The Bastion DPS Leaderboard.

marshmallow

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.torparse.com/a/106588/time/1358764102/1358764416/0/Overview

Finally finished up my snipers gearing and parsed abit during a bout of insomnia this evening.

Leth/Eng hybrid with 300 crit rating, interesting note, as I rolled this character after BM gear was removed, I decided upon using the 5 energy operative bonus, under the assumption that the better uptime spent in higher energy brackets would outshine the sniper pve set bonus, so far I am very happy with the results.

Unfortunately I do not have the time, nor to be quite honest do I believe I have the skill / patience to sim out something as complicated as the less tangible benefit from this set bonus but my intuition tells me that it is at least = to the sniper bonus if not better.

Ok finally was able to read your log! Been struggling to get my hands on a sniper parse lol (tired of comparing to GS who seem to do more damage than snipers -___-)

I normalized the fights to 300 seconds

Boarder http://www.torparse.com/a/105449/time/1358679856/1358680156/0/Overview

Nachtbond http://www.torparse.com/a/106588/time/1358764096/1358764396/0/Overview

Usage (Board, Nacth)

Shatter Shot 6, 8

Snipe 4, 1

Ambush 8, 0

Exp Probe 9, 8

IP 13, 15

SoS 12, 7

OS 5 ,4

CG 14, 15

CD 14, 15

Cull 25, 30

Looking at your logs it looks we have a different rotation and playstyle. I know of 2 rotations that work well and do 2K+ DPS. 1st one is a rotation with 2 Cull : 1 SoS ratio which I use and the other one is a "more Cull rotation" which basically uses it every cooldown down to the last milli-second. I delay my my Cull so i can finish my SoS, whereas you cancel or skip SoS altogether (?) so you can Cull as soon as it becomes available. Also since i began with OS - DOTS - Cull, I was able to get in 5 OS instead of 4 OS in your parse in the same amount of time.

20 ticks of Orbital Strike 228.68 DPS (with 2pc PVP bonus) vs

12 ticks of Orbital Strike 127.54 DPS

===========================

Board

Series of Shots 227.51 - 55% Crit

Cull 529.5 - 52% Crit

756 DPS

Nacht

Series of Shots 144.17 - 63% Crit

Cull 25 693 - 64% Crit

837 DPS

At first glance it looks like the "more Cull" rotation is better but at the same time, your SoS and Cull had a high crit chance. I dont know how much of a DPS loss it will be if we adjust your SoS and Cull to the normal 50~% that we can get in our spec/gear. Although in my opinion both rotation works equally fine; which is "better" largely depends on what playstyle suits the player the most. Thanks again for the log! I use the 2:1 Cull:SoS because I have someone to compare my logs to which is my GS bud. Maybe now is a good time for me to try out the "more Cull" rotation. :o

My only suggestion is use Lazed Snipe on cooldown. That should be a DPS increase for a 1.4 second cast.

4 hits - Snipe - 42.71 DPS compared to

1 hit - Snipe - 12.87 DPS

In the same amount of time 300 seconds. If you had used 1 more Orbital (by beginning with OS -> DoTS -> Ambush) and used 3 more Lazed Snipe (only 1.4 second cast times), that should raise this parse

2093 DPS http://www.torparse.com/a/106588/time/1358764096/1358764396/0/Overview to

29.84 DPS with 3 more Lazed Snipe +

101.14 DPS with 1 more Orbital Strike = 1 (if you get the 2pc PVP bonus)

2093 DPS + 130 DPS = 2223 DPS 300 seconds.

This is with a 60% Crit chance in your Cull and SoS which is unusually high. LULZ idk if my math is right. I suck at math. There are other things to consider too.. like giving up the extra 5 energy from your Operative set bonus as well as what abilities you might use less if you incorporate those 3 LS and the 1 OS that I suggested. I've been bugging my GS buddy about that darn 2257 parse of his (well not so much..) and he insists that 2050-2100 IS MORE THAN FINE. 2200+ is only with a near perfect execution and lucky crits, hardly something to hope for in an actual raid setting.. "B'oarder was killed by Saturation Fire for 5093 damage" :eek::(:mad:

Edited by paowee

On a final note... 1 SPEC 2 rotations both 2K+ DPS:

2 Culls : 1 SoS Rotation

2247 Wales [Gunslinger] http://www.torparse.com/a/93206/time/1357597029/1357597329/0/Damage+Dealt 5 minutes 0 seconds

2165 Me [sniper] http://www.torparse.com/a/105449/time/1358679856/1358680173/0/Overview 5 minute 16 seconds

"More Cull" Rotation

2157 Nacht [sniper] http://www.torparse.com/a/106588/time/1358764102/1358764416/0/Overview 5 minutes 14 seconds

2176 Akopra [Gunslinger]

5 minutes 0 seconds

Akopra is a beast. He uses the "more Cull" rotation and you can tel it from his SoS use. His rotation is also almost non-existent... He starts with his burst and then basically just puts DoTs as they come off and Cull's on cooldown. That requires a lot of looking at the debuff bar.. The CLICKING is probably to show people which abilities are "queued" and is going to be used NEXT.

