Failure to engage player through story

Smoda

There is one "eh, didn't expect that". Other than that it is typical military fanfare blah blah blah crap.

Well, that's exactly what I expected from the trooper story and I personally enjoyed it quite a lot. And that "did not expect that" moment is quite pivotal in turning your character from just a regular soldier into something a bit more meaningful and heroic. At least in my opinion. For me personally that was enough, I did not want to be the most special snowflake in the known galaxy, I am just a trooper ffs! :)

Have not tried other classes that much, but at least Imperial Agent story was a bit different from the very beginning and quite interesting (maybe even more interesting) as well.

But, I still think it's pretty much depends on your personal taste.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The storylines are catered to the class. A trooper will, of course, be more militaristic. Yes Sir, I'll blow the hell out of that right away. Whereas an inquisitor will torture a guy for information, and an imperial agent will do espionage..The actual questing is kind of generic mmo, because...What else do you do? MMOs you kill, gather, and talk. Not sure what else there is, really...The cinematics are amazing, in my opinion, to help with the RPG feel of it. Even in an RPG game, non mmo, what do you do? You kill and gather materials. I think you may have just picked up on the wrong class, or maybe militaristic storyline just isn't for you. Just seems kind of common sense that thats what a trooper would be an do, to me.

Well at least every class gets sprint at 13 or 14 which sure makes travel less tedious. At 25 you get a better travel ability...so this makes sense to me. It keeps you in the areas you should be in to level by restricting your travel IMO.

I know you were talking about how we get spaceship before speeder and it should be the other way around...I agree with that.

Edited by BHScum

It's funny to me, how so many people who seem so eager to play SW:TOR, also seem so eager to insist it isn't fun, or isn't good, or whatever their particular complaint.

So many people have such seemingly unrealistically high expectations, not just of this particular game, but of everything they interact with and experience in life.

It could actually be as simple as "maybe you just don't like this game?"

Whether you "want" to like the game or not... it just might not be for you.

Many thousands of players will enjoy this.

If you don't, well... maybe this just isn't your "cup o' tea."

That's how AoC was, for me. So many things i absolutely loved about that game... but it just wasn't "my thing." I had lots of fun and played with lots of great people, along the way... but it just wasn't right for me.

I loved both KOTOR games, and way back then, as i played through them, i thought: "this would be perfect for an MMO... i hope someone pulls it off, someday."

And here it is! Finally.

All games have flaws. That's just the way it is.

I will probably never say any game is "perfect," but this one greatly appeals to me.

I will probably be here for a long time... unless TSW pulls me away. I guess we'll see. ^^

It's funny to me, how so many people who seem so eager to play SW:TOR, also seem so eager to insist it isn't fun, or isn't good, or whatever their particular complaint.

So many people have such seemingly unrealistically high expectations, not just of this particular game, but of everything they interact with and experience in life.

It could actually be as simple as "maybe you just don't like this game?"

Whether you "want" to like the game or not... it just might not be for you.

Many thousands of players will enjoy this.

If you don't, well... maybe this just isn't your "cup o' tea."

Yes, it could be that simple. But I am trying to give it a chance. Why would I not be eager to express my initial disappointment in hopes to be convinced otherwise? So far not a single person has said "Yea all the stories are like that, good luck buddy". The opinion is that I just am not playing the right story for me. The annoying part here for me is that I am playing the right class in terms of game play.