Normal flashpoints without healer

Today I joined a fp pug for a normal lvl 17 Hammer Station. I (vanguard) was with a shadow and a sentinel. The shadow invited one of his friends (another shadow). He told us that if we didn't like the fact that he invited his shadow friend, we just had to leave the team.

I tried to explain to him that we really needed a healer, especially against the bosses. Then, he told me that we didn't need one and apparently he never needed a single healer until he reached the hard mode lvl 50 flashpoints. So the sentinel and I left the team and made our own one.

Am I doing something wrong? Is that really possible to complete every normal flashpoints from lvl 17 to 50 without a single healer AND without a very high level player to help?

Edited by Sammm

Depends on what level all of you were.

If you were all around 17-22ish, then you would have got the crap beat out of you without a healer.

I was lvl 19, the sentinel was lvl 18, the 1st shadow was lvl 20 and the 2nd was lvl 22. So yeah, I had no idea how we could've succeeded.

I've done every FP without a heal-specced player, using a DPS-specced class with their crap heals or with a companion, but never with no player having any heal at all, and even then it requires the players to really know what they're doing. The guy is probably full of it.

Am I doing something wrong? Is that really possible to complete every normal flashpoints from lvl 17 to 50 without a single healer AND without a very high level player to help?

It is not. I've run into similar problems with people in the teens or twenties insisting we didn't need a healer for 4-person content and insulting anyone who tried to tell him otherwise. If it happens, just bail. You can't fix stupid.

I think you guys were all higher level than the content, you could have just given it a shot. The third pull has two elites, two strongs and some trash, you would have gotten a good sense if you could finish it up pretty quick.

I remember 2-manning athiss with a tank buddy. We were one level above the recommended level, and both had our companions out. This was on my bounty hunter alt, so I had Mako.

Using her heals, my self heals, and my cc, we were able to beat the FP pretty comfortably. The companion AI did some retarded things on the final fight with the fire, but we just took them on and off "passive". Pretty sure this won't apply to all FPs though.

Edited by CBRGhostRider