Ultimate Showdown!!! Exar-Kun meets his match!!!

UndyingHadyn

So it would seem every single duel or "vs" compilation involving Exar-Kun, has always placed him on top. If there's a Jedi that could take him down, I think Obi-Wan Kenobi is able.

I'd ask the color-brigade to perform a detailed analysis of the battle between Exar-Kun and OBI-WAN KENOBI.

Exar-kun is no doubt a powerful foe (Marka endorsed), but one of the most powerful Jedi characters is without a doubt Obi-wan. I really think that Obi could put Exar down for the count.

Apologies if this particular fight has been analyzed in the past, and If it has drop a link please. My forum sub is running out, and I wanted to get a couple good threads in before i go.

I'd ask the color-brigade to perform a detailed analysis of the battle between Exar-Kun and OBI-WAN KENOBI.

How did it come to this? How did the title 'color-brigade' become so rampant in this section?

Sadly, I feel that the 'color-brigade' has disbanded. The forum activity has been fairly slow.

Anyway, I suppose I could write something up. Guess your thread will come in handy sooner than you thought, Rayla! :)

How did it come to this? How did the title 'color-brigade' become so rampant in this section?

Sadly, I feel that the 'color-brigade' has disbanded. The forum activity has been fairly slow.

Anyway, I suppose I could write something up. Guess your thread will come in handy sooner than you thought, Rayla! :)

I am honestly still around just don't have much to say waiting on certain things to be called, haven't seen beni in a long time though so betting then never will be called.

A duel such as this would probably go down like the Mustafar duel. Exar Kun would blitz Obi-Wan with a brute force offense and Kenobi would weather the attacks. I think that Exar Kun would have to pull every trick he has to get the better of Obi-Wan, but that may not be enough. What then results is an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object... until Exar Kun pulls out his Force abilities, then Kenobi is screwed.

A good match, but Exar Kun would win.

I've always thought Exur Kun was an over rated Sith Lord. the fact of the matter is that the guy was a talented jedi knight, who fell to the dark side and borrowed most of his power from artifacts OTHER Sith Lords made.

Those artifacts had lost all use by the time of Ulic's trial, your beliefs are contradicted by the canon.

A duel such as this would probably go down like the Mustafar duel. Exar Kun would blitz Obi-Wan with a brute force offense and Kenobi would weather the attacks. I think that Exar Kun would have to pull every trick he has to get the better of Obi-Wan, but that may not be enough. What then results is an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object... until Exar Kun pulls out his Force abilities, then Kenobi is screwed.

A good match, but Exar Kun would win.

A novice understudy would generally perceive that size doesn't matter -- big guy always wins. Point is "the big guy" kun, would as you say resort to "big" force attacks. Now the common misconception here is that highly powerful Jedi are extremely tuned into the force. In essence, they *are* their environment, every stick, every stone, every spec of dust in the air.....everything.

Now kun would draw on the force to generate this "big" blast of his that everyone accepts as a "kun wins button". Now Obi-wan would be able to sence the huge collection of darkside energy beginning to pool from kun. Obi would also be wise enough to accept that he is unprepared to match such an attack head on.

So what we would see here, is on one side Kun is beginning to channel a force blast, and on the other side, Obi-wan is searching with lightning fast force perception, as to what he shall use to interrupt Kun. He is already aware of absolutely every single molecule in the room....so with his sence of humor, he out-wits Kun.....with a rock.

Obi sends the rock from behind kun with just enough force to not impale kun's skull. Kun does not loose consciousness, however it is too late. Obi-wan uses a force push, which sends Kun shattering into a wall. This attack does incapacitate Kun.

Next thing that occurs in kun's world, is him opening his eyes in a special chamber of the Republic Prison. Kun is nothing more than a relic of just another failed Jedi that thought he could rule the galaxy.

Now kun would draw on the force to generate this "big" blast of his that everyone accepts as a "kun wins button".

Except Kun doesn't have to use a "big blast." He can just use the weaker blasts (like he did to Aleema Keto). And FYI, it's an 'I win button" in this case because Kenobi has no defense against it.

Except Kun doesn't have to use a "big blast." He can just use the weaker blasts (like he did to Aleema Keto). And FYI, it's an 'I win button" in this case because Kenobi has no defense against it.

