Welcome to Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree

CourtneyWoods

The point is, there are a lot of people who DON'T want to group. Hense, SOLO players. They are a larger part of this game than you seem to think.

Can you solo HM Flashpoints? Can you solo operations? Can you solo world bosses that you do not significantly out level? No, you cannot. Here is a simple fact for you. THIS IS A MMO. There WILL be content that REQUIRES you to be in a group. Don't like it? Go play a single player game then. If you want to do all the content then learn how to socialize. No one should EVER expect to play an MMO and be able to play all the content 100% solo.

If you want the reputation you have to do all of the missions, PVE and PVP. If you don't, you can't get enough to get high enough during the event to get the goodies. Hence, PVE players are forced to PVP. If players want full-time PVP, roll toons on a PVP server. It's that easy. I'm tired of PVP players complaining on PVE servers.

As far as the armor goes, you do not need to do the pvp quests to get newcomer status. As far as the weapons go, it is mathematically impossible to get champion status before the event is over (due to the weekly caps) and the small amount of rep you get from the whopping two PvP quests will not make much of a difference. You will get WAY more reputation doing all 4 of the pve dailies + the world bosses + the operation boss than you will doing the two pvp quests. You DO NOT need to do the pvp quests to keep up in reputation.

PvE players have twice the amount of content than the PvP players and the rewards PvP players get is minimal. And here is a shocking fact for you, even on pvp servers pvp players are FORCED to do PvE to get that ONE gray helix component. Do you see pvp players crying about it? No, only people like you cry about being forced to do another element of the game even though you are 100% NOT being forced to do it. In fact, if pvp players want to keep up in reputation with pve players, they HAVE to do pve because that is where the big chunks of rep is and that is also how you get the gray helix components. But I guess that logic is lost on you because you are too busy being self entitled.

Edited by Raansu

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was less than impressed. The first question I have is... why is the Gray Helix Currency... not a currency? Or even a mission item?

Why is something we're likely to have to hang on to for months going to have to take up an inventory slot? I can't be the only one thinking eventually people are going to delete these things by accident between week long gank-fests in old PVP-land on Ilum, and have to petition to have them restored.

Second Question.. will the Rep system be anything more than WoW's rep system applied so far after the fact that level 50's will have a painful grind to get some? Let's be honest, you even "Borrowed" commendations for quickie clicky rep. Its hardly inspired game crafting.

weak event and weak rewards, boring rep grinding system copypasted from WoW + fail weekly cap.

its been only few days and im already bored and cba to do the dailies or farm same dull wbs, the only fun is ganking in mid..

Edited by tzagheru

Can you solo HM Flashpoints?

I agreed with a lot of what you posted, except I have soloed HM Flashpoints (HM BT, HM BP, HM FE) and so that part isn't true unless you add "that you haven't vastly overgeared." Can you solo an HM Flashpoint in Tionese? Nope.

Edited by AshlaBoga

I agreed with a lot of what you posted, except I have soloed HM Flashpoints (HM BT, HM BP, HM FE) and so that part isn't true unless you add "that you haven't vastly overgeared." Can you solo an HM Flashpoint in Tionese? Nope.

Ok fine, you vastly outgeared the content. But guess what, you had to do group content to get that gear. So it kind of voids itself out there.

The event mechanics are a lot of fun, but my real issue with it is that it's only a few week event with a rep cap? I mean the only way to go home with some cool rewards is doing every daily and weekly and probably even on multiple 50's. Plus the components are BoP not even legacy. I'm not sure if I do all the missions as much as I can if I'll even get 1 gree weapon.

Seems like a shooty event if it's that short with no reward. I would say extend the event or raise the component drop a bit. I understand they will bring this even back, but if you want people to be engaged, might not want to shaft them on dedicated work throughout this event.

I have the same concerns, well said!

I figure this is as good a place as any to give my thoughts on the Gree Event. I have had most of a week to do almost all of the content, and I think my opinion is about as formed as it can be. I've explained the Cons since those are the real meat of my post.

PROS:

- More content is always fun, can't argue with that

- Interesting mission mechanics

- New Gear, weapons, armor, etc.

CONS:

- NO explanation of things like the Blue Toras device. My DPS relies upon a companion to survive fights. Having him one shot and then dying multiple times figuring out not only that you can only use a quest item to fight AND can only use it when not debuffed for maximum effect, is not fun. Repair bills are WAY too high to not explain fight mechanics if they are the central point of a quest.

