Is it worth buying Cartel Items?

SoSickMinded

I am just a bit curious about Cartel items... I'm new to the game, but after buying several packs, I've noticed I get nothing good and the few usable items are nearly worthless in the GTN.

So, is it worth buying Cartel Coins or should I just use credits to buy cartel items?

I am just a bit curious about Cartel items... I'm new to the game, but after buying several packs, I've noticed I get nothing good and the few usable items are nearly worthless in the GTN.

So, is it worth buying Cartel Coins or should I just use credits to buy cartel items?

Use credits.

I spent over 200$ on packs so far and the only decent thing I got is a crystal that sells around 300k on GTN.

The packs are a scam.

If you want to make credits fast, you can buy pack and then sell it on GTN for about 300k.

If you don't want to grind credits in game and do not mind paying a little, you can make a fortune selling packs.

Let me know if you have more questions.

The thing is, I bought 3 packs and only got about 100k worth of items out of all 3... Considering I could make credits fairly easily through crew skills, I guess I'll just stick to buying items with credits.

Thanks for the advice and your experience with the matter.

I stopped buying the lotto packs. As I have a stupid amount of disposable income, I have bought a good fair share. What I noticed as on both packs release, for the first few days it was REALLY easy to get alot of the more desirable things. The purple weapons, the crystals of all colors, and the rarer armor drops.

I waited for awhile after this last pack was dropped on us. I bought a very generous share of both the major packs. All that I got worth anything was 1 blue crysal, 1 purple crysal, and the Ziost Hilt/Saber. Everything else was literally trash. I wasnt even getting any pets, common or otherwise. (I've done this on two seperate occasions)

I don't think it's bad luck. The sheer amount I've bought tells me the odds were in my favor to a degree. I should have gotten a BIT more of the rare items. I think that (here comes the conspiracy theory) after an alloted amount of time 'they' go back in and readjust the percentage drop rate of the rares and super rares. If you think about it, really think about it, it does make sense to do so business wise to make more money. When the pack drops initally, it's easier. They go in later and fiddle with the numbers after we all had a taste of success. Then we frustratingly go back two weeks later and get noting but emotes, a glut of toys and ultimately trash.

It wouldn't be so bad if we could just vendor ALL of it, not just a few things.

So, for tl;dr, buy lotto packs when they first drop on us, but otherwise save your coins for the real gear and unlocks and such. Big time IMO here. Okay?

Edited by Wraithe_Oza

If you want to make credits from your Cartel Coins, then get the cheapest unlocks, like Title Display and Companion Customization, and sell those instead. Otherwise, save your coins for specific items from the store you're interrested in (additional cargo bays for your whole account is a good one, especially if you simply buy them all at once). Or just because you like to gamble for some specific items from one of the packs (but that's gonna cost you a LOT).

I use my coins to purchase fluff equipment to make my characters look nifty. So I don't really do much with the packs. If there's something that drops from the packs I may be interested in purchasing, I wait till I see it on the GTN and pick it up that way, rather.

As I've noticed, when it comes to the packs, you're usually going to see the best / highest prices on the GTN in the immediacy of a pack's release. You know, when some such pet or piece of equipment is still fairly hard to come by. Given a week or so, the prices start to drop as more people buy packs and get various items from them. You know, supply goes up so the prices go down, basically.

So if you're looking to make money from the packs, now's a bad time. Most of the stuff's been out for a bit now. Wait for a new pack, rather. Otherwise, save your coins.

As I've noticed, when it comes to the packs, you're usually going to see the best / highest prices on the GTN in the immediacy of a pack's release. You know, when some such pet or piece of equipment is still fairly hard to come by. Given a week or so, the prices start to drop as more people buy packs and get various items from them. You know, supply goes up so the prices go down, basically.

It's a matter of hours really. I know I got one of those assault cannons from the blockade pack right when the Blockade pack was released, and put it on GTN the minute it's bind timer ran out for 300k. It sold before I could even turn away from the GTN. 2 hours later, there were several available, in the price range of 175k-200k. Right now, those things peak at just over 100k. So you'd have to be one of the first ~5 people to list one to get a really good price.

The only exception to that is the special mounts, like the meditation chairs and thrones. Those fluctuate heavily in their value. One day they can be as low as 2 million, the next day they all have a price tag around 13 million. And a few days later, they seem to settle around 2 million again. I figure between 2 and 3 million is their usual price though, and that the one day high was from some players who thought they could take control of the chair market. Ha, fat chance.

I don't care about making credits from makes, I was just wondering if I should even bother buying the packs to get the stuff I want or just use my credits and buy the crystals and stuff I want.

