Comms and 2.0

QBSlide

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DEV Quote: Additionally, with Game Update 2.0 there will be a one-time "overflow" limit in place that will allow players to go above the maximum. Planetary Commendations will have an overflow limit of 100.

My big question is the word "players". Does that mean an overflow of 100 comms per character on the server, or a total of 100 comms per *account* on the server? I have 12 chars on Ebon Hawk, so does that mean all together they can't exceed 100 comms? Or does that mean with 12 chars, 1200 coms (100 per char)?

My big question is the word "players". Does that mean an overflow of 100 comms per character on the server, or a total of 100 comms per *account* on the server? I have 12 chars on Ebon Hawk, so does that mean all together they can't exceed 100 comms? Or does that mean with 12 chars, 1200 coms (100 per char)?

Per Character.

• Dev Post

Hi again!

It was pointed out that the conversions I gave don't list the Tionese Crystal:Planetary Commendation ratio, which is 2:1. We'll get the Patch Notes updated with this info as well.

What level will we be able to purchase the pvp gear?

In Game Update 2.0, Warzone Commendations will not change at all from their current functionality. There will not be a weekly limit and the current cap will remain at their current levels.

Also the PVE gear you get with comms at 55 are these restricted to purchase at 55 or can you buy them as you get comms enroute from 50 to 55?

I double checked with the developers on this one: All gear that can be purchased with Classic Commendations will be level 50, so you'll be able to purchase those pieces at level 50. As for gear purchased with Planetary Commendations, the Makeb gear is currently level 52, but you'll be able to use other Planetary vendors to purchase gear below level 52. On a side but related note: Level 55 PvP Gear will not be able to be purchased until level 55.

Edited by AmberGreen

Hi telosweb,

This is a great question! The Patch Notes will include the following weekly limits for each Commendation type, which will reset at the same time as the weekly Operations lock out reset schedule. Please note that these have been updated and are not the same numbers that were on the PTS:

• Planetary Commendations - Unlimited Weekly; 50 Maximum
  • Classic Commendations - 200 Weekly; 400 Maximum
  • Basic Commendations - 300 Weekly; 600 Maximum
  • Elite Commendations - 200 Weekly; 400 Maximum
  • Ultimate Commendations - 150 Weekly; 300 Maximum

Thanks for responding, but I am not sure I understand the reasoning behind these caps.

Right now I can have 1000 BH comms and that is the equivalent of about 15-20 pieces of gear. Apparently in the new system a single piece of gear costs 150 comms. That means you can save up for 2-4 pieces.

This could result in situations where for example my main (healer) is capped and therefore there is no point in getting more. So why would I play my main when I am geared at a given level of gear? It means less willingness to participate in lower tiers of activities than you are geared for. If I have full gear that requires Basic commendations, then I will no longer feel rewarded for doing those activities that reward those commendations.

Right now it's like, why not, I can always use em later for an alt. Now, I will look at it and think well, I am gearing my main now so I won't do those activities and people will have to do without my healer or tank for the time being if they are not on the same gear level. I guess, looking from the outside in, it looks like these limits may discourage people helping each other out when they are not rewarded for doing these things. Talk about playing for fun all you want but not getting rewarded for doing ops because you are capped, won't encourage people to help each other out.

So then I could expect the following comments in chat:

"Sorry, can't help you with my healer. I am capped out on my comms. "

"LF1M tank EC HM pls. Pay 250K"

Of course I haven't played 2.0 and all yet, but I hope you can understand my concern here. Any words from you that can help me here?

okay, so I'm confused. Is there any big changes or problems coming with 2.0? Why's everyone buzzing?

You mean, aside from the class balancing changes, the updates to the comms (listed above), a new Operation, new Flashpoint(s) and the Makeb content update?

Not much.

Classic, Basic, Elite, Ultimate?

What are these going to be used to buy?

Thanks for responding, but I am not sure I understand the reasoning behind these caps.

Right now I can have 1000 BH comms and that is the equivalent of about 15-20 pieces of gear. Apparently in the new system a single piece of gear costs 150 comms. That means you can save up for 2-4 pieces.

This could result in situations where for example my main (healer) is capped and therefore there is no point in getting more. So why would I play my main when I am geared at a given level of gear? It means less willingness to participate in lower tiers of activities than you are geared for. If I have full gear that requires Basic commendations, then I will no longer feel rewarded for doing those activities that reward those commendations.

Right now it's like, why not, I can always use em later for an alt. Now, I will look at it and think well, I am gearing my main now so I won't do those activities and people will have to do without my healer or tank for the time being if they are not on the same gear level. I guess, looking from the outside in, it looks like these limits may discourage people helping each other out when they are not rewarded for doing these things. Talk about playing for fun all you want but not getting rewarded for doing ops because you are capped, won't encourage people to help each other out.

