Community Round-Up: February 1st, 2013

CourtneyWoods

Hey everyone!

Please use this thread to discuss the Community Round-Up as well as nominate any threads, events, or discussions about SWTOR for next week's blog.

You can also PM me any nominations! :rak_grin:

As a friendly reminder, the purpose of this blog is not to highlight the most talked about issues on the forums or for popular community concerns or issues. We’re looking for suggestions of fun, interesting, and productive threads that highlight the community and its creations and activities. Submissions that don’t meet the guidelines will be removed.

Thanks for staying on topic!

1.7 please?

This made me laugh. 2 posts under this thread and both are asking the question people want to know nothing about the community round up.

Is the communty round up a bit pointless isn't there a more productive use of time than getting together events in the past none of which happen on my server and a few threads which I would have already read if I was interested in them? Wouldn't a better community round up be getting developers to give answers to that weeks more important thread topics? Like 1.7 when? ROTHC what more can we expect? Cathar when will we see them and if they sell what species will we see? And any other hot topics.

This is a lousy way of saying you're too lazy to give us any real new updates. If people are interested in community events they will check their server forums. Considering how you borked so many major updates in the past. Wouldnt it be a good idea to actually have 1.7 on PTS untill its ready before you go out and say its gonna come out next month or so?

How about giving us updates on what we actually want to see/hear? Character copy over to PTS and when 1.7 arrives on PTS.

Fairly certain that 1.7 will hit PTS on Feb 5th. Regardless, let's focus on the actual topic rather than a tangent - mods tend to delete off-topic posts after all.

How wonderful that YOU are fairly certain it'll hit on Feb 5th. What made you come to this certainty?

As always no usefull information, nor question replies. They posted a lot of players working.

Seems that players is doing more than bioware.

They dodge real questing since day 1

imbalances.

where's the guild capital ship?

World pvp?

Those stories should have different paths? its illusion.

What are guilds for? A chat room, theres no cool features.

As always no usefull information, nor question replies. They posted a lot of players working.

Seems that players is doing more than bioware.

They dodge real questing since day 1

imbalances.

where's the guild capital ship?

World pvp?

Those stories should have different paths? its illusion.

What are guilds for? A chat room, theres no cool features.

Come to POT5 and I can answer the world pvp question for you. See the YouTube videos in my channel (signature below!).

I'd like to hear an update on:

1. New armor models - PVP and PVE - are we getting new armor models with Makeb through pvp, raid content, and flashpoints/ comms vendors?

2. Ranked PVP - any updates on this? When is season 1?

3. Legacy system - you have many subscribers with legacy level 40+ by now with very little exclusive content - any update on what we can expect?

4. Valor 100+ : any plans to increase the valor cap or include content/gear/titles for those pvpers who have been sitting at 100 valor for a while?

Thanks!

R.A.W (Ranked APAC Warzone) Championship - Season 1

SWTOR eSports Competition live from the Master Dar'Nala server.

8 Teams will battle it out each week to determine who will be crowned the R.A.W Champions.

The competition starts Monday 18 February at 8:30PM AEDT.

Catch all the live action at www.zer0ping.com

--

SCHEDULE:

Round 1

Monday 18 Feb

8:30PM AEDT - CORE (2) v WOOKIE LEAKS

9:30PM AEDT - EWOK'ALYPSE NOW v TBD

Thursday 21 Feb

8:30PM AEDT - CORE (1) v STRIKE TEAM

9:30PM AEDT - BOSS v THE MOIST

Round 2

Monday 25 Feb

8:30PM AEDT – WOOKIE LEAKS v TBD

9:30PM AEDT – CORE (2) v EWOK’ALYPSE NOW

Thursday 28 Feb

8:30PM AEDT – STRIKE TEAM v THE MOIST

9:30PM AEDT – CORE (1) v BOSS

Round 3

Monday 4 March

8:30PM AEDT – CORE (2) v TBD

9:30PM AEDT – EWOK’ALYPSE NOW v WOOKIE LEAKS

Thursday 7 March

8:30PM AEDT – STRIKE TEAM v BOSS

9:30PM AEDT – CORE (1) v THE MOIST

FINALS

Elimination Finals

Monday 11 March

8:30PM AEDT - TBD

9:30PM AEDT – TBD

Thursday 14 March

8:30PM AEDT – TBD

9:30PM AEDT – TBD

Semi-Finals

Thursday 21 March

8:30PM AEDT – TBD

Grand Final

Thursday 28 March

8:30PM AEDT - TBD

---

For more information, visit the website or go here

I have tried to send this to you but I could not find a way to send this as an email. All links on your website as to how to contact you either wind up saying that I have to call or create a ticket in game. I tried the ticket and the limit on length prevented me. I tried to call but gave up after a half an hour in a queue. So, with yet another dose of frustration, I will post here. I apologize for that to everyone else but I could find no recourse. You can, and I expect that you will, remove this as soon as you see it but at least I got the information to you.

I am giving notice.

I have played since beta and I have been a subscriber since day 1. I do not pve as there holds no appeal for me. I only pvp and level new toons.

PvP is a horror now. Almost every game is a steam roll with most of them being in favor of the other guys, or at least it feels that way. I have a conquerer among my toons and I have topped many a meter in all respects: medals, damage, heals, etc, so I am not a novice.

I am just tired of being owned by mostly tanks that do things that no one seems able to explain. They do 2-4 times the damage my sorc can do. They can put me in acid where stuns break on damage and keep stunning me again and again and again until I die. I never get immune and they never run out of stuns. Sometimes, they are immune before the first stun comes their way. This is not against all warriors. I have solo killed many of those but they were limited to what the game allows. If you are going to make classes that are completely helpless when the warrior is on top of them, you MUST make ways for them to get away. All that you have provided, they can counter but the reverse is not true.

For this, I recommend that you have a trinket to break CC that includes immunity to all CC for 3-5 seconds. I really hate using my trinket only to get hit with 4 more all at the same time. I hate being stun locked and unable to cast even ONE instant cast spell before death.

Second, you really need to do something about the cheaters. I do not hold much hope for you ever getting around to that. After all, you have not reduced the number of game play bugs noticably from the early days. As you were not finding them, we have done some of our own looking. We found that "Goof Troop" has something that locks onto the IP addresses of opponents and spams it with hard hits. This makes for major lag and they just walk over us. We have gone into a ranked warzone against them and our players are experienced and geared. In the end, we were trounced and not one of was able to get even ONE kill!!! That is more than annoying.

For this, I suggest that you allow us to leave ranked warzones with no penalty in the first minute or so. That way, when we see them, we can just leave and let them have fun alone. Will this ruin all pvp where they try to play? Of course! It *should* ruin their game. If you cannot handle them, let US do that part!

Note: The offenses of "C O V E N A N T" in pvp are too numerous to list.

In short, the game has become a frustration that is too much to bear. I find myself leaving warzones DURING the play and logging. I am doing the pvp dailies less and less. I used to be on for hours each day. Now, I am on until my frustration is overwhelming which is now almost always so soon that I do not finish my dailies. Also, I have been intentionally missing days at a time because I just was not up to putting myself through that.

Your game has become something that ranges from a burden to outright torture. I know that my pvp buddy feels the same way though he has been pressing me to give up SWTOR for a while now. We have started playing Guild Wars 2 and are having fun. We are playing that more and more and playing swtor less and less. I like your game but it does not become fun or at least not soul destroying, I will reluctantly have to go elsewhere.

Get it together, guys! You want our money. We want a good time. Make it happen!!!