- VERY low drop rate of quest items. Both the PVP quest for robots and the animal chips have insanely low drop rates versus how scarce the mobs are. I spent more time trying to find the animal chips than I did on all other quests combined

- PVP griefing. I don't care what PVPers do in their own area, but when you are being forced into pvp because of flagged people wandering through your AoEs or simply healing the mob you're fighting that is not cool.

SUGGESTIONS:

I know it's too late and the devs undoubtedly think they made no mistakes, but hopefully they'll take the criticism to heart for future updates.

- Segregate PVP on PVE servers. We carebears chose our servers because we do NOT want to participate. Forcing it on people is not good and the amount of anger I saw over this during the event was incredible. I know I have lost a lot of faith in the game after this event solely because of the PVP in this event

I don't care if the PVP missions remain AND give those players a shorter route to the event items, but the two factions should only be in contact in that area.

- Lower the mission reqs, increase the drop rates of quest items, or increase the number of mob spawns. We shouldn't have to scour the zone for these things.

- Explain fight mechanics for the non-heroic or Ops level missions. Even if it's just a tooltip that would be enough. Blue Taros - "The only device capable of damaging the XXXX droid. This device does more damage if fully charged. Rapid use will lower the damage output"

- Give some bonuses to those players that did the previous Gree Treasure Hunt missions. The whole point of that event was to gain favor with the Gree and when they show up I'm treated just like the guy next to me who still has the price tags on his jacket? You could've at least started us at the first Reputation level. It's not enough of a boost to do anything except give access to the gear sooner than the next guy.

Overall this event was pretty underwhelming to me. I will work to get my reputation up enough for the gear, but I doubt I'll work for the max title. It's just too much of a headache and grief fest.

Just returned, i do not pay, i do nothing.

You dumb guys could not fix the mass crashes, when you hit the Opponent wont receive dmg most times, stupid still stuns that take the game experience/fun. Youre Kids?

No Auto attack, just stupid global cd....give me back the SWG egoshooter style. You took it so you get it back !!!

PS: Tell them to set pvp dmg to -25% again or it will end like this here.

Sry Folks to bother you at your discussion about...whatever.

After grinding the Gree event non stop for almost a week, today I realised the reputation items have level requirements. Lvl 45 for the suits, and lvl 50 for the weapons. I was grinding to get some nice looking stuff for my low lvl alts - my work in progress agent is lvl 38, the rest is around 15 to 25. My 2 mains that are 50 already have their matching gear, though those weapons will serve them well, they didnt need to be legacy for that.

What was the reason behind the lvl restrictions?

Specialy since in this Illum area you have that same lvl buff as in warzones for lower lvls?

Was hoping to get something mean looking for my dark side jedi, but still havent found his matching set :/

After grinding the Gree event non stop for almost a week, today I realised the reputation items have level requirements. Lvl 45 for the suits, and lvl 50 for the weapons. I was grinding to get some nice looking stuff for my low lvl alts - my work in progress agent is lvl 38, the rest is around 15 to 25. My 2 mains that are 50 already have their matching gear, though those weapons will serve them well, they didnt need to be legacy for that.

Specialy since in this Illum area you have that same lvl buff as in warzones for lower lvls?

Was hoping to get something mean looking for my dark side jedi, but still havent found his matching set :/

It goes with the levels you need to get to Ilum...

A PvE event in a PvP area? Seems legit.

Maybe it's a PvP event with some PvE content? I mean this is located on illum right? a PvP zone?

I guess my biggest issue with the event is the reputation cap. It's not even possible to get a helix weapon before the event ends. I know they said the event will be coming back, but if you put the work in for the reward why make the player wait until the next event to get it. Imo this is a big turn off.

I mean if there was real rep rewards I could possible understand more, but it really feels like the rewards are simply re-skinned social items. Voss rep reward is the exact same as the social items, but a different color..

Please considering not only adding a lot more items to these venders, but maybe even some things that players will benefit from other than a re-skinned armor set.. with no states.

Anyone else feel this way?

This. I was all excited for the new reputation system. I see a lot of potential for it in the future. Reputation gear is like social gear. Maybe there's a look out there I want to put on my character ... but when I saw that the reputation gear all has a high-level requirement, I lost the drive to work on this. I'd rather the adaptive armor be something I could give an alt to wear while leveling that replace the sets I've already worked on for my 50s.

