The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

i stayed with the group and waited on pulls and all that up to the last boss. Every group ive been in on that last boss has one dd on the boss and everyone elset killing the turrets.

The healer and tank done a great job. My complaint is that they blamed ME when the other dd was spamming their free attack the entire flashpoint and failed to notice it, or thought that was acceptable.

And if no one ever complains about or points out the weak link in a group, then that weak link will continue to be just that in every group.

Your fault ,mate. You made the fight harder when you continued attacking the boss and ignored the turrets .

Its funny I came across this post. I have'nt even used group finder yet and have only play in a group a couple of times and never PVP'd. The reason I shy away from groups is im dont want to be one of the guys you just posted about. I have a couple level 50's and working on more so its not like I dont know how to play but........idk.:o

I know what you mean - I used Group Finder for the first time recently to do a Flashpoint quest and got told off because i was attacking too much!?! I dont understand the etiquette - its all very confusing.:o

I know what you mean - I used Group Finder for the first time recently to do a Flashpoint quest and got told off because i was attacking too much!?! I dont understand the etiquette - its all very confusing.:o

As said above, either you were ruining pulls by pulling before the tank, or maybe you were ignoring kill orders. Always let the tank pull first, and always kill weak to strong. Protect your healer by pulling weak mobs off of it and killing them quickly. Once all the weakest mobs are dead work with your fellow dps/tank to kill the stronger enemies. Focus firing will make every pull less stressful on your healer.

And try not to break cc. Some groups run together a lot and don't mark out who they are going to cc, try to get a feel for what the group is doing.

I actually felt bad for a dps we kicked last night, I guess all the enemies were invisible to him or something. Every fight he hit /stuck and went to re-spawn. The third time somehow he pulled aggro on a champ mob he couldn't see, ran it all the way back to us and then once we started killing it just kept running. Reason for kick: "I have no idea man" He left without a word.

Sometimes you get young kids who really don't know what they are doing. There is nothing wrong about them not knowing, they have the right to play and are unlikely to understand easily what you expect of them. I believe we all need a little bit of patience.

Finally get my jugg on a new server to 19 and into the Warlord set I'd had made for her, fully kitted out in level 19 blue armourings/mods/enhancements, feeling like a boss with 5.5k hp at under level 20. Queued for Athiss and got an instapop, 2 level 22 mercs and a 26 marauder. As soon as we zone in, guard on the marauder then watch the "healer" for some sign that he's going to switch to combat support cell.

Nothing.

Wait.

Finally I tell him he's been tapped to heal and he'll need to change cylinder. "I'm the healer? But I'm a tank". This is a merc talking. I facepalm, take a deep breath and type "You're a merc, you can't tank". The others say nothing, just stand staring at the first pull of mobs between us and the explosive pack. The merc finally replies "I guess I can heal you guys, but I like to tank" and then promptly uses Death From Above on the first pull. Othermerc and the marauder then go piling in and they kill the pack, although first merc finishes on about 50% health after making no attempt to heal himself other than a single Kolto Missile BEFORE activating DFA.

I attempt to imagine the next 20 minutes in the company of this merc tank who's supposed to be healing and my brain balks at the idea.

Oh well, maybe tonight.

Hammer Station HM. I and two of my friends queue as a tank/healer/dps group. I'm the healer. I have been playing my merc healer for awhile, but used my much better geared, but rusty sorc healer this time.

The group finder dps is an extremely well geared op and looks to be in a hurry as he was off running right away. Stunning stuff and even pulling a few of the easier groups. Still things went well until the first boss.

Having been healing for a long time and back on my awesome sorc I get cocky and let the debuff build awhile, then bam! I cleanse it.

Ummm, Cleanse!

CLEANSE!!!

Oh crap. Wrong button.

Tank dies. Bring him back. DPS dies. Tank dies again. Second DPS dies. I die. ****.

I feel bad and apologize profusely, still I expected a huge explosion. And boy was I right.

The group finder dps, "No problem, it happens."

Bonus boss. I swear remember if I just stand off to the side I can heal and not get hit by the aoe. First big aoe, I'm stunned, massive damage. This pattern continues as I scramble to keep everyone healed, while all of us take the full brunt of the aoe.

Here it comes.

Group finder dps is going to blow up and let me have it. Deservedly. Two screwups in one flashpoint;?

"We should try all stacking within your puddle, should be easier on you."

No issues and no more wipes.

Group finder dps said "Good group" at the end.

Weirdest group finder ever!

Why the freebies are not the bane of TOR?

Black Talon SM run with PT right after becoming one, level 10 and all.

