Force Powers Knight and Warrior DPS vs Tank

LordValnor

I have a kind of off question, but do sith/jedi tanks have more force skills than the DPS side? I see that the Jugg/Guard can use one lightsaber and heavy armor, but how is that better for PvP?

My other question is, since they get one lightsaber, is it decent damage? Can you make it decent damage? Can the traditional tank class be a good mix of DPS and tanking?

Last, since tanks get one lightsabre, can they get a "larger" lightsaber? One that is a bit bigger than the dual wielders more ment for a two handed weilder? If I have just one lightsaber I would be swinging it with both hands lol.

Yeah, I though it may get confusing, sorry it is early in the morning here lmao. Let me make it more simple. Can a Sith Jugg be viable in PvP/DPS? Also, do sith jugg / jedi guard get two handed lightsabers? Or is it considered just a 1H lightsaber? When attacking with one lightsaber do you swing with both hands or just one?

Excellent, thats is great news! I just wanted to be certain I would be able to deal out good damage, and if needed, tank. I like a good mix of PvP and PvE. For PvE I tank, PvP you kind of have to do damage lol.

As for my other question, does anyone know if the lightsabers used by jugg/guardians are two handed or "main hand" weapons? Are there even two handed lightsabers? (aside from double sided). I am looking to get feel like I have a two handed lightsaber lol.

Excellent, thats is great news! I just wanted to be certain I would be able to deal out good damage, and if needed, tank. I like a good mix of PvP and PvE. For PvE I tank, PvP you kind of have to do damage lol.

As for my other question, does anyone know if the lightsabers used by jugg/guardians are two handed or "main hand" weapons? Are there even two handed lightsabers? (aside from double sided). I am looking to get feel like I have a two handed lightsaber lol.

There are no 2-handed lightsabers in the game. Shadows and Assassins use the DBL mainhand and focus/shield offhand.

You have a few questions here. Let me see if I can answer them.

In many mmos like WoW, there are 1H and 2H weapons. 2H weapons have higher rated dps with slower swing speeds, logically doing more dmg per swing than 1h weapons that swing faster. So if there are only 1H weapons in SWTOR then why should you limit yourself to one as a Jedi Guardian or Sith Juggernaut. To further explain your question, you are curious if additional force power abilities are granted to single lightsaber classes which offset the omission of an offhand saber.

Whereas the animations for Guardians/Juggs are two-hand stylized I do not know if they actually do more damage. But the class has a far different role to play than their dual wielding counterparts. Much remains the same as they do share their base class but are given different abilities which center more on mitigating damage than strictly dealing it. Guardians/Juggs also get shield generators held in their off-hand designed to mitigate damage received and provide stat bonuses.

Everything considered they are evenly matched with equal gear and equal skill. There are aesthetic decisions to make in the beginning but really only one to consider for the elder game: Do you want to strictly deal damage, or be able to tank one day and dps the next?

Didjeridoo,

You seem to understand exactly what I was asking! lol! I guess the real only question I have remaining is if the animations while using a single lightsaber are melee attacks swinging the lightsaber with one hand or two hands? Now that I know there are no 2H lightsabers for jugg/guardian, do they at least swing the lightsaber with both hands? I am more interested in being able to dish out damage and take on damage, so a Jugg/guard is my prefered choice as of now. Plus, the tank classes get cooler looking armor lol.

So, to sum it up, when I attack with a single lightsaber, will I strike using one handed swings or will I use both hands on a swing for the animation? I feel it silly to swing a melee weapon with one hand while you have two capable to make the hit look harder and stronger lol.

The jugg/guardians use 1 saber and 1 shield in the off-hand.

Maruaders/Sentinels are duel wielders with sabers in both hands.

There are no 2-handed lightsabers in the game. Shadows and Assassins use the DBL mainhand and focus/shield offhand.

it's a little confusing but I think he's asking about having sabers in both hands which Marauders/Sentinels do.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

Guess I will have to see for myself lol, everything so far seems to be a fit for my play style aside from my dislike of having one hand waving around while the other is swinging a one hand lightsaber lol. I find it silly the character would not attack with both hands on the weapon, since there is only one lightsaber lol.

Some of the animations however do have you using both hands on the saber. Even at rest with the light saber out on Guardians they are gripping it with both hands. However they are considered single hand weapons to answer your question OP. Sorry no claymore styled sabers.