Best Class And Story

joedinsdale

The consular's issue to me is less its story (I actually rather like the plot, especially Act 3), but the voice acting. They are both terminally zen, although the male one at least finds some times to shine, where the female just sounds the same no matter what is happening. Does that make sense for a Jedi? Sure. Is it pleasant or interesting to listen to for hours? NO.

Weird, I have the opposite reaction. For me the male voice makes me alternate between wanting to fall asleep and punch him in the mouth. The female voice is at least tolerable when rambling about the Force and the Jedi Code.

I'm only partway into Chapter 2 so far, but the issue I see with the Consular isn't the story in terms of what your character is doing, it's in the payoff, or lack thereof. The end of Chapter 1 felt distinctly underwhelming compared the other classes I've played (Sith Warrior, Bounty Hunter, Agent), in the sense that it doesn't really feel like you had accomplished something serious.

You'd think most of the Jedi Council could have put in appearance for the Jedi who had saved the order from an ancient Dark Side plague, or at the very least the Masters you had personally saved might have turned up to see you rewarded, but nope! Getting the Barsen'thor title really felt more like an Employee of the Month award than a singular honor that hadn't been bestowed in thousands of years.

Basically, they seem to take the 'self-sacrificing Jedi' thing to mean that no matter what you accomplish, everyone else just goes "Yup, that's what we pay you for, now go do this."

I don't mean they should have gone overboard, I find the Jedi Knight almost unplayable due to how absurdly everyone overreacts to everything he does (complete your first class mission, Grandmaster of the Order is doing your laundry), , but c'mon, some recognition would be nice. :p

Edited by jovianus

People broadcast their love for the Agent story without much elaboration, it doesn't seem reasonable to force this requirement on others.

My disdain for the Agent story broadly (and without spoilers) is that you are a lackey of the Sith Empire, this is readily and painfully made apparent to you. You're supposed to be this super secret agent, but everyone and their brother knows you are a spy. I've played the story TWICE, and honestly can only surmise that several "cool' things that happen during the story makes people like it so much. As a narrative, it's terrible. And the final adversary....lol. Every other class gets someone SIGNIFICANTLY more consequential. I could go on, but I would fall in spoiler territory.

By contrast, everyone rags on the Consular story, which is completely in keeping with a Jedi and has a better twist at the end. I've come to the conclusion that what's really going on their is that people don't want to play a Jedi like a Jedi is described (serene, reflective, self-sacrificing); they want to solve problems by shooting or poking people in the face. That's cool, but it does not mean the narrative is lacking.

My 2 credits.

You completely missed the point of the agent at the end yeah sure I agree jc feels like the more political Jedi. But I find that at the end of agent obviously spoilers. You don't do anything were your character itself is going to be remembered for he's not in it for fame he's Sam fisher. The guy who does all these things but never takes credit for it. At the end of the agent no matter the ending he goes back into the shadows of being something he always was. If he becomes a agent again does same work etc.. If he erases his name he goes on. As say the BH will be remember for what he does at the end by the world same as JK etc., Agent just goes along as if he never existed. But that is not ment for everyone I personally hate being the chosen one or ultimate ****** sith I like playing u could say the underdog which basically does more for the imperial population then any other class but never gets recognized for it like a sith or hunter would.

I liked all the political stuff with the Consular but the two mysteries were so obvious it didn't feel like a twist to me.

You learn pretty quick that all the diseased Jedi Masters abandoned some dude to die but never found the body. Now someone is out for revenge on them. Who could it beeeeeee???

When the Chapter 1 revelation comes out, all the Jedi around you are shocked and dismayed as if this was the greatest mystery ever. I found the scene funny :-) Chapter 1 was not helped by the fact that the big DS/LS choice at the end of each planet is essentially the same.

i.e. Do you kill someone who did horrible things while mind controlled.

Chapter 3 was a lot better. They make it pretty clear who's going to be the secret big bad guy, but the mystery isn't dragged out for planet after planet like in Chapter 1.