And a weekly cap seems real odd when none of the rewards have any intrinsic value. Maybe an artificial gating system makes sense when the gear has stats or can unbalance something in some way, but since all the rewards are purely cosmetic in nature... Isn't it my time to spend (or ignore) as I see fit?

What I'd really like to see if a developer blog about future plans for this new system. I'm a little underwhelmed at the moment. All previous events have had rewards that mattered and could be shared with new toons in the legacy.

stop crying about class specs. Bubble stun and smash both require skill to use, why don't you either one play a sorc and spec to use stun bubbles too, or spec a jugg or marauder with damage bonuses to smash or start crying about how all the classes are better than yours and you just don't get pvp. all classes have multiple stuns if you know how to use them and build them properly. i'm sick and tired of hearing pvp noobs cry about other classes.

This is ridiculous another patch where bubble stun and smash get ignored. No communication at all from the devs regarding when they plan to fix those issues.

This game is a betrayal to the KOTOR name and all devs should be ashamed of working in a game that disrespects the entire pvp community.

All we want is a quick fix, no major changes no new skills just make pvp tolerable to play again and yet you remain silent as to when those changes will be made OR if they will be made at all.

This patch is a complete lack of respect towards paying costumers

stop crying about class specs. Bubble stun and smash both require skill to use, why don't you either one play a sorc and spec to use stun bubbles too, or spec a jugg or marauder with damage bonuses to smash or start crying about how all the classes are better than yours and you just don't get pvp. all classes have multiple stuns if you know how to use them and build them properly. i'm sick and tired of hearing pvp noobs cry about other classes.

Because warzones are totally compromised of nothing but 1v1 situations right? Putting a bubble stun on an entire raid group that can all pop the bubble for 3 seconds stuns, a stun that requires 5 bubbles to fill resolve does not take skill. I play focus because bubble stun is OP, and bubble stunners play bubble spec because smash is OP. When I can leap in, pop zen, awe the group and then smash and hit 5 people for 6k-7k...ya that spec is stupid. Both spec's needs to be altered in some way. Personally the best way to nerf smash imo is change singularity from a buff on the warrior to a debuff on the player. That way the spec retains its burst but it's more single target then aoe. The person with the debuff gets hit for the burst and the rest of the aoe damage is just the normal crit without the bonuses so it would proably hit for 2k-3k, maybe 4k depending on the gear.

The Gree Weekly Reputation Cap.

I am really, really challenge driven and was determined to achieve the highest Gree Reputation that I could and managed to hit the first weekly cap in around 1 day.... which was great, but seemed strange to me that a weekly reputation cap is actually beneficial to any player?

So having maxed out my weekly reputation cap early last week, my initial challenge to achieve at least Hero reputation was on hold, but I continued to put my toons through the event and build up Gree Reputation Trophies to comvert to Gree Reputation as soon as the 2nd weekly cap became available, which is today.... So I popped a few of my collected Gree Reputation Trophies and now I have maxed out this weekly cap which is Friend Reputation without even puting a foot on Ilum :(

So I guess I am feeling a bit down in the dumps that my challenge can not be completed due to the weekly reputation cap, which for me, is now locked at Friend level for another week or if the plug is pulled on the event this week, I will have to wait until the event returns to continue my challenge ... but in my mind, waiting on an unknown return or end date for the event doesn't work well with setting goals, objectives or completing a challenge.

Any idea of when the event will return as I am not keen on stockpiling my Reputation Trophies, just like I stockpiled my Rakghoul DNA commendations from the Rakgoul World Event in April 2012 that came, went and hasn't returned.

Now that would be nice, bring back the Rakghoul World Event as well as I am sure a few of the newer players would enjoy that one :)

The Gree Weekly Reputation Cap.

I am really, really challenge driven and was determined to achieve the highest Gree Reputation that I could and managed to hit the first weekly cap in around 1 day.... which was great, but seemed strange to me that a weekly reputation cap is actually beneficial to any player?

So having maxed out my weekly reputation cap early last week, my initial challenge to achieve at least Hero reputation was on hold, but I continued to put my toons through the event and build up Gree Reputation Trophies to comvert to Gree Reputation as soon as the 2nd weekly cap became available, which is today.... So I popped a few of my collected Gree Reputation Trophies and now I have maxed out this weekly cap which is Friend Reputation without even puting a foot on Ilum :(

I'm already a Hero of the Gree "Honored Silver Acute." Perhaps you didn't use the right combination of trophies?

