Companion Gift Charts

gtox

Thanks to the downtime, which is always during my nightshift job, I was bored enough to make some Gift Charts. Enjoy.

Sith Inquisitor

Sith Warrior

Bounty Hunter

Imperial Agent

These were made for the purposes of my guild, so I only made ones for the Empire classes. If Republic people want them as well, say so and I'll do that next week during the downtime. :jawa_tongue:

There are a few websites with similar lists.

http://www.swtorface.com/p/swtor-companion-list.html and http://www.swtor.com/node/312541 have all of them.

Not sure why people keep linking swtorface. Yes, the information is listed there, but it is not in an easy to use chart that compares side-by-side which gifts are best for which companion.

The charts simply make it faster to get maximum affection gain for every gift.

And that "node" link is horrible. It doesn't even list the "favorites".

Here's a table of how much affection you actually gain. For an explanation, read below.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2hq8izp.png

And here's (mostly) how the affection is calculated (at least for non-negative affection values):

The base affection gain is 24.

There are a few things that affect how much affection you get:

• Gift type
  • Gift rank and current affection
  • Gift rarity (colour)

Gift Type

For the gift type, each companions separately ranks each gift type on a scale with 4 grades. Torhead used a "star" rating, so that is what I have in the table. Referencing the linked sites, "1 star" is "likes", "2 star" is "favorite", "3 star" is "loves".

For a 1 star gift, multiply the affection gain by 1

For a 2 star gift, multiply the value by 2.25

For a 3 star gift, multiply the value by 4

Gift rank and current affection

Your affection value with your companion is converted into an affection rank. Each rank consists of a range of 2000 affection and starts with rank 1 for 0 to 2000 (or possibly 0 to 1999, I havn't managed to get any data on the exact value of the threshold).

Subtract this from the gift rank and call it the gift rank difference. E.g. if you have 6500 affection (affection rank 4) and give a gift of rank 2, the gift rank difference is 2 - 4 = -2.

Gift rank

difference Multiplier

-4 0

-3 0

-2 0.2

-1 0.5

0 1

1 1.1

2 1.3

3 1.5

4 1.5

Gift rarity

For a premium gift, multiply the gain by 1

For a prototype gift, multiply the gain by 1.666...

For an artifact gift, multiply the value by 4

After multiplying it all together, the value is rounded to the closest integer.

Edited by Malle

There are plenty of guides already on the forum, here is one I created in the beginning. Why reinvent the wheel twise? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=44009

Because there isn't a reliable search engine on the forums so things disappear in the flood of posts.

Also, your post contains inaccuracies.

At level 2 affection, between 2.000 and 3.999, a rank 1 gift will only give 50% affection points, at level 3 affection it provides 25% affection points and so on.

50% is right for gifts one rank below, but two ranks below it's 20%. For instance, a premium loved gift two ranks below the affection rank gives round(24*1*4*0.2)=round(19.2)=19 affection (base, premium multiplier, loved multiplier, multiplier for 2 ranks below).

You've also hosted it at a site which requires me to allow the page to run scripts just to see the page, and which even then doesn't work properly (for me) in Firefox (3.6.13).

Also, your post contains inaccuracies.

50% is right for gifts one rank below, but two ranks below it's 20%. For instance, a premium loved gift two ranks below the affection rank gives round(24*1*4*0.2)=round(19.2)=19 affection (base, premium multiplier, loved multiplier, multiplier for 2 ranks below).

You've also hosted it at a site which requires me to allow the page to run scripts just to see the page, and which even then doesn't work properly (for me) in Firefox (3.6.13).

I just tok the info from the homepage i refer to. Is there any chancen I can take help from your pictures you linked insteed?

I just tok the info from the homepage i refer to. Is there any chancen I can take help from your pictures you linked insteed?
No, go right ahead. Feel free to use the images I've created, or make your own way to present it.

This guide is flawed, as are all the others I've seen. They all say that Andronikos Revel (Inquisitor Ranged DPS Companion) Likes Trophies. I have him at about 2k Affection and I get 0 Affection by giving him a Rank 5 Trophy.

• 3 weeks later...

just a question for anyone who can answer it.

Jaesa Willsaam, is she Dark Side or Light Side romancible?.... i know "romanciable" isn't a real word, but I'm sure you get the meaning ;)

I see the OP chat shows she is only DS romanciable, but another link in this thread says she is LS?

I hope she is DS romancable.....

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Inquisitor One is wrong... says Ashara likes courting and she dosnt at all

This all depends on when you gave it to her? I tried giving some to her, but like you, she gave me +0. Until I got her to a certain point, can't remember where, I think it was around 1k, and she wanted to talk. Women always want to talk... So when we were talking, I was able to flirt with her. From there on, her likes went up quite a bit. She now LOVES courting gifts (+++). Most guides you'll see have a split for her. The split if for when she turns courtable. Just keep giving her Rep stuff, and eventually she'll open up. She's a real tough one to relate with.

Another annoying thing about her I've noticed is that she always wants to talk on the ship. She won't talk in the cantina. I'm guessing that's because in a bit things are going to get hot and heavy and she's not into voyeurism :D:D

I've noticed something strange with the math here. I'm giving Ashara premium rank 1 courting gifts and she's at 3400 affection. So that's:

Premium: 1x

Rank Diff: 0.5x (-1)

Courting: 4x

round(1*0.5*4*24) = 48, just like the charts suggest. However, I'm getting only 19, which is suggesting a rank diff of -2. What am I missing here? She's 3400, which means rank 2 affection and a lvl 1 gift, 1-2 = -1...?

Inquisitor One is wrong... says Ashara likes courting and she dosnt at all

For companions to like courting gifts you need to be opposite gender and you need to have started the conversations that lead to romance sub-plot.

If you have not done this, it will give 0 affection

• 4 months later...
just a question for anyone who can answer it.

Jaesa Willsaam, is she Dark Side or Light Side romancible?.... i know "romanciable" isn't a real word, but I'm sure you get the meaning ;)

I see the OP chat shows she is only DS romanciable, but another link in this thread says she is LS?

I hope she is DS romancable.....

Thanks

She is only romancible dark side as it says in my companion guide here : http://www.swtorface.com/p/sith-warrior-companion-list.html