So then I could expect the following comments in chat:

"Sorry, can't help you with my healer. I am capped out on my comms. "

"LF1M tank EC HM pls. Pay 250K"

Of course I haven't played 2.0 and all yet, but I hope you can understand my concern here. Any words from you that can help me here?

If you are capped spend them. If there is nothing you want to buy with them then what difference does it make if you earn them or not? If you believe its a waste buy something and wait 2hrs and vendor it.

So you will only play your healer when you get something and not to help a friend out?

Hi telosweb,

This is a great question! The Patch Notes will include the following weekly limits for each Commendation type, which will reset at the same time as the weekly Operations lock out reset schedule. Please note that these have been updated and are not the same numbers that were on the PTS:

Additionally, with Game Update 2.0 there will be a one-time "overflow" limit in place that will allow players to go above the maximum. Planetary Commendations will have an overflow limit of 100, and Classic Commendations will have an overflow limit of 800. Basic, Elite, and Ultimate Commendations do not have overflow limits. The overflow limits are not in addition to the maximums amounts above; they're the total number of Commendations of that type that players will be able to hold after Game Update 2.0. Anything converted above the overflow limit will be lost. Players who have used the overflow limit and have more than the maximum number of Commendations will not be able to gain new Commendations until they fall below the maximum amounts.

so because the currency tabs have a current cap of 1000 per planet, you are basically destorying all those comms players have gotten, i understand you dont want people to have a huge amount of comms, so why not actually implement a ratio of how the planetary comms are transferred over to 2.0

ie. 10 hutta comms = 1 planetary comm, 9:1 balmorra (imp)/taris(rep), etc..

on my BH i have a total of 440 comms about 170 in taris comms thru FPs, so basically im losing A LOT of comms in the switch

So here is a question then. Should I hurry up and use up all my daily comms then? Since the ratio of them is 4:1 when we turn them in, shouldn't I spend them now? Like in the daily commendation vendor, something that costs 120 daily commendations now, after 2.0 will it cost 120 basic commendations too? Or will the prices be fixed to where it will cost just 30 basic comms? Edited by QBSlide

We still didn't really get a solid answer on the PVP gear.

Does that mean that NO PVP (even Elite War Hero) gear will be obtainable once 2.0 hits, letting everyone rely on Bolster 2.0 instead?

And only until we reach Level 55 will we be able to buy the new gear beyond Elite War Hero?

Or will there still be new Level 50 PVP gear to purchase with comms when 2.0 hits?

1. As of now, it's all Level 55 on the PTS if I'm not mistaken. If that's the case, everyone should be spending whatever comms they think they'll be able to earn back from level 50-55 in PVP, either in buying armor for toons or medpacs to sell for credits.

2. If there's going to be new or still-available Level 50 gear, then we should be saving maxed comms for 2.0

Which is it?

Arbitrary way to extend the content of a single new raid at level 55. Pretty sad really, and it is only going to drive players away. Those kind of restrictions are just going to discourage players from doing more than necessary because they wont want to hit the cap.

So here is a question then. Should I hurry up and use up all my daily comms then? Since the ratio of them is 4:1 when we turn them in, shouldn't I spend them now? Like in the daily commendation vendor, something that costs 120 daily commendations now, after 2.0 will it cost 120 basic commendations too? Or will the prices be fixed to where it will cost just 30 basic comms?

Check here for the most recent prices from PTS before it closed. These prices are subject to change though so don't blame anyone if they do. I personally plan on saving mine as the gear I'll be able to get (even with a reduced conversion of 4:1) is much better than what I could get on live.

We still didn't really get a solid answer on the PVP gear.

Does that mean that NO PVP (even Elite War Hero) gear will be obtainable once 2.0 hits, letting everyone rely on Bolster 2.0 instead?

And only until we reach Level 55 will we be able to buy the new gear beyond Elite War Hero?

Or will there still be new Level 50 PVP gear to purchase with comms when 2.0 hits?

1. As of now, it's all Level 55 on the PTS if I'm not mistaken. If that's the case, everyone should be spending whatever comms they think they'll be able to earn back from level 50-55 in PVP, either in buying armor for toons or medpacs to sell for credits.

2. If there's going to be new or still-available Level 50 gear, then we should be saving maxed comms for 2.0

Which is it?

As of the last version of PTS there was no starter (L50) PvP gear at all. The new gear is 146/150 rated (same as WH/EWH) with slightly different normal stats and much higher expertise than either WH/EWH. They are level 55 only and you CANNOT purchase it before 55. How and when you spend your comms might depend on certain factors. If you are at or will be near cap when 2.0 starts you may want to PvE your way to 55 so that you can start earning comms again. If you'd rather PvP then spending some now might be best for you.

While I didn't get a chance to test PvP out in my brief testing on PTS, my understanding is that bolster helps tremendously even if wearing all greens. There were some reports of players just equipping their main and off hands and still performing well due to bolster. Mind you, any and all of this might change for live.

As of the last version of PTS there was no starter (L50) PvP gear at all. The new gear is 146/150 rated (same as WH/EWH) with slightly different normal stats and much higher expertise than either WH/EWH. They are level 55 only and you CANNOT purchase it before 55. How and when you spend your comms might depend on certain factors. If you are at or will be near cap when 2.0 starts you may want to PvE your way to 55 so that you can start earning comms again. If you'd rather PvP then spending some now might be best for you.

While I didn't get a chance to test PvP out in my brief testing on PTS, my understanding is that bolster helps tremendously even if wearing all greens. There were some reports of players just equipping their main and off hands and still performing well due to bolster. Mind you, any and all of this might change for live.

The answer on the pvp gear is correct there will be no more recruit gear or warhero or elite warhero once 2.0 hits the only gear you will be able to buy with wz coms is when you are level 55, Now as far as the bolster goes it is about the same as wearing recruit gear expertise wise but you will still get face rolled by people with full warhero gear reguardless of what BW tells you it is best to earn coms now and then when 2.0 hits pve your way to 55 and use the coms for the new gear.

Edited by Kaizersan

So here is a question then. Should I hurry up and use up all my daily comms then? Since the ratio of them is 4:1 when we turn them in, shouldn't I spend them now? Like in the daily commendation vendor, something that costs 120 daily commendations now, after 2.0 will it cost 120 basic commendations too? Or will the prices be fixed to where it will cost just 30 basic comms?

Stuff cost roughly the same as they did before just your daily coms become classic coms and classic coms are much easier to get since you can get as much classic coms in 2.0 as you could get daily coms since quest that gave daily coms will now give classic coms.

So basically classic comms will be worthless unless you want to get 63's for some stupid reason in 2.0? So they are more useful to use up all your comms and reverse to obtain and sell mole stabs right?

You could do that. Of course Molecular Stabs will also be mostly worthless come 2.0. It's a whole new top end gear set. You should be thinking of it as the top end gear now, becomes Tionese gear with 2.0 (or it will after about a month or two). It will be useful for getting you to 55. It will be useful for companions. It will be useful for entry to Ops. But it's last years model as far as the gear goes.

Ok my comms are all max to 1000 accept black hole is at 315 I spend some of it so who is good in math? I like to know how many classic comms that will make? I think I wiil be loosing some, can anyone answer this for me.

Thanks

Did the math:

166 from Tionese, 250 each from Columi and Daily and 315 from Black Hole

Total Classic Comms received will be 981, 181 over the cap.

My advice for spending Black Hole comms is to spend them before 2.0 patch. The reason is becasue as long as the 1:1 conversion rate holds true, you can buy more now with them than you will be able to once they are converted to Classic Comms. For example:

148 Black Hole Comms now will get you:

1 Black Hole Chest Armor ( 60 BH Comms ) - (Includes 1 armoring, 1 mod, 1 enhancement)

1 Campaign Chest Armoring (44 BH Comms )

1 Campaign Leg Armoring ( 44 BH Comms)

For a total of 5 slots worth of Mods for gear + shell. Then you can also use a tio/colu/rakata piece to put the BH armoring into and rip it back out after 2.0 to transfer the set bonus to the armoring (thus letting you end up with 2 level 61 armorings that include the set bonus).

150 Classic Comms after 2.0 will get you:

1 Campaign Checst Armor ( 150 Classic Comms ) - (Includes 1 armoring, 1 mod, 1 enhancement)

For a total of 3 slots worth of Mods + shell.

Also, when you compare the cost of Black Hole Belt & Bracers to Campaign Belt & Bracers after 2.0, you can buy both now for 70 Black Hole Comms where as 1 of them will cost 70 Classic Comms alone after 2.0.

Campaing and Black Hole are both level 61 mods, so you get more out of your BH comms now vs saving them to buy Campaign gear after 2.0.

This ONLY applies to BH comms......save all the other comms / unassebled pieces to convert to classic and use them for campaign gear post 2.0 instead of buying < 61 gear now (unless you are going to use it to apply the set bonus to BH armorings post 2.0 as I said above).

Edited by Jilisipone