Precisely why Obi-wan interrupted the attack before it began. No FYI required.

Precisely why Obi-wan interrupted the attack before it began. No FYI required.

Read it again.

Read it again.

Pfft. Kun will just saunter over and release a force fart? Even easier then for Obi-wan to diffuse. I mean if kun in your arguement, uses a "lesser" blast as opposed to a "greater" blast.... Kun would then be defeated even easier by Obi-wan.

Not to mention that your arguement is unlikely, for this blast will occur later in the fight...a last resort by kun, out of desperation against a greater foe.

Completely incorrect.

1.Exar Kun's instantaneous blasts stil knocked Aleema Keto into a coma that she didn't wake up from for days and she being a sorceress used a sorcery enhanced Force Barrier in an attempted to block the attack, Kun still smashed straight through her barrier with ease (something he actually has an affinity for as he did the same to Jedi Masters with Force Wave and the Kill variation of Force Wound).

2.Contrary to popular belief, he did not only lunge straight into lightsaber combat, whilst he did enjoy gaining total victory via a lightsaber duel, that need to prove himself vanished by the time of Ulic's trial and he enjoyed crippling Jedi with his Force Powers even before igniting his lightsaber blade, he liked to show how powerful he was by bypassing the Force Barriers of even powerful Jedi Masters, a feat that should definitely not be over-looked.

I would however like to make the point that Kun has shown that he is able to use a fully powered Force Blast when you tick him off and who is the master of Trollesu? Obi-Wan Kenobi, I also hear Kenobi has a love for taunting his opponents, which will only drive Kun's emotions even harder. Given this point, the likelihood of Kun being given the energy to blast Kenobi with a much higher charged blast of Dark Side energy, through Obi-Wan's fighting style, is high.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Pfft. Kun will just saunter over and release a force fart? Even easier then for Obi-wan to diffuse. I mean if kun in your arguement, uses a "lesser" blast as opposed to a "greater" blast.... Kun would then be defeated even easier by Obi-wan.

Not to mention that your arguement is unlikely, for this blast will occur later in the fight...a last resort by kun, out of desperation against a greater foe.

You're not getting the point at all. Exar Kun's Force Blasts are projections (beams, explosions, etc.) of pure Dark Side energy against which there is no defense unless you have an intimate knowledge of Sith Sorcery. Even then, a powerful Sorceress was rendered unconscious by one of Kun's weaker Force Blasts.

Completely incorrect.

1.Exar Kun's instantaneous blasts stil knocked Aleema Keto into a coma that she didn't wake up from for days and she being a sorceress used a sorcery enhanced Force Barrier in an attempted to block the attack, Kun still smashed straight through her barrier with ease (something he actually has an affinity for as he did the same to Jedi Masters with Force Wave and the Kill variation of Force Wound).

2.Contrary to popular belief, he did not only lunge straight into lightsaber combat, whilst he did enjoy gaining total victory via a lightsaber duel, that need to prove himself vanished by the time of Ulic's trial and he enjoyed crippling Jedi with his Force Powers even before igniting his lightsaber blade, he liked to show how powerful he was by bypassing the Force Barriers of even powerful Jedi Masters, a feat that should definitely not be over-looked.

I would however like to make the point that Kun has shown that he is able to use a fully powered Force Blast when you tick him off and who is the master of Trollesu? Obi-Wan Kenobi, I also hear Kenobi has a love for taunting his opponents, which will only drive Kun's emotions even harder. Given this point, the likelihood of Kun being given the energy to blast Kenobi with a much higher charged blast of Dark Side energy, through Obi-Wan's fighting style, is high.

There's absolutely nothing incorrect about it at all!!!

Answering your first point is easy, for Kun's blasts versus a sith, have no similarities at all. This is due to the nature of how darkside users draw upon the force and internalize it before unleashing their fury. Obi-wan is a Jedi. I've already stated how his force powers are one with his surroundings(each molecule), at all times. His ability to foresee the power of Kun's blasts, lesser or greater, would be profoundly better than some second rate sith chick.

Ok, let's say Kun decided to start blasting away straight off against obi-wan. This would probably not occur, for even arrogant little Kun would detect something powerful about Obi-wan's demeanor. Once again..Obi-wan would be wise enough not to head-butt a darkside force blast.