Also he runs 220~ crit rating as you can see in the video coz.. he rocks Marksman a lot in raids! :cool:

Edited by paowee

The disparity between GS and Sniper which appears to be attributed the virtues of dual wielding has long been a source of unhappiness for me, sniper logs at 2100+ are much rarer than GS ones, and I have yet to see a 2200 sniper log.

My rotation is basically 3xDots 2xcull per set + OS on cooldown, this runs the benefit of higher dps core rotation, at the expense of being much more energy heavy. On the surface it may look like adding more fillers would be a pure dps gain but it also runs more risk of dps loss due to over expenditure of energy in pursuit of those fillers. I'm fairly certain I could not add say lazed snipe on cooldown to my rotation without actually losing dps at current. I can't even manage a SoS (my highest prio filler) in every free gap without running the risk of impacting my ability to maintain the core rotation energy regen RNG depending.

Akopra to his credit seems to have struck a perfect balance, knowing his APL of fillers near perfectly. Working towards that playstyle is probably optimal, if one has the time, alas I believe it may not be possible for snipers, as all 3 GS DoTs can count towards culls 2x DoT bonus, where as only the poisons do so for Snipers, making it possible to ignore a DoT falling off for GS as long as 2 of the 3 are active. This makes cull on cooldown possible as long as 2x dots are ticking, which would be always for almost any decent player, you then build your rotation around a strict actions priority list trying whilst constantly aiming to stay in the higher energy bracket... Makes me wish I had rolled a GS instead.

The disparity between GS and Sniper which appears to be attributed the virtues of dual wielding has long been a source of unhappiness for me, sniper logs at 2100+ are much rarer than GS ones, and I have yet to see a 2200 sniper log.
i know! le sigh... :(

My rotation is basically 3xDots 2xcull per set + OS on cooldown, this runs the benefit of higher dps core rotation, at the expense of being much more energy heavy. On the surface it may look like adding more fillers would be a pure dps gain but it also runs more risk of dps loss due to over expenditure of energy in pursuit of those fillers. I'm fairly certain I could not add say lazed snipe on cooldown to my rotation without actually losing dps at current. I can't even manage a SoS (my highest prio filler) in every free gap without running the risk of impacting my ability to maintain the core rotation energy regen RNG depending.

When i was experimenting with hybrid last year i tried various different rotations including

dots + 1 cull + 1 sos

a) dots + 2 culls

b) dots + 2 culls + 1 sos

along the way i met my GS buddy and we had the same ish APL. it was then that i continued to pursue the dots + 2 culls + 1 sos rotation. and abandoned the dots + 2 culls rotation. in the end the difference as we've seen from your parses is almost negligible! both playstyles seem to be able to hit the 2k mark, with a) utilizing more Culls and Dot uptime and b) utilizing more SoS / fillers. nice to have confirmation from a fellow sniper!

Akopra to his credit seems to have struck a perfect balance, knowing his APL of fillers near perfectly. Working towards that playstyle is probably optimal, if one has the time, alas I believe it may not be possible for snipers, as all 3 GS DoTs can count towards culls 2x DoT bonus, where as only the poisons do so for Snipers, making it possible to ignore a DoT falling off for GS as long as 2 of the 3 are active. This makes cull on cooldown possible as long as 2x dots are ticking, which would be always for almost any decent player, you then build your rotation around a strict actions priority list trying whilst constantly aiming to stay in the higher energy bracket... Makes me wish I had rolled a GS instead.
QFT. That and his Marksmanship raid parses are crazy.

Makes me wish I had rolled a GS instead
>_<

anyway i just got home and looking forward to trying out dots + cull rotation again!

Edited by paowee

:confused: some people swear by GS dots working for their Cull and some don't. I'm personally neutral about it because i cant test it myself. Here is a post of a guy who says the opposite of you >___<

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=584434&page=5

The post you intended to link supports what I was saying that all 3 GS DoTs count as a DoT for the bonus cull damage, but that this bonus damage is capped at 2 Dots.

