace the real thing.

If anything, you would have to have someone with Battle Meditation in order to have a good chance at winning. Maybe Yoda, or Sidious. Possible Bastila, but she's not really a military commander.

Always did think General Carlist Rieekan was a good tactician and leader. He even had a bounty on his head, one large enough to buy a moon in the Core Planets or an entire planet in the Outer Rim Systems...I mean you don't get a bounty on your head that big without causing trouble.

A notable example on Hoth as soon as he was put in charge, he made an evacuation plan that would be ready at a moments notice. He put Major Derlin in charge of security which was a good move and when the Tauntauns became agitated he sought to work with the instincts of the animals rather then away, there was a lot of things Rieekan did for Echo Base and beyond that.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Always did think General Carlist Rieekan was a good tactician and leader. He even had a bounty on his head, one large enough to buy a moon in the Core Planets of an entire planet in the Outer Rim Systems...I mean you don't get a bounty on your head that big without causing trouble.

A notable example on Hoth as soon as he was put in charge, he made an evacuation plan that would be ready at a moments notice. He put Major Derlin in charge of security which was a good move and when the Tauntauns became agitated he sought to work with the instincts of the animals rather then away, there was a lot of things Rieekan did for Echo Base and beyond that.

Yeah, Rieekan is a pretty smart guy. He did a lot for the Rebellion and deserves to be recognized for it... *hint* :)

Edited by Aurbere

Yeah Bwua'tu, Pellaeon and Daala were considered great tacticians their in time.

From what i recall of Daala though she is referred to as a great tactician but nearly always gets outmaneuvered in the books. That probably down to plot need though.

Gar Stazi from the Legacy era was also good.

Edited by DesmoASD
Grammer

1. Thrawn- this guy is like Napoleon on drugs. Timothy Zahn made him a future reader with great precision that its almost unreal. Not that im complaining as I am a huge fan of Thrawn but no other character can predict outcomes like he does AND competent enough to know when to retreat.

2. Ackbar-

3. Revan- I would have put him in second place but Ackbar won due to him not being force sensitive.

4. Malgus or Kilran- I honestly cant decide. Both were supposedly highly respected tacticians but they were idiotic in the game. One literally tried to stop a group of 5 Republic invaders BY HIMSELF with 2 random guards and the other didn't really do a great job of becoming emperor.

Edited by Idunhavaname