Team. Sorc heal, mara, sorc dps (yellow/black saber)

Prevent myself some bollocking and write straight away that the ion gas cylinder could not be trained, therefore had to resort tanking with the plasma cell. 1 and only answer from the team was from guy with yellow/black saber: " what are you talking about? "

my reply was simply " nvm "

working up to our boss was a standard issue mara-jumping-before the tank kind of thing, and heal that saw fit not to heal until I was like 20% or less of my total health, with our mara friend randomly saying " cura " (heal in italian and spanish ) everynow and then.

first boss ( the republic guys ), a disaster cuz me and yellow/black pulled trash while they went for the bosses. Make it through it with 3 casualties, me included.At loot roll, our sorc healer saw fit to need on the chestpiece meant for our mara friend.

I go that you can't even use that, and our yellow/black saber sorc shows up again asking why?

went on and explained Sorc = light armor

that item = medium

And i also explain that this kind of thing is called ninjaing and usually results in a vote kick. Yellow/black sorc agrees. Sorc heal ( the ninja ) and the mara ( the victim of said ninja ) stay totally silent.

Moving up, ghull goes down alright and I also win my own chestpiece, with the other folks doing legit rolls on it.

Bonus boss. Everyone was pressing the switches for the last phase but our sorc heal and mara though it was too mainstream so kept clearing trash while me and black/yellow keep telling to go back, we got ingnored by them and started kickvoting the mara with back-up from yellow/black.Failed.

Keep saying that I won't budge till bonus is done. Sorc heal finally speaks and whisper to go f myself.

Reply in chat saying that telling me that still won't make me and yellow/black budge from the bonus.

They get back and bonus dies real quick. Drops inquis chest. Need on it and win it. That should teach him about telling ppl to f-off.

Of course, again, our healer friend and mara think it's too mainstream to move from lastboss when she charges her move, so weeeeee all over the room... but dies, somehow. oh yeah also healer needed on the adv. reflex barrel 2 in some pathetic attempt to retaliate against my roll earlier on. :p

And that is all.

Relocating back to my main toon to rack enough adv. XP boosts to not have to go through this stuff again until faaaaar later on. :)

Why are freebies not the bane of TOR? Cuz this whole pug was of subbers, complete with level 10 mount thingy and rocket boots. :D

Edited by Tachenko_Yuri

They get back and bonus dies real quick. Drops inquis chest. Need on it and win it. That should teach him about telling ppl to f-off.

Dickmove, nonetheless. I also don't understand the attempted Mara-kicking. At least he wasn't the one insulting you nor a ninjalooter? Unless you kept something out of the story.

had a fun one today. decided to dust off my neglected (I pretty much upgraded her gear and then didn't log in one her for a while) baby (lvl 23) powertech. queued up for a random, got hammer station. not a problem, I know that flashpoint pretty darn well, and that particular character can also get both shortcuts. checking out my group.. dps seem to be around same level, sorc healer. plop down guard on one of the dps, noting that I can always switch it if needed.

the other powertech in a group takes off running before i can finish saying hello.

ooookey, I guess its going to be one of those groups, you know the one where you try to outrun the dps? hoping that sorc manages to keep up, I start my race with the powertech. who apparently really wanted to tank. and I mean really.

because when he realized that I can match his rocket boots and I know that place well enough to keep staying ahead of him? he started taunting.

how do I know? because my target had 2 taunt icons on their debuff list. and only 2 of us could taunt (can't even remember what class the other dps was, other than - not that class that gets taunts).

so I politely tell him "please stop taunting"

and he proceeds to pull a trash group that makes zero sense to kill unless you are clearing to bonus boss on hardmode. I ask him - why did we pull that group?

"cause I felt like it"

sigh.

and people wonder why there's a shortage of tanks in groupfinder.

as there was no point in kicking or making a fuss at that point, I just put him on ignore and finished the flashpoint, all the while wishing that ignore was account wide..

and what pissed me off the most is that he knew EXACTLY what he was doing. I have no problem with people who are new, people who make learning mistakes, people who need things to be explained to them.

this was someone being annoying, because they felt like it.

Dickmove, nonetheless. I also don't understand the attempted Mara-kicking. At least he wasn't the one insulting you nor a ninjalooter? Unless you kept something out of the story.

they both moved up so one was as good as another. and the insult came around after the kickvote.

Of course, if that reason wasn't good enough, could always use the reason of him pulling before tank (me) on 90% of the mobs... :p

Edited by Tachenko_Yuri

they both moved up so one was as good as another. and the insult came around after the kickvote.

Of course, if that reason wasn't good enough, could always use the reason of him pulling before tank (me) on 90% of the mobs... :p

of course, keeping such a strict order is absolutely necessary in a lvl 10 2-man-flashpoint. You have no taunt nor stance, nothing made you tank except your ability to check "tank" in groupfinder. Every tank companion at lvl 10 can tank better than any player "tank". So you could just get over your special snowflake syndrome and be not a douche.