Edited by Saferai

• 2 weeks later...
DEAR GOD. Did I just see a merc over 2.1k? Reposting that to my server's DPS thread, that's awesome! Good ****.

Haha, thx dude. Yeah there was a point a few months ago where I was like 'I'm either gonna figure out how to get my deeps up close to snipers or I'm re-rolling a sniper' lol. I still can't beat the best snipers but I'm close enough to be happy with him. Plus gotta love the heavy armor and the DFA animation :D

And Vexo ur so cute, I love ur dps threads ;)

-Captaincoke

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway to the other snipers i was having a conversation with in this thread, i found out last night, the problem...

For the loooongest time i've pondered how in the world Gunslingers can hit 2.2k easily while im stuck in the 2100s sustained and I almost gave up and succumbed to the ~"rumors" that Snipers are gimped and GS mechancis are better. GS dot mechanics, however different they may be from a Sniper ~should not give them a DPS advantage. Snipers can definitely hit 2.2k.

MY problem was.. I was using a Blaster Rifle. #facedesk.

Sniper Rifle > Blaster Rifle. Snipe rifle = more DPS. I was surprised I got 2200 5 mins in a few attempts compared to many hours of attempts and not even getting past 2168 with a Blaster. I was mildly surprised and facepalming at the same time. All this time throughout the entirety of the HM TFB patch till last night, i've been rocking a S-311 Fusion Saboteur Blaster Rifle. Hey it looks sexy to me! :mad: so w/e :o..

Analytical View:

http://www.torparse.com/a/133419/time/1360917417/1360917717/0/Overview

Log View:

Beginning of fight - 00:36:51.747 http://www.torparse.com/l/133419

Edited by paowee

Darn it Captaincoke! u passed vexo!

heres mine a new one awhile ago

2122 dps

http://www.torparse.com/a/103043/time/1358562586/1358562886/0/Damage+Dealt

lol he didn't pass me

No I can't beat Vexo on a dummy or on most bosses...but c'mon! Ima Merc! show me some love Vexo geez...wait till i decide to level my marauder and put u in ur place ;)

And B'oarder, too bad i had to go newbish on those adds on Xeno and get myself killed while we were the only ones with the sacks to get into ur parser. Next time ;)

-Captaincoke

• 2 weeks later...
Hey I can beat up a dummy!

http://www.torparse.com/a/100276

Captaincoke

2117.6 dps Mercenary-Arsenal

Hey I am from the server Begren Colony. Let me congratulate you on that parse. Its the highest I have yet seen for merc/commando. Would you be willing to discuss your spec and/or gear with me. It seems I can not make any more improvements on my 2K parse.

Hey I am from the server Begren Colony. Let me congratulate you on that parse. Its the highest I have yet seen for merc/commando. Would you be willing to discuss your spec and/or gear with me. It seems I can not make any more improvements on my 2K parse.

Hey there, thank you for the sentiment.

I can't say I'm doing anything groundbreaking in the spec and stat department, but here's how I'm set up:

Build: 6/31/4

Stats:

Aim: 2446

Power: 899

Accuracy: 300 (100.27%)(110.27% Tech)

Crit: 261 (38.3%)(39.48% Tech)

Surge: 300 (76.28%)

Relics: Dread Guard Relic of Kinetic Tempest & Dread Guard Relic of Boundless Ages

2k is pretty solid, it's a rarity that I hit 2.1k, but i can often get in the 2050 range when things are going smooth. Let me know how your build and stats stack up.

• 8 months later...

I really don't understand this.What s the big deal about 2100?

Full pvp gear gets 2274.14 and Im not that good or have my rotation sorted.

No adrenals either. Actually records would be way higher than this from players that can actually play.

APM Hits Damage DPS Normal Hits Normal Damage Crit Hits Crit Damage Crit % Interrupts

46.13 1048 1005623 2274.14 840 578005 208 427618 19.85% 0

http://www.torparse.com/a/503353

I really don't understand this.What s the big deal about 2100?

Full pvp gear gets 2274.14 and Im not that good or have my rotation sorted.

No adrenals either. Actually records would be way higher than this from players that can actually play.

APM Hits Damage DPS Normal Hits Normal Damage Crit Hits Crit Damage Crit % Interrupts

46.13 1048 1005623 2274.14 840 578005 208 427618 19.85% 0

http://www.torparse.com/a/503353

Dat ninja necro skillz