1st Anniversary Fireworks are Coming!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fail to see what to "celebrate".

Maybe Quickest MMORPG to Freemium in history?

Maybe Most Disappointing PvP in any MMORPG?

Maybe Most Trivial Game to Level-up in the history of MMORPGs?

Most Hyped MMORPG in history with the biggest let down factor?

The list goes on ...

If you really think that... why are you still here on the forums and still playing the game?

December 20th marks the 1st Anniversary of the official launch of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™! To thank our community for their continued support throughout this memorable first year, we’re happy to announce that all players with a valid Star Wars: The Old Republic account as of December 10th, 11:59PM CST will receive 25 complimentary stacks of faction-based fireworks! Fireworks will be delivered via in-game mail on December 11, 2012 to all qualifying players.

Read More

Will we have the CE banners for F2P by then? :confused:

It's ok go sit in the corner and someone will bring you some nice warm milk. Considering you are still subbed to the game you must enjoy it and would welcome the fireworks to show said joy.

I am not a fan if fireworks real or virtual. Waste of time and money.

Complimentary pet, mount, piece of gear ( no stats just shell ), a title, etc. and ONLY for subs then maybe we have something to talk about.

I am just waiting for all the threads about how massive setting off of fireworks on the fleet or some other high pop area will kill the graphics engine and cause people to lag out and or DC ( at leat for us nVidia Card owners ). :rolleyes:

It would be nice if ToR could follow SWGs and every year do something special to mark being a member, like the first christmas holocrons were given out to some and then we had rare paintings or other things to decorate our ships and houses.

Fireworks are fire and forget so once we have given any one with Epilepsy an attack we will be back to waiting on more story.

I think I still had a ton of fireworks in Final Fantasy XI when I stopped playing that game.

Used a few now and then to celebrate milestones, such as reaching level caps or defeating story bosses. The cool thing there was that there was a good variety of them, and they were usually low-tier rewards for holiday event quests.

Not really feeling any excitement here.

Hopefullly there will be a surprise event or something. That would be a good way to celebrate their first year anniversery.

Definitely this.

Edited by JediMB

I am not a fan if fireworks real or virtual. Waste of time and money.

Complimentary pet, mount, piece of gear ( no stats just shell ), a title, etc. and ONLY for subs then maybe we have something to talk about.

I am just waiting for all the threads about how massive setting off of fireworks on the fleet or some other high pop area will kill the graphics engine and cause people to lag out and or DC ( at leat for us nVidia Card owners ). :rolleyes:

Agreed - fireworks in any game are totally lame - mount would have been really special. Ah well, at least we won't get the same in-game letter as last year like they did recently in WoW - not until we have a last year :)

As an aside, in WoW they used to get nice pets each year, until shop pets came along - then guess what - fireworks and the like.

More I think about it....are you forcing us to buy more fireworks after this BW? I mean...."Happy 1 Year Anniversary everyone, we know you will be using a ton of these firworks up...but if you wish to continue to enjoy this gift you need to buy more fireworks for a small fee of..."

More I think about it....are you forcing us to buy more fireworks after this BW? I mean...."Happy 1 Year Anniversary everyone, we know you will be using a ton of these firworks up...but if you wish to continue to enjoy this gift you need to buy more fireworks for a small fee of..."

: When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you’re really not that price sensitive at that point in time”

Wouldn't put it past them ...