Though, I agree with you, it *may be* considered impolite to not wait till you, the not-yet-but-soon-to-be-tank attacked first. But given your attitude, and since it is a no brainer flashpoint, where you don't need a healing or tanking class at all.. get over yourself, seriously.

Edited by Michirure

heh

Hammer station : Our Tank appears to have the protection levels of a paper bag (he's level 16) so I have a look at his gear ... All green about 6/7 levels under his level.

So I say in all innocence " you may as well take off your armor and run this naked, we are just as likey to complete this either way"

OH DEAR... not the best thing to say in the circumstances.

lets just say epic caps rant about how his main toon has 53 million credits ?!!? and we are all total and utter noobs and that I dont know the first thing about the game....

Then he literally huffs out back to the entrance and promptly leaves the FP. ... classy :)

So I summon Treek, put her in Tank stance and we make it all the way past the Boss Droid ( with a quick change for Treek to Healer stance) intact then finally we get a replacement just before Burner,bones etc.

Out tanked by an Ewok.... o dear >:)

Edited by monkeydud

It's BT, there is no reason to kick people for pulling ahead of you....it is not like you can truly tank. Marauders also get 2 good defensive CDs pretty early, so he in fact may have been able to resist more damage. On the other hand about the bonus boss, it is not something to kick people over skipping, and I still don't understand why you vote-kicked the marauder instead if the sorc. Needing on that piece for spite was also quite rude. Just relax and don't work yourself up over a level 10 FP.

of course, keeping such a strict order is absolutely necessary in a lvl 10 2-man-flashpoint. You have no taunt nor stance, nothing made you tank except your ability to check "tank" in groupfinder. Every tank companion at lvl 10 can tank better than any player "tank". So you could just get over your special snowflake syndrome and be not a douche.

Though, I agree with you, it *may be* considered impolite to not wait till you, the not-yet-but-soon-to-be-tank attacked first. But given your attitude, and since it is a no brainer flashpoint, where you don't need a healing or tanking class at all.. get over yourself, seriously.

yeah you're totally right. good point not to teach them how stuff's done straight away, specially when in hammer station there's that mob that, if pulled wrongly, or the wrong people pull, can , and will wipe the whole group. :p

p.s. when no one gets away from asara in her cyclone attack and all get swept, people don't need heals, no sir :D

yeah you're totally right. good point not to teach them how stuff's done straight away, specially when in hammer station there's that mob that, if pulled wrongly, or the wrong people pull, can , and will wipe the whole group. :p

p.s. when no one gets away from asara in her cyclone attack and all get swept, people don't need heals, no sir :D

You were not in Hammer Station. Actually people learn quite fast what kills them, but that requires this given factor. It is not met in Esseles or Black Talon by people pulling before the wannabe "tank". And, from a long experienced healer and tank, the healer's job is to heal inevitable damage. It's not his or her job to babysit lazy people parking in dangerous situations. You don't need a special class for the starting flashpoints. If there was a requirement for lets say a tank, you were given tankstance and taunts at lvl 10, see?

The only thing you "taught" was that you're a ninjalooter. I'd have booted you right away for that, if not earlier for your obnoxious attitude and finished the flashpoint with the "freebies" you so generously bash.

Edited by Michirure

I usually check for experience and gear at the first. I joined on war games on a lvl 39 scoundrel who was decently geared. Finished the introductions and out of the blue one guy asks "Can we do the bonus here??? Plzzzzz". :eek:. To top it off, the other 2 use all kinds of emotes and signs to support him. I tried asking them if they were new to the game. All respond saying that they done it before, its easy and stuff.

The group was supposed to have 1 tank, 1 healer and 2 dps. But we ended up with 2 tanks, 1 dps and 1 hybrid healer. I check the item equips. The shadow tank is using Str equips and the healer is in complete Aim. The guardian was geared for his class.

We start the fp and i ask for the tank to call out CCs and Los. They say "Screw it, we are over geared". And we end up kissing the ground in under 5 mins.

I ask them again to CC the bots after the turrents. The healer has no clue of CC. Everyone was between lvl 40-43. The mobs were not dying fast enough and we got rolled. I get blamed for low dps output. I make it a point to ask one of the tanks to tank. Both were using guard on the smugglers. I ask the guardian to switch to shii cho form for more damage output. He tells me that he is comfortable using guard stance. Again we rush in, use CC for only 1 min and get rolled again. The healer comments that he thought the CC lasts until the mob is damaged. Apparently he had confused tranquilize with stun droid.