A master of trollesu?? Let's look at Obi's fight against Annikin. There was nothing pretentious about Obi's attitude, for he was faced against a more powerful opponent. So If you suggest that Obi-wan was able to find time to taunt Kun, and thus anger Kun... then that clearly demonstrates, by your own regard, that Obi-wan was handing Kun his own arse.

Edited by UndyingHadyn

You're not getting the point at all. Exar Kun's Force Blasts are projections (beams, explosions, etc.) of pure Dark Side energy against which there is no defense unless you have an intimate knowledge of Sith Sorcery. Even then, a powerful Sorceress was rendered unconscious by one of Kun's weaker Force Blasts.

LooooL

Sorry, but you're tunneling past my original battle description, by subscribing to the notion that Obi-wan would simply stand there and eat a blast. That's silly, for there are many different ways to win a fight. Obi-wan's situational awareness is much greater than Kun's by default. Read any book on the nature of the force, and especially one that details how powerful Obi-wan actually was. This is pleasant fiction, and an enjoyable discussion, but...

Kun wakes up in jail, amigo... Obi-wan wins this fight.

There's absolutely nothing incorrect about it at all!!!

Answering your first point is easy, for Kun's blasts versus a sith, have no similarities at all. This is due to the nature of how darkside users draw upon the force and internalize it before unleashing their fury. Obi-wan is a Jedi. I've already stated how his force powers are one with his surroundings(each molecule), at all times. His ability to foresee the power of Kun's blasts, lesser or greater, would be profoundly better than some second rate sith chick.

Ok, let's say Kun decided to start blasting away straight off against obi-wan. This would probably not occur, for even arrogant little Kun would detect something powerful about Obi-wan's demeanor. Once again..Obi-wan would be wise enough not to head-butt a darkside force blast.

A master of trollesu?? Let's look at Obi's fight against Annikin. There was nothing pretentious about Obi's attitude, for he was faced against a more powerful opponent. So If you suggest that Obi-wan was able to find time to taunt Kun, and thus anger Kun... then that clearly demonstrates, by your own regard, that Obi-wan was handing Kun his own arse to him.

Your first point has missed mine completely, it has nothing to do with how someone uses the Force, the simple fact of the matter is that Keto using her natural affinity for Sorcery to defend herself still got knocked out cold by a minor level Force Blast, Kenobi has no such defence against Kun's blasts and would be seriously injured and/or knocked out by the full-brunt of it's impact.

And once again, Kun has not once allowed his ego to blind him to the reality of the situation nor make him under-estimate his opponents, he respects all worthy opponents and seeks to bring then down hard with no pulling back.

There is a massive difference between fighting any other Sith or Dark Jedi and his own pupil turned Sith Lord Darth Vader, that battle haunted him for the rest of his life, of course he wouldn't use his personalised variant of Dun Moch mixed with Soresu to make Vader even angrier, he was attempting the entire time to calm down his fallen pupil and bring him back to the Light Side of the Force.

But the Clone Wars and many other sources clearly show him trying to taunt and demoralise his opponents, as benefits his lightsaber form, Soresu is all about a strong defence, waiting for your opponent to tire and get frustrated, taunting an opponent into making stupid moves goes hand-in-hand with how he fights.

Going further with this, Kenobi's taunts would only serve to send Kun into a rage, such a rage would only have one outcome a powerful Force Blast that targets an entire area, Kenobi isn't dodging an attack with that kind of area of effect.

Also I'd like to know how you think Kenobi can actually beat Kun, Kun's natural Force Barriers are demonstrably far superior to Obi-Wan Kenobi's, Kun has taken Force Pushes at point blank range from Ulic Qel-Droma and barely moved, the only two beings that ever managed to break his Barriers were Odan Urr and the spirit of Freedon Nadd, the first he recovered from instantly and then killed him by using Force Wound and the second is an essence which have shown the ability to completely bypass any defences a Force User has.

