unable to crit low level crew gathering missions

DarthCuisinart

For the last 4 days I have been trying to gather materials with my other toons to outfit a new smuggler. I have two 50s at 400/400/400 and nearly all crew members at 10,000 affection, and yet I can't seem to get a single break, after spending days doing nothing but sending crew out on materials missions. My lvl42 Armstech is drowning in carbo-plas, getting 6-8 pieces of it at a time, mission after mission after mission, all supposedly rich yield or at least abundant. No crits, no purple mats.

Has it always been this big a waste of time? SWTOR is starting to make me feel stupid, like someone is laughing behind my back for flushing my life and my money down a hole. I'd get more out of my time trying to learn a new language, or practicing guitar.

Never mind - one mission later, and I'm a happy Pavlovian click-puppet again. :p

Edited by DarthCuisinart

I know what you mean, especially at the higher grades, running missions for nearly an hour not to get the mats you wanted is annoying. I've mitigated this by just running missions all the time, so I eventually got a stock which I can now draw on and then replace.

The last poster, not worded the best, but either buy the mats directly from the gtn or go for the slicing missions.

It's called RNG, which exists in every single game. If you really want purple mats go buy the purple mission schematic from slicing.

This is a fallacy.

RNG exists in every game, but the probability of success is altered by the ability to increase one's skill. This game fails to encompass that, and therefore fails horribly as a crafting system.

Telling someone to "go but the mats" at inflated prices based on rarity, due to a failed system, is not a very well thought out response at all. In fact, its rather adolescent.

This is a fallacy.

RNG exists in every game, but the probability of success is altered by the ability to increase one's skill. This game fails to encompass that, and therefore fails horribly as a crafting system.

Telling someone to "go but the mats" at inflated prices based on rarity, due to a failed system, is not a very well thought out response at all. In fact, its rather adolescent.

Wait, so you tell me that my fallacy is that RNG exists in every game? Then in the next sentence you write "RNG exists in every game" LOL

How is it adolesccent to tell someone that you can buy missions that increase your chances of yielding higher quality missions or buying the mats off the GTN? I am sorry for giving someone more avenues to acquire what they need. The prices on mats are inflated because they are hard to get, that is the whole point of econ 101: supply and demand.