Character Talk in creation screen

Gbuss

I was just creating another character and was having some trouble making up my mind about what I wanted my character to look like exactly. I kept on wanting to make the character talk in order to see if the voice would fit with the look.

So, I was thinking, just a small thing for character creation, would be to allow players to press a button like the zoom in/out button that is at the bottom and have the character talk. Right now the only way to get the character to talk in the creation screen is to go back to the gender option, and click on the gender that you wanted. This only happens while it is zooming into the character, so I thought it would be nice to implement something like this.

TL;DR I think it would help a bit in character selection to add a button to make the character talk while you are choosing your options of how the character looks.

Let me know what you guys think! :)

Actually, when you choose the class for customization, the avatar does say 1 line. Dunno if it's really enough to base a decision on, considering it's a fully voiced game. But it's something. Also, you could create a random toon and just listen to the 1st conversation, since all stories immediately start with one.

You can jump back to the gender selection without loosing your character customizations and then pick your gender again to get the voice over. Thing is the voice over happens during the zoom in which doesnt help match a look to the voice.

Must admit some faces just dont suit the voice overs at all (Fat, old smugglers for instance).

Nice to see others try to match the 'look' to the voice. Really helps sell your character i find. They really should have (and im surprised they didnt do it) so when you left click on your character while zoomed in for appearance customizing you can make them speak a line.

Edited by BigfootNZ