Buy them with credits. I have only spent Cartel Coins on legacy unlocks. You can usually get most things for a reasonable price of the GTN. If you have a decent amount of credits, definitely use those.

Use credits.

If you want to make credits fast, you can buy pack and then sell it on GTN for about 300k.

If you don't want to grind credits in game and do not mind paying a little, you can make a fortune selling packs.

Let me know if you have more questions.

this a great thing about getting the item that you want. all the super rare item basically sold at GTN. all you have to do is have minimum credit about 3-5 millions and often see GTN.

but the problem is how to get 3-5 millions?

JPLaro already told you to sell the pack rather use it. it's better to sell 15 packs for 300k credit rather open it.

with selling you can get credit about 4.5 millions for 15 packs and you ready to get the item that you want.

but if you try to open 15 packs it's very depend on your luck. if bad you will get nothing.

Edited by ieRAya

Cartel is worthless. I make my money crafting and wait for items to get posted at stupid low prices on the GTN or shouts. Best pull of what packs i got from CC (Never waste real money on vanity items) was that monkey pet, first pack when it went live.

When you buy packs you are gambling with your money. You might get lucky but most of the time you just waste your money.

My advice buy items and unlocks that you really want but stay away from the gambling packs since you can pick them up off the GTN . It is not hard to make 300-500k credits. Also set yourself a limit of money you are willing to spend per month and don't go over it.

When you buy packs you are gambling with your money. You might get lucky but most of the time you just waste your money.

My advice buy items and unlocks that you really want but stay away from the gambling packs since you can pick them up off the GTN . It is not hard to make 300-500k credits. Also set yourself a limit of money you are willing to spend per month and don't go over it.

yes it's not hard for 300-500k but it is hurt in a butt to get 3-5 millions though. lol

agree with limit your money spending per month.

some people buy one pack and get a Throne and Revan's Mask.

It's all about luck. But, as you know, the House always wins.

yes it is.

but having those two in just one pack? i can't imagine what kind person who had that great luck.

I used my initial subscriber's allowance to buy a bunch of Cartel packs, the more expensive variety; I didn't get anything terribly interesting to me. One thing I'd been hoping to get was that Covert chestpiece for my Sage, and after I'd opened all my packs without getting it, I took a look at the GTN and found a whole bunch of them starting at around 3K credits.

I'm thinking I'd be willing to buy something that isn't random, if they put up a suit of armor or something that I really liked. But I'm not terribly interested in those random packs anymore.

Edited by nateslice

The point of the cartel packs is not to turn them into credits, its for chance at some cool stuff. :eek:

You can get something you want faster if you sell the packs for credits and use these credits to buy what you want. The packs mostly have garbage in them except for a few rare exceptions and so the value of what you get on average is much less than selling the chance at something good.

The best way to afford/acquire what items you want from the packs is to become the middle man and resell the packs. Some direct purchases can be acquired this way as well and over the long term you can end up spending much less than playing the RNG game.

Edited by Knightsire

buy specific items you want with credits. Use cartel coins for unlocks or if you have lots of disposable $ buy cartel packs to sell on the gtn for about 300k a pop

Is it worth it? I'd say yes.... IF your a sub. You get those monthly grants. And I use those to buy CC packs then... sell them on the GTN. Easy 350K credits a piece.

Wel, I am a sub, and I used the Coins and $5 extra to buy a few of the expensive packs, but got nothing worth anything, especially not 350k... I only got about 100k out of all 3 packs combined.... maybe I'm looking at the wrong packs, but I only saw 3 in the tab for packs and bought the most expensive...guess my luck sucks lol

After reading everyone's advice, I guess I'll stick to just using my monthly coins for stuff that I like otherwise, I'll just use credits for crystals and mounts... after discovering how to use crew skills, making 100k credits isn't as demanding as I once thought.

Happy New Years,everyone!

The stuff from the packs you're are 100% better off just buying them off the GTN.

As for the rest of the stuff:

• Armor sets are purely cosmetic
  • XP boosts are a significant help leveling alts
  • Space components can be purchased with in-game currency (commendations, etc)
  • The color crystals provide a significant stat bonus, percentage-wise, at low levels, that diminishes as you level

In the end, everything on the Cartel Market is available through in-game means somehow (GTN, commendation vendors, etc). With the direct purchases, at least you know what you're getting. Buying the Cartel Packs is a good way to burn off a little disposable income for fun (like scratch-offs), but not a good idea to count on getting good things from them.

Do you guys recommend buying the more expensive packs or just the cheapest. I'm a new sub that has already bought some of these packs (and opened unfortunately) and can't remember if it distinguishes what pack you have once you've bought it in your inventory.