I'm confused

Edited by AshlaBoga

I'm already a Hero of the Gree "Honored Silver Acute." Perhaps you didn't use the right combination of trophies?

I'm confused

Hey Ashlaboga and congrats on attaining "Honored Silver Acute" rep with the gree. Well done!

Confusion for both of us then...

Your confused that I am not "Hero" reputation with the Gree, despite having more than enough Gree Reputation Trophies and I am confused as I have no idea what combination I should have used the trophies in so that I achieved a better reputation....

I have "Friend" legacy reputation with "The Gree Enclave", have played my 9 x level 50's each day on Ilum but only one toon has completed the mission "The Ancient Gree Relays", as it is so time consuming jumping from planet to planet compared to just parking all of my toons on Ilum for the event. Playing so many toons for this event, I also gave up on the PvP daily mayhem and Heroic's after day 2...

So, I think I went wrong by only using the "Gree Memory Core" and "Gree Data Core" after collecting at the end of each daily toon run, in no combination, just clicked them to add reputation.

My "Friend" Reputation is 9120 out of 10000 and I have maxed out my weekly cap, which means I receive this message :- "You are already at the weekly reputation cap with this group".

Naively, I am confused that there is a (mathematical) combination as to how I should have used the "Premium", "Prototype" and "Artifact" reputation trophies to maximize the weekly reputation....

So for now, I have dozens, yes dozens of Trophies to use and the event ends on Feb 26th, before my weekly rep cap is reset..

I am also hoping that when the event ends on Feb 26th 2013, I can continue to use the Trophies each week, until I run out of Trophies or the event rolls around again to continue developing my legacy reputation.

Edited by Endek
Add extra content

I have a Question I feel needs to be answered by the devs. I've maxed out my reputation both last week & this week; however, I'm still not a "champion" -- I'm "friend" rank. So, when does this event end? I know it is supposed to end next Tuesday (27th), but is that the last day of the event...or will it be gone on the 27? Basically, I'm trying to figure out weather or not I'm screwed out of the event weapons. I know a lot of people who are worried about this issue....

Aside from that I'd like to say that the devs did a really good job on this one, far better than the last two events. There is a lot of verity: PvP, PvE, World bosses, & raid fights. I would not mind seeing more events like this!! I would also like to hand down special kudos on the [Daily] Advanced Analysis/Advanced Testing mission. The third part where you have to use the mission item is a lot of fun....maybe you guys could bring something like this into a raid? It could just be for a mini-boss as far as I care...just something to break up the normal fight routines -- very fun!! :tran_angel:

Edited by Lecto
inproper grammer

Why is this crap on illum FFA? People are getting attacked more by their own faction than by the enemy faction. So much for war in star wars.

Although this does happen...I'd say it would be far worse if it were imp VS pub..they outnumber us two to one...at least this way they can kill each-other being the hot pockets they are. However, I will say the WAR aspect your talking about could work if all pubs & all imps were on the same team & you could heal/guard everyone on your team. That might work & could be a cool idea for future events. Might require some kind of adaptive/smart UI though for ops.......you know, that could change on it's own depending on who is near you & who isn't.

On a side note...I hope this is only like a once a year thing...maybe twice...it won't be special if everyone can just keep getting the items. The whole point of event items is that they are rare -- my opinion.

On Red Eclipse I accidentally attacked a group of republics with my sage. I ended sadly :)

However on this server there was a group of jerks who attacked their own faction members and they couldn't understand the problem.

Sorry Bioware but if you want a FFA event you have to do it some other way. This is now just a big BS. 6 of our guildmembers went to try this event - we had forced to split into 2 groups because of this "no ops"-nonsense. Of course my AOE attack damaged my fellow mates of the other group. Nonsense.

However when a group of republic jerks ganked us for the third time I logged of. Imperial ganking was bad enough one year ago and I'm sick of this same faction ganking.

Sad thing PvP stuff is needed to the Gree event - as I see PvE-only will be not enough to collect the minimal reputation. And this is fail.

^I had this happen...having to split up your guild blows....I wouldn't have a problem with it if I could heal the other group though.