They decide to try again and i decide to go with it. Repairs on lower level tend to hurt alot less as compared to higher levels. The shadow has a 'epiphany' and decide that it would be safer to stealth across the bots. I said that it wont be possible cause the bots might have improved stealth detection. after a minute of debate, the guardian gives in and said that he will follow us. We get to the first wave of bots and the cover is blown. They are again at the bring of dying and i use disappearing act after the tank and healer go down cause i did not want to die. The other tank begins flaming that i left him to die, i glitched to avoid damage and loose aggro. I leave the group and they begin swearing that i am a chicken who does not know how to finish it. I stay silent, re queue again and finish war games with a different group who knew the fp.

Vanguard at about level 27 stacking will mods because they give more endurance

Level 40 sentinel stacking Endurance, Defense and Crit as to have maximum survivability through watchman burns.

And my favourite...

Obviously geared and specced (in greens) for tanking shadow, who swapped to a DPS stance because I got tank role, and then spammed taunts the whole time.

You were not in Hammer Station. Actually people learn quite fast what kills them, but that requires this given factor. It is not met in Esseles or Black Talon by people pulling before the wannabe "tank". And, from a long experienced healer and tank, the healer's job is to heal inevitable damage. It's not his or her job to babysit lazy people parking in dangerous situations. You don't need a special class for the starting flashpoints. If there was a requirement for lets say a tank, you were given tankstance and taunts at lvl 10, see?

The only thing you "taught" was that you're a ninjalooter. I'd have booted you right away for that, if not earlier for your obnoxious attitude and finished the flashpoint with the "freebies" you so generously bash.

I'm totally with Michirure in this case.

People usually need a time frame to learn things.

And - to "teach" people the Trinity in an level 10 FP is like letting an 10 year old boy learn how to drive a car. In RL.

Sure, he'll need it for real cars several years later - but for a Kettcar ???

In Esseles / Black Talon, the usual mistakes can easily be overlooked - and politely explained. I did the Esseles often enough without having a tank in my group (not using GF for it), so I do know that the Holy Trinity is just unneccessary for the Esseles / Black Talon.

It's an Training area, nothing more.

You could have explained to them what's an more effective way instead of just punishing them.

In the end, effectivity is all that counts. Nothing more.

GF just lost itself a tank for OPs last night. It was honestly pretty smooth going overall until Op IX. There were some deaths before that, full wipe on the first datacore room, but literally none during the boss fights. We did have issues with the other tank not getting that when we swap on Kel'sara he needs to pick up the other boss, but we made it through. We hit Op IX and it all goes to hell. One of the healers was quite a bit off considering his gearing but it was survivable. What wasn't survivable though was the other tank not listening when over and over and over the taunt order was explained and yet he didn't listen. Taunting groups off me and leaving no way for me to pick up the additional adds coming for the channeler, not picking up his initial group and forcing me to pull them, then try and hold off the next wave with force pull and overload until I could taunt again because there was clearly something he wasn't getting; we had a bad time.

The ONE time we made it through to get Op IX up people's circles were left up and apparently the better-geared heals went to sleep and it was game over.

I feel like I either need to give it up and stick to just filling in for other guild runs or I'm going to become so repetitive in trying to make sure everyone understands the fight that it's going to be miserable for any new kids running with me.

working up to our boss was a standard issue mara-jumping-before the tank kind of thing, and heal that saw fit not to heal until I was like 20% or less of my total health

You could do the BT as DD (level 10) without any heal, so I don't see why you are blaming anyone here?

So to answer your question: Dudes like you are the bane of SWTOR.

You could do the BT as DD (level 10) without any heal, so I don't see why you are blaming anyone here?

So to answer your question: Dudes like you are the bane of SWTOR.

I completely agree. This guy is the perfect example of the douche that ruins a flashpoint.

Ok, I'm not sure about who was at fault here, so bear with me.

Queue my Powertech up for GF, and he's a DPS. But, I forgot to uncheck it, so when it pops for Colicoid Wargames, and I'm the tank, I'm a little worried. But, hey, I'm next to the skill respect guy, and I'm armourmech, so I queue my companions to craft me tank gear, respect to tank, and head to the area. I mention that I'm not normally a tank on this character, but have respecced, have tank gear being crafted, and know how to tank with a vanguard, so it won't be any problem.

When I arrive, I find that someone's already started the turret. on their own. They die, and the Colicoids then begin wandering into the hangar area, killing us straight after respawn. It's pointed out that perhaps that starting the turrets wasn't a good idea, and someone else says (one of the dps, I think) that "there's no point without a real tank". He quits, a new (and much higher level) dps joins, and we finish the whole flashpoint with no trouble whatsoever.

Who was at fault here? Should I have quit immediately to allow a proper tank to join? Or was he just someone who's bound for the ignore list?