Kenobi however has been repeatedly rag-dolled by the likes of Ventress, Dooku, Maul and others, all of whom Kun is more powerful than, factor in Kun's ability to bypass the Force Barriers of even powerful Jedi Masters and Kenobi is in trouble.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Your first point has missed mine completely, it has nothing to do with how someone uses the Force, the simple fact of the matter is that Keto using her natural affinity for Sorcery to defend herself still got knocked out cold by a minor level Force Blast, Kenobi has no such defence against Kun's blasts and would be seriously injured and/or knocked out by the full-brunt of it's impact.

And once again, Kun has not once allowed his ego to blind him to the reality of the situation nor make him under-estimate his opponents, he respects all worthy opponents and seeks to bring then down hard with no pulling back.

There is a massive difference between fighting any other Sith or Dark Jedi and his own pupil turned Sith Lord Darth Vader, that battle haunted him for the rest of his life, of course he wouldn't use his personalised variant of Dun Moch mixed with Soresu to make Vader even angrier, he was attempting the entire time to calm down his fallen pupil and bring him back to the Light Side of the Force.

But the Clone Wars and many other sources clearly show him trying to taunt and demoralise his opponents, as benefits his lightsaber form, Soresu is all about a strong defence, waiting for your opponent to tire and get frustrated, taunting an opponent into making stupid moves goes hand-in-hand with how he fights.

Once again... I didn't miss anything about your post. It has everything to do with how they use the force! The fact that a sith witch decided to slug it out with Kun, and lost, has nothing to do with how I approached the fight between Kun and Obi-wan. She tried to dispell the force blasts... she failed... Kun's force blasts are powerful. I get it.

There... ^ even more ways how you've illustrated that Obi-wan would win. The fact that Kun was an unpredictable skirmisher...leading up to a powershot... kind of fighter, suggests that Obi-wan is the perfect nemesis for Kun.

Obi being a supreme master of soresu, would be able to, as Aurbere said, weather all of Kun's unstoppable attacks. By your sentiment, having the ability to take all the action Kun could unleash...plus taunt Kun... this would definitely provoke Kun to irrationality. Kun would fall right into Obi-wan's trap by dropping his guard for a millisecond to channel, and Obi-wan would then seal Kun's fate.

But the fact remains, that he was able to survive against a more powerful opponent. Once again... Obi-wan is a Jedi. His ability to detect Kun's force energy, and the wisdom to acknowledge said power is the reason he wins this fight. Edited by UndyingHadyn

Going further with this, Kenobi's taunts would only serve to send Kun into a rage, such a rage would only have one outcome a powerful Force Blast that targets an entire area, Kenobi isn't dodging an attack with that kind of area of effect.

Also I'd like to know how you think Kenobi can actually beat Kun, Kun's natural Force Barriers are demonstrably far superior to Obi-Wan Kenobi's, Kun has taken Force Pushes at point blank range from Ulic Qel-Droma and barely moved, the only two beings that ever managed to break his Barriers were Odan Urr and the spirit of Freedon Nadd, the first he recovered from instantly and then killed him by using Force Wound and the second is an essence which have shown the ability to completely bypass any defences a Force User has.

Kenobi however has been repeatedly rag-dolled by the likes of Ventress, Dooku, Maul and others, all of whom Kun is more powerful than, factor in Kun's ability to bypass the Force Barriers of even powerful Jedi Masters and Kenobi is in trouble.

As Kenobi would undoubtedly say....

"I don't think so".

Read any book on the nature of the force, and especially one that details how powerful Obi-wan actually was. This is pleasant fiction, and an enjoyable discussion, but...

Kun wakes up in jail, amigo... Obi-wan wins this fight.

I've read many a Star Wars book. I own nearly every book detailing how the Force 'works,' and I have read everything there is to read about Obi-Wan Kenobi (aside from the new book, haven't been able to get at it yet). Trust me, you have yet to tell me something I don't actually know.

But back to the discussion at hand.

I have not been 'tunneling' your past your battle description (not the important parts at least). You asserted that Kenobi could diffuse a Force Blast. The fact is: he can't. Kenobi has no knowledge of Sith Sorcery, which means he can't defend against it. Of course you can argue that he would dodge the attack, fine. But if/when a blast hits Kenobi is screwed.

This isn't even taking into account the other abilities Kun has at his disposal, and the fact that Kenobi has had his Force Barriers breached by nearly every Force user that he has encountered.

You know, I thought this line:

was complimentary, but you seem pretty confrontational about this. So the question is: why is that?