A look into the Future (TOR's Relations to the Films)

Acheilus

I am not sure if this is the right area to post this, and it probably isn't, but this seems like a good area to post this. What if in TOR, the Sith, or some outside force stumble upon a time traveling artifact and decide to use it to fly into both the past and future to ensure that they always reign supreme. So, as the players, we are tasked with going into these "portals" and aiding the Jedi in their battles, taking place in notable scenes such as the Duel of the Fates from Episode 1. For example, this mysterious faction grants Darth Maul great power in order to defeat Obi Wan and Qui-Gon. Perhaps this is because this group displeases of Vader? Or if this is not the case, Maul is still killed and so they continue through time all the way through the Clone Wars and all of the movies. What are your thoughts on this? Think WoW Caverns of Time and this should make sense.

Alright, I value your opinion, but it just seems like a good way to get the less extreme Star Wars fans into the game by presenting them with what they know and can relate to. It would be fun for all, I think, and it allows the casual fan a way to connect, because, let's face it, most Star Wars fans probably havn't played, nor care to play, KOTOR.

I know everyone has a right to an opinion, and ideas like this are just opinions of what might be a good direction for the game, but...

NO.

Please, no.

Time travel should be used very sparingly and this sort of gimmick just cheapens the lore by tainting it with (even more) silliness.

Time Travel is not new to SW.

That said, the two main examples that come to my mind are an ancient sith ship which suffered a hyperspace malfunction and was thrown into the future. (though there was no way of going back).

And Darth Caedus's flow walking ability. Flow walking though, while giving you the ability to observe events, and influence them within your own mind, did not allow you to have any real effect on the timeline.

That said, Flow Walking could be used to take players to different events, both past or future, but you would simply be there for educational purposes, and wouldn't be able to change history. This means we could get a flashpoint where we go back to say the Great Hyperspace war, and fight alongside Sadow in a flashpoint, but really we'd just be there to uncover some sort of mystery which only partipants in the event know about.

Interesting ideas, but as many have stated, This era is a blank slate for Bioware, there is lots of potential for stories set in this period. I would like to see them expand upon that first before we start looking elsewhere for stories

I am not sure if this is the right area to post this, and it probably isn't, but this seems like a good area to post this. What if in TOR, the Sith, or some outside force stumble upon a time traveling artifact and decide to use it to fly into both the past and future to ensure that they always reign supreme. So, as the players, we are tasked with going into these "portals" and aiding the Jedi in their battles, taking place in notable scenes such as the Duel of the Fates from Episode 1. For example, this mysterious faction grants Darth Maul great power in order to defeat Obi Wan and Qui-Gon. Perhaps this is because this group displeases of Vader? Or if this is not the case, Maul is still killed and so they continue through time all the way through the Clone Wars and all of the movies. What are your thoughts on this? Think WoW Caverns of Time and this should make sense.

If anyone could go travel through time then the only thing that would matter to the person is the past because the future can already be changed in the present. For example by going back in time and destroying the Jedi before they are Jedi then what would be the point of also going to the future and doing this as well? I did think of a work around though. They could use some sort of "simulation" to experience battles of the past for the sake of learning ones history. But in that case you would still not be viewing notable characters from the movies for example. Just a thought

I see where you guys are coming from and, once again, this just seemed like a cool idea to me. While it may not be all that plausible, it just sounds like fun, and I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar to this pop up in the future, however long it may be.

I see where you guys are coming from and, once again, this just seemed like a cool idea to me. While it may not be all that plausible, it just sounds like fun, and I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar to this pop up in the future, however long it may be.

I think that we could have simulators, essentially flashpoints based off of Republic/Imperial Military creating high-risk situations in which to defeat bosses, and just as an easter egg, you get to fight Darth Mangle, a Zabrak Assassin, Lord Razor, Sith Juggernaut, Wanobi, Jedi Knight, etc. etc. etc. It might not be canon, but it'd be a funny easter egg. I appreciate Bioware's "minimal-no pop culture references" policy, but a joke or two would be cool.

The reason why Star Trek did the time travel thing is because Star Trek is a garbage properties with too many lore loopholes. Star Wars Has pretty tight lore and it is interesting unlike Star Trek so there is no need for time travel.

jedi mind trick:

this is the answer you are looking for! Never compare Star Wars to Star Trek again because Star Trek as a whole is garbage!

Ok, apparently this idea wasn't the best, but I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years, after this game probably "jumps the shark" things like these will be implemented. The problem with Star Wars is that, as an MMO there isn't a lot to strive for, as the weapons are blasters and light sabers, and the armor is usually robes or something similar, with some armor. There can't be a lot of variety.