Subscriber Going Free

GalvinL

I was looking for an answer to this and couldn't find anything but heres my problem: I am currently a subscriber and my subscription is gonna end in a couple days and I was wondering, what happens to my 9 characters? Do they get deleted? Do they get moved to another server? And what of their high level gear?

I was looking for an answer to this and couldn't find anything but heres my problem: I am currently a subscriber and my subscription is gonna end in a couple days and I was wondering, what happens to my 9 characters? Do they get deleted? Do they get moved to another server? And what of their high level gear?

You get to keep everything but, you can only have two active characters unless you choose to pay to unlock a character slot, from what i have read on the subject.

Better to just quit. With the bugged items from the shop and the lack of any customer service support for F2P or the cash shop (their only answer is...sorry your item was bugged but you aren't getting anything) F2P will be total hell.

I went from sub to free, you have to pick which 2 toons you want and which 2 crafting skills. You'll also be limited to 2 quick bars, no hide head slot, unify colors or any future purple gear, and if your leveling a toon you XP will be nerfed. I don't know this for fact but think I seen it mentioned that free even effects what loot you can get.

Free isn't quite working out for me as i refuse to pay extra for aspects in the game so trivial as those to charge for, especially when I have yet to see any other game restrict such things. To me the game ends after leveling since there is no variety or choice so I guess my TOR adventure is over unless EA rethinks what they think are reasonable aspects to charge for and the end game opens up to something other than grind out this gear so you can now start grinding out that gear.

I went from sub to free, you have to pick which 2 toons you want and which 2 crafting skills. You'll also be limited to 2 quick bars, no hide head slot, unify colors or any future purple gear, and if your leveling a toon you XP will be nerfed. I don't know this for fact but think I seen it mentioned that free even effects what loot you can get.

Free isn't quite working out for me as i refuse to pay extra for aspects in the game so trivial as those to charge for, especially when I have yet to see any other game restrict such things. To me the game ends after leveling since there is no variety or choice so I guess my TOR adventure is over unless EA rethinks what they think are reasonable aspects to charge for and the end game opens up to something other than grind out this gear so you can now start grinding out that gear.

wait why didn't you just use the cartel coins you got as a subscriber to unlock the things you thought were trivial?

wait why didn't you just use the cartel coins you got as a subscriber to unlock the things you thought were trivial?

Because you really don't get enough coins. Especially if one is trying to buy the Account unlocks.

Really, it's easier to say what you keep. You keep anything you unlocked via Legacy. You also get to keep any Cargo and Inventory space you already purchased. You also get to keep any character you've created so far, but you can't create any new ones until you go below the 2 slot limit. You also get to keep any purple gear you've acquired and bound to yourself, but new gear will need a pass.

Beyond that, everything is as a Preferred Status player, with all the restrictions it comes with.

What would he have to complain about then:rak_02:

So you don't really know what account unlocks cost it appears.

Go check then get back to us.

F2P is not an option for this game if you want to play at any kind of reasonable level, it is 100x worse if you were ever a subscriber.

This F2P model is a laughing stock.

Spend all my coins just so I can hide a helmet? I don't think so.There's nothing in that store but unlocks unless you count the armor that's no different than anything else or gambling boxes. If I spend coins on anything it's to unlock future content if anything is worth playing or items I think look good on my character, as is there is nothing in that store.

Better to just quit. With the bugged items from the shop and the lack of any customer service support for F2P or the cash shop (their only answer is...sorry your item was bugged but you aren't getting anything) F2P will be total hell.

Or if you enjoy the game, just sub? Definitely worth the 15 a month imo.

Debatable. A bunch of people before F2P switched over certainly didn't feel the game was worth a sub.

Personally, I think it's worth a sub, or a good flat fee for quests, levels 1-49. Once one gets to end game though, there's just not as much to do. Experiencing all the other class stories might be fun, but you'd also have to go through all the planet stories as well, which are really only good one time around. Operations get dull after a while. PvP warzones can be interesting, but any fresh level 50 is going to get owned their first few dozen matches.

If there was more end-game content that just wasn't a bunch of dailies, maybe it would be better. But if had gotten those quests, then maybe not so many subscribers would have left.

lmao what? The bugs aren't nearly bad enough to rage quit.

I agree, when I get bored with the game Ill take a break from it and when I get the call again I resub, its that simple.

I have z e r o problems paying for something I enjoy and I have better things to do then rage over a game when I get bored with it.

I went from sub to free...

... Free isn't quite working out for me as i refuse to pay extra for aspects in the game so trivial as those to charge for, especially when I have yet to see any other game restrict such things.

Extra? You refuse to pay "extra"?! Extra to what, if you're F2P? You're not paying for anything.

Edited by Cretinus

Here's a link to the F2P FAQ and it has answers to your questions. For some odd reason, they don't have this link on most of their F2P pages and it's pretty hard to track down now: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6449

I don't believe most of these guys "quitting" were recent subscribers. I've seen nothing but a massive influx in game.

New quitters or old vets taking a look. Does it matter?

What does matter is that in the 6 months I've been gone nothing has been added to the actual game.

New quitters or old vets taking a look. Does it matter?

What does matter is that in the 6 months I've been gone nothing has been added to the actual game.

Not sure what you were expecting, but there are new fp's, wz's and ops. You may also have missed group finder and other ease of life improvements. Every category has been addressed every few months, just like any other MMO.

They don't like the game enough to pay for it yet they want to play it for free and spend their time in it.

In other words, their time is less valuable than $15/month.

If I hated this game as much as some of these folks and I thought that it wasn't worth the sub, I think it would't not be worth my precious time either and I wouldn't waste any of it hanging around.