Respec of advance class needs to be implemented

LoL-K-Noob

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's totally different than just doing 1-50 again...

Doing 1-50 again means repeating all the same content that you've already done, particularly the class quest. A long hard quest means doing completely new content.

I have pretty much 0 interest in that.

Well if you have no interest in that, why would you have any interest in some massive quest line to change classes?

It's not going to change each time you do it either.

It's the same with every other class though, except for the story quest, and the only reason they did that was to save on Voice acting for 8 classes rather than 4, I suspect.

Every class you level goes through the same content, there are no differing paths.

Sure I suppose they could put in a hologrind to change class, but I don't see the need given the ease of 1-50 in this game to start with.

OP is mad cause he rolled assassin and wants to be a sorc like the rest of the crew.

They are different classes period, half of your abilities are shared and half are not!

If you could respec AC that would be 4different trees and one shared. Even wow only had 3trees for each class, just make a mirror on republic.

I would hate to see the "respec" of AC's become a feature. They are essentially two separate classes with similar core dynamics. While I recognise that people want the ability to try out the other class, it's a significant change that would essentially be similar to switching between classes. This I cannot approve of. I already have difficulty with players who are not dedicated to learning their first spec, let alone the class as a whole. To allow people to switch their AC would further increase the difficulty of the learning curve.

What's more the game would stop having 16 essential classes, and go down to 8. The system is unique and good as it is, there is no need to change it. Sure, if you want to try out a different AC, you will have to level another toon. That's the same as it is for any other class. Yes that's more effort, but you leveled a class to fifty. If you don't like your choice, or want further variety, put in the effort to level another character. Yes, it takes time, I barely play eight hours a week, yet I have no issue with leveling another operative so that I have an operative and a sniper (So far, my two fav classes).

No they're not. The devs have even said that AC are DIFFERENT classes. That's their whole basis for not allowing AC changes.

Actually his analogy is on the money and it's you who are wrong. I don't think AC's should be changeable but he's still right in his comparison.

Actually his analogy is on the money and it's you who are wrong. I don't think AC's should be changeable but he's still right in his comparison.

Not really, different ACs use different weapons and for the most part different skills. They also have completely different trees (even the 'shared' trees can be different). They really are different classes in this game.

Games are a waste of time by definition. Unless you get paid to play them, but there's few that do.

If what you enjoy is seeing a game played for you, the entertainment you're into is called television. This is what you're really enjoying.

There's no shame saying "that thing's not for me". I'll go first: I don't enjoy fishing. It's a huge waste of time (too). That's why you're not going to catch me by a river with a pole.

Here is why I think its a REALLY bad idea.Guilds you spend all this time gearing this tank guy for your guild next day you log on he is a ranged healer in greens.....You see my point?

You don't need another healer you need him as a tank , but now he magically wasted all that gear you farmed him in one single respec.

Guy wants to make a alt healer thats fine but don't waste the gear we farmed for you by changing your roll when you see fit.

This is beyond funny! You claim leveling is the "boring grind" on your way to "having fun", and yet endgame in every MMO is the same thing over, and over, and over again!

Exactly. He's basically saying "I don't want to do the same stuff from 1-49. It's repeating the lvl 50 stuff that's fun."

To me, playing another class has been more fun than the gear grind after you get to 50...

The advanced class is YOUR class. the other one is just a happy medium or whatever.

That would utterly break the game IMO.

You can respec in.. "WoW" you had access to three other specs.. a respec system within your advance class is enough IMO

I think the real issue here is that this game doesn't hand everything to people like WoW. Lets instead implement a button on the hotbar that switches back and forth between the ACs. Also, maybe all the new characters should start at level 49. Or maybe, they should just take WoW and change the name to SWTOR and throw in some lightsabers. Maybe rename some abilities and then the game would be perfect.

If WoW is so great, than play WoW. I'll stick to this well designed, non-watered down MMO. Thanks.

Thanks for supporting me by showing how boring of a grind you have to go through in order to actually start having fun. Same silly objection as the objection to respec within AC where people want you to level 2 sages so you can play a different tree on each. Sorry, most people have a life and betetr things to do.

Casuals like you ruin MMOs. You want to implement that would completely ruin what I did. Guess what.. I wanted a sorc.. I had an assassin tank.. What did I do? I leveled a sorc to 50. I don't play it much, cause I didnt find it fun at all. But I did it. So you would make what I did even more of a time waste. Level up another character and get your legacy level above 35+ or you will be complaining about how much the new benefits of legacy cost.

• 2 weeks later...

I just laughed at all of this. Really why would anyone believe that this would/should or could ever happen? Asking for it is being childish and after reading the majority of your posts I do have to thank you for the laughs. I myself have 2 Knights, and 2 Consulars and it doesn't bug me at all that I have to do the story quests again. Most of the time I just skip the class quest until im about to leave the planet then just knock them out real fast using spacebar the whole way through. Also if you have one light and one dark, there are differences in the story. It is just pointless and i do agree with the people saying that its like having a mage then switching to a warrior. If you didnt want to play a Sage, lets say, then why did you choose it? Same with the other classes. You made the choice to level it so be happy with it or level another one, that's all you can really do. Also, I really hope Bioware doesn't break and give into the people whining about Advanced Class changes because that would be a pretty sad move on their part.

EDIT: Also if you say a sage is like a shadow... your not playing right.... I dont think a sage can tank... yea, nope pretty sure you cant tank on a sage..... oh sentinels, nope they are different from guardians..... they cant tank either

Edited by SkellingtonVII

• 2 years later...