Poll: What do we want- new or classic?

Anysao

TOR is still fairly new, so people obviously want to see more and more! Which is understandable, but currently, the community is very polarized for what we want. Do we want something more classic, like pvp war zones, and end-game operations? Or something fresh, and unexpected in an MMO, like the ability to, I don't know, kill our companions, or more influence with dark and light side points?

So community, lets end this stupid feud, and stop confusing BioWare! What do we really, overall want? Good old fashion, or daring and new?

Post your answer. There is no wrong answer.

Current: New: 9. Classic: 0.

So far it looks like the people are looking for Fresh, new, and BioWare awesomeness.

Edited by Anysao

I welcome anything and everything and I'll just mention, since it hasn't appeared yet: story. Both "regular", such as new planets with their own storyline and the continuation of our characters' tales (one of the two should come with Makeb, along with a cap increase to incentivize it), and "innovative" like the missions related to HK-51, unrelated to leveling; personally, even though I deem it unlikely to happen, I would love companion-specific (or crew-specific, involving more than one companion) story-intense missions to be bought like Mass Effect or Dragon Age DLCs (this because the stories would have to be different for each class, hence requiring much work to complete; if additional missions would come for a shared companion like HK-51, that is, they should still be free to subscribers).

Good! And I wanted to avoid saying this, but by "new", I mean unique BioWare stuff. Companion missions, and side missions that span large-scale areas (like KOTOR's galaxy-spanning missions) for unique items, like maybe new weapons, armor, and fun stuff. The best example of this is HK-51 (only in a less-extreme reward case)

Hope that clears it up.

What I would like to see is something unique and new in a MMO with Fractions is Defection to the other side. This will in my opinion be something completely original and very complicated to pull of in a writer's stand point. I think it be nice for example having an Imperial Agent for example to defect to the Republic with knowledge of the Imperials.

Also I would like to see more of a neutral class or fraction of its own, this might be asking a little too much but eh. Because in all honesty I don't see Smuggler and Bounty Hunters really siding with anyone and more of bought Loyalty as we see through their stories (Mainly the BH's). Aside from that little digression I feel that making a neutral fraction would be really hard to pull of in all honesty but it still be nice to see.

But that is my suggestions for what I want to see I would like to see what others think.

I don't do PvP, so I won't comment on that.

But, since you mention the ability to kill companions. I wouldn't go that far, but I would like the option of not letting someone join my group/party/team/whatever or just kick them out. For example, when Gault was to join the party I always made the dialog choices that showed I didn't want him to come with me; and he joined anyway, plus it just so happens that I've made dialog choices the he almost always disagrees. My BH and him don't get along, I don't like him and wish I could drop him off in the next planet....like the never-ending class skill mission quest.

There are a few other comps I don't like all that much and I know other people's tastes are different than mine so the option should remain there for all, but Gault...jeez.

Daily companon quests, one quest pr. companon you get one random pr. day. reward companon comendations.

use companon comendations to buy new companon looks, adaptable gear for companons, maybe a few pets and titles.

Daily class quests. 5 quests you get one random pr. day. reward personal comendations. used to buy furniture for you spaceship, adaptable armorset, maybe a minime pet and a title

Also a few minigames. A couple of cantina games like a dart type game and a card or board game and maybe a drinking game.

A few minigames on planets. Podrace on tatooine, tauntaunrace on hoth, nerf-herdergame on alderan, "don juan" game on nar shadah in redlight district. Each game gives a title reward after completing it 10-25 times and a tiny chance for a pet or maybe a speeder in the race games.

That way you will get to chat with your companons again and your class"leader" e.x. general Garza for troopers.

Also it brings a new "grind" to the game. Atm we only have the geargrind and the dailycom grind, and we could use a few extra different grinds.

I really want some new stuff, like how GW2 is innovating MMOs. I want some awesome new star wars unique stuff, not sure any examples lol but definitely would like this game to be a bit more sandbox, and also it would be cool if they could have intertwined story-lines at high levels, like for example two level 50 jedi (one knight one consular) have a story quest in which they are both involved. I think that would be cool but yeah I want some cool star wars-y bioware-y stuff

Score 1 for the new. Oh, and to put it bluntly for those a little confused:

Classic: more Everquest, world of Warcraft, etc. elements like raids/operations.

New: more err... New. Like something that can't be found anywhere else.

Definitely NEW!

In order to have the resources also for creation of further "classic" stuff a game needs to continuously stand out. This happens by introducing NEW original things that the competition doesn't offer and keep introducing more every now and again in order to keep your momentum. This counts for any product sold in a fairly competitive entertainment market where you are not the dominant player.