HK-51 seems pointless don't see the hype.

gabarooni

I'm a jugg tank and only ever used my healer until I started using HK, I don't plan on ever switching back once I figured out how to use HK's true potential.

The best advice I can give people: Don't knock him until you try him. He mauls everything in his path and has a special out of combat ability he can use which instantly kills any mob that is Strong or weaker. If you honestly think he's useless and don't have him, you can't make that assertion. If you have him and still honestly think he's useless? You aren't using him correctly.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With my Jedi Guardian (tank) I used Kira (mDPS) the entire game as I liked her and thought Doc was a turd.

I've been using HK-51 (rDPS) for dailies and am having a great time with him! He is pretty ******, especially geared up.

My Jedi Sage (heals) uses Nadia (mDPS) as his companion (notice two Jedi characters, no tank/heal comps). So it isn't "pointless" to have a DPS comp.

Plus reports were saying that in the Mandalorian War (or whatever it is called) version of the new droid gear, HK is a pretty good "tanky" comp (though I don't see a stance toggle nor do I see any taunts).

Finally, when pairing with friends and guildmates, I've noticed with me as a tank they are usually a healer (odd I know) so we both use DPS companions. OR if they are DPS one of us still needs to use a DPS comp while the other uses a healer so we have the proper squad makeup of Tank, Heals, DPS x2.

But in general, there is use for him if you like the type of character.

Edited by JediCahlwyn

I didnt read the whole thread, but HK-52 is actually the best companion you can have. He does very good damage and he has a skill that one shots an enemy every 5 kills (when out of combat). Any sort of questing/grinding will be alot easier with him along.

If you need one dps on heroics quests or replacement damage on a dungeon, he is a really good choice, unlike previous dps'rs that are actually quite weak. He is a great choice for healers soloing aswell.