HK-51 Still NOT Fixed For Low Level Characters!

zDAKz

Least they could do is make it 1,000,000 to unlock HK for a faction rather then per alt, much rather see that then scaling gear

And I'd rather a chance to level with him, since I think getting a Companion at max level is kind of pointless.

To each their own.

I'm a little confused. Do you think that they are planning on giving out gear for HK that automatically changes level as you level up with him? If so you are going to be bitterly disappointed. This feature is never going to be implemented.

The most you can hope for is that the gear that comes with HK will be equivalent to your characters level when you get him. From there on you will need to upgrade him just like any other companion.

Excuse my ignorance but whats the issue? I got HK-51 yesterday and then bought him on my low level for 350 cartel coints (1 mil is a bid ridiculous imo). Anyway, I took off his level 50 gear, put it in the bank for later and then bought green/blue peices for him and spent a total of about 40-50k. He is great, does great DPS and is perfect for my sawbones leveling. Whats the issue?

I'm a little confused. Do you think that they are planning on giving out gear for HK that automatically changes level as you level up with him? If so you are going to be bitterly disappointed. This feature is never going to be implemented.

The most you can hope for is that the gear that comes with HK will be equivalent to your characters level when you get him. From there on you will need to upgrade him just like any other companion.

well.... that is what they said lol

Excuse my ignorance but whats the issue? I got HK-51 yesterday and then bought him on my low level for 350 cartel coints (1 mil is a bid ridiculous imo). Anyway, I took off his level 50 gear, put it in the bank for later and then bought green/blue peices for him and spent a total of about 40-50k. He is great, does great DPS and is perfect for my sawbones leveling. Whats the issue?

It's a minor issue really, basically the droid companions previously were all tanks so the gear is tank gear. There are custom droid parts in cybertech but if I remember you'll be in your 30s by the time you can get a full set to put proper dps mods in.

I think an easy fix would be to set the level requirement on his orange shells to 1 but still put level 50 mods in it, that way you can at least put dps mods in while your leveling if you choose to. In the meantime using the tank gear for the lower levels is not a huge deal, it's just irksome.

Also, what stats should he be focusing on?? His armors are all Aim/endur but his weapons are Cunning. what gives?

You can use either one, they both count as a primary stat and provide the same benefits. I just use a mix of whatever's clever.

Also, what stats should he be focusing on?? His armors are all Aim/endur but his weapons are Cunning. what gives?

From what I have read he can use Aim or Cunning they both are a main stat for him, I use him on two lower alts and just buy the main stat item that cost less and he does incredible DPS IMHO.

Oh awesome good to know. I bought some Aim weps just to keep everything even but thats good to know I can use either. And yes, his DPS is great and hes fun to watch when hes fighting. The end game quest was worth every minute I spent doing it. Edited by SRTtoZZ