1.5 Increase In Banked WZ and RWZ Comms A Good Thing

DroidDreamer

I'm one of the folks who thinks the gear divide is too great at level 50. I wanted to chime in here and say that the increased number of WZ comms and RWZ that you can now save prior to hitting 50 is a very good thing and is one more measure to help reduce the pain upon dinging to level 50. With the added number of comms you can save -- 2,750 WZ comms and 4,500 RWZ comms -- you can now get more BM and WH gear immediately at 50, reducing the grind and pain of being in Recruit gear.

Together with the new Recruit Mk-2 set (and augments you can add to the extra gear you can purchase that you would not otherwise add to your Recruit set), this is one more measure to help the gear divide at 50 and Bioware deserves a nod for addressing this community concern. I look forward to the other measures they Dev's have discussed to make gear less of a factor in the 50 bracket. Thank you!

EDIT: Also, the UI is MUCH IMPROVED! Now you can see your progress bar and understand the caps better.

Edited by DroidDreamer

I hope they address the exp issue some have mentioned; that WZs are giving too much exp. Obviously, the increased cap is meaningless if you ding to 40 and can't save enough comms to hit your caps by the time you hit 50. I have not seen that but others have reported it.

IDK... I got a pretty big chuck of XP this morning but people are saying they fixed it. It was pretty over the top to hit a level for every 4 war zones I finished last night.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

I'm one of the folks who thinks the gear divide is too great at level 50. I wanted to chime in here and say that the increased number of WZ comms and RWZ that you can now save prior to hitting 50 is a very good thing and is one more measure to help reduce the pain upon dinging to level 50. With the added number of comms you can save -- 2,750 WZ comms and 4,500 RWZ comms -- you can now get more BM and WH gear immediately at 50, reducing the grind and pain of being in Recruit gear.

Together with the new Recruit Mk-2 set (and augments you can add to the extra gear you can purchase that you would not otherwise add to your Recruit set), this is one more measure to help the gear divide at 50 and Bioware deserves a nod for addressing this community concern. I look forward to the other measures they Dev's have discussed to make gear less of a factor in the 50 bracket. Thank you!

EDIT: Also, the UI is MUCH IMPROVED! Now you can see your progress bar and understand the caps better.

I think they are just paving the way for more expensive items, and thus more grind. The less max you can carry, the less max they can ask for price. Sigh.

I think they are just paving the way for more expensive items, and thus more grind. The less max you can carry, the less max they can ask for price. Sigh.

While what you say is a possibility, it seems unlikely. The elite WH MH and OH are priced similar as the WH ones before the elite versions came out. There's no reason to think the rest of the elite WH gear will cost more than what the WH versions cost now.

Perhaps. I think the Elite WH stuff has been in the item databases for months now and only the weapons and offhands are in-game. This is an MMO so it's foreseeable that they will keep adding tiers to keep people on the treadmill.

I think they should lower the level at which you can start banking RWZ or remove it all together.

I'm a PVP'er that has a 96 valor Guardian with 2x sets of WH augmented armor and I am vehemently against alts ... but, my guild needed a competent player as a hybrid Sage, so I decided to roll an alt. I bought the pvp exp bonus gains & basically PVP'ed my wy to 50 (w/class quest lines) only.

I was so ticked off that my alt couldn't exchange WZ comms for RWZ comms until 40. I ended up purchasing 6x 1k baridium fluxes and at least 100 WZ heal packs 2-3x over, just to make room.

What a total waste of time. I was able to (however) use the bind to legacy gear to move over 4 WH pieces from my main, and buy my MH (OH was gained about 4-WZ's after I hit 50 + daily/weekly). So, I landed w/6 WH pieces.

Still, for a main leveling for the first time via pvp, I'd be pissed to play in full recruit (especially as a squishy sage).

I would /sign a petition to make the exchange lower (level 20?) or not there at all. Why limit how I want to invest my commendations OR force me to fight my way through the gear grind?

Honestly, these freebie players aren't going to stick around/pay for a WZ pass to get dominated by the min/max'ed players out there. It's in BW's best interest, too.

Perhaps. I think the Elite WH stuff has been in the item databases for months now and only the weapons and offhands are in-game. This is an MMO so it's foreseeable that they will keep adding tiers to keep people on the treadmill.

I think they should lower the level at which you can start banking RWZ or remove it all together.

honestly, I think setting it at lvl/valor 40 is a gift. it doesn't need to be lower. the cap needs to be higher though. I haven't leveled since 1.5 as some are reporting, but lvling from 40-50, I could accrue enough comms to get 3500 ranked 2x - at least. I would have few stacks fewer medpacks, but that's something I'm willing to sacrifice. :)