Darkside Eyes color? why red?

saremun

Hi everyone!

i have been searching around while iam reading the book of Darth plagueis which i enjoy alot but i realy dont get something.

"Will I eventually be physically transformed?"

"Into some aged, pale-skinned, raspy-voiced, yellow-eyed monster, you mean. Such as the one you see before you. Surely you are aquainted with the lore: King Ommin of Onderon, Darths Sion and Nihilus. But whether it will happen to you, I can't say. Know this, though, Sidious, that the power of the dark side does not debilitate the practitioner so much as it debilitates those who lack it. The power of the dark side is an illness no true Sith would ever wish to be cured of."

―Darths Sidious and Plagueis discuss the physical signs of dark side immersion

after i read that and as all of us saw in movies that the sith get a yellow eyes even in the lore but yet Bioware decide to make it Red, WHY?

No, you don't get his question.

He knows why dark side corruption happens. But thematically, based on what we have seen in the films etc. red-rimmed yellow eyes are more iconic. The OP wants to know why the design team decided not to use that look instead.

No, you don't get his question.

He knows why dark side corruption happens. But thematically, based on what we have seen in the films etc. red-rimmed yellow eyes are more iconic. The OP wants to know why the design team decided not to use that look instead.

It's a game mechanic, they have five dark side levels, they then needed five cosmetic changes to differentiate how far a person had fallen to the dark side, they have probably then decided that after three levels with yellow eyes it was fitting to change it to the color red

The yellow eyes are more iconic yes, and I agree with those who find it better looking, that's probably why they have expressed how they're working towards changing the corruption system, but I also get why they did it

yeah, i mean the first think i was looking for is the look of my eyes and i liked it in rank 1-3 but rank 4 and 5 it just a bloody eyes which i really hate, what i did with some of my characters is that i choose to stay at rank 2 for the yellow eyes but then i want the look of the skin too so yeah i think they need to follow the lore and really give us the look of the sith.

btw> do you know guys if there will be more corruption ranks or not?

btw> do you know guys if there will be more corruption ranks or not?

They haven't said anything about adding more ranks, but they have said they're looking at possibly giving people the ability to manually choose which corruption level they wish to have of the five currently available

They haven't said anything about adding more ranks, but they have said they're looking at possibly giving people the ability to manually choose which corruption level they wish to have of the five currently available

I hope they do because the red eyes is bloody silly (its not canon either) it should of been yellow from dark side rank 1-5 with the red rim around them.

Edited by Trinos

I hope they do because the red eyes is bloody silly (its not canon either) it should of been yellow from dark side rank 1-5 with the red rim around them.

oh yeah i wish they do it because even if they give us the ability to choose which rank of corruption we use its still the pale face and other effeckts need to be changed, i mean really in the trailers the Sith like Darth Malgus and his Master had yellow eyes but in game we get silly, crappy looking red eyes.

Edited by saremun