Sorc vid

Kreaz

Decided to take a break from healing and record my 2 day DPS respec. I slapped some of the clips together if ne1 wants to check them out.

It was fun melting nubs but I think its back to heals for awhile.

Edited by Kreaz
link fixed

• 2 weeks later...

Nice video bud. I would suggest that the next time you roll dps you try hybrid. Though madness is a good spec it is not optimal as far as sorc dps is concerned. The reason is that with madness you let many wrath procs go to waste, and the key to optimizing dps for the sorc is to use EVERY wrath proc. To that end I suggest these builds next time you roll dps, and they are also the builds I use:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201G0bZdcMMdRMZcMcRs0z.2 (for max dps)

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201hZdcMMdRrZcMcRsMz.2 (for more group support/survivability)

Just a suggestion from someone who's played a bit of the class :).

Edited by Commissar_Omega

that is absolutely not true. Wrath is a wasted proc anytime you don't use it on Crushing darkness. Using wrath on lightning strike is a dps loss overall, even when going for the chain lightning proc. Chain lightning only hits hard on crit in full lightning. Just casting force lightning again brings more damage too the table, lightning strike via wrath should only be used as a last resort execute or for mobile damage when no other options are available.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=537747. Now onto captain face roll above me. First of all a lightning strike wrath crit hits for over 2k. That's about 1.8 or so crit force lightning ticks. When chain procs off of it if you hit just 2 targets for 1800 you've exceeded what face rolling force lightning would have done in less time. You might say "what about when chain doesnt proc". That's why you use every proc instead of derp festing the force lightning key. It adds up.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=537747. Now onto captain face roll above me. First of all a lightning strike wrath crit hits for over 2k. That's about 1.8 or so crit force lightning ticks. When chain procs off of it if you hit just 2 targets for 1800 you've exceeded what face rolling force lightning would have done in less time. You might say "what about when chain doesnt proc". That's why you use every proc instead of derp festing the force lightning key. It adds up.

Yeah, was playing the lighting/madness spec since 1.3 until very recently. The usage of lighting strikes is a DPS loss. You are right in that critted lightings could deliver some punch but usually this is somewhere in the vicinity of 900-1300 dmg hence a DPS loss. The chain lighting proc is nice but majority of your critical targets are specced for AOE dmg reduction. So yes, blasting other sorcerers with this specs is fun. When I changed the armorings for assassin ones which gave me cd reduction on recklesness and 3 charges on recklesness, It became fun because less experienced melee chars were quite surprised by the fact that you can dish out 15k dmg in 3 force lightings in 8 seconds. So yes, your 1v1 chances are probably the best of all builds however, if you're not god like with positioning and LOSing (if you are that, you're better off playing other class, where your impact would be even higher), you are unwanted in ranked as you are liability due to light armor and lack of defense. in that any DPSers with brains would jump you in pair and smash you on the spot. dead in 5 seconds and no active play whatsoever. Sorcerer as of now needs some development love to be viable. There is an OP sorcerer spec as of now which is corruption/lighting (up to innervate and backlash) which is virtually unkillable and your presence at ranked games would be welcome but this spec is broken and the stun bubble will be nerfed

Thanks guys!! I haven't played much TOR in the past couple weeks. Been grinding a couple chars on C9 and running some Black Ops. Most of my options for rated teams fell through, so when I do play again I'll defn try out the Kommisar spec.:) Dude is an absolute monster